[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really practical for the Italian Arditi to attack with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: Arditi.png (1020KB, 875x724px) Image search: [Google]
Arditi.png
1020KB, 875x724px
Was it really practical for the Italian Arditi to attack with only pistols, knives, and explosives? Wouldn't it have been a better idea to at least arm supporting squads with carbines to provide suppressing fire during the starting offensive and help aid in holding the trenches from counter attacks? Your thoughts /his/?
>>
File: 1489174343392.jpg (18KB, 534x483px) Image search: [Google]
1489174343392.jpg
18KB, 534x483px
>>2688062
>italian military tactics
>>
>>2688062
Who gives a shit about tactical viability and success? The Arditi were fucking cool and like something out of 40k. The aesthetics justify the means.
>>
>>2688062
Artillery fire was already doing the supressing, and I don't think all of them didn't have rifles.
>>
>>2688099
Still wouldn't of it have been more helpful to have more direct small arms fire concentrating suppression on a more specific area?
>>
>>2688113
No.
The idea is the enemy is cowering because the world is exploding around him and the Arditi charge in directly on the heels of that bombardment. A few guys with carbines add nothing to that arrangement and only detract from it as they are additional bodies that could be leaping into the trench to kill people, rather than hanging around in no man's land with nothing to shoot at because the enemy is in the trench, not in no man's land.
>>
>>2688080
>>
>>2688099
>>
>>2688062
It wouldn't have been as cool
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.