[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever be able to establish a society like ancient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1488125366972.jpg (88KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488125366972.jpg
88KB, 1280x600px
Will we ever be able to establish a society like ancient Greece ever again?
>>
>>2684667
depends on the justice system

stick Lloyd Blankfein as chief justice of wherever we decide to plan it anyway
options:
>retake constantinople
>east side of switzerland
>transylvania
>antarctica
>svalbard
im outta ideas
>>
In some virtual reality/post-scarcity world maybe. You just need leisure time for dining and philosophizing, assemblies of all citizens for important decisions, and ample supply of boipussy.
>>
>>2684667
Provided we reoriented the economy back to slavery and fractured our political structures to the point of hyper-regionalist city states, I don't see why not. It probably won't happen in our lifetimes, but I can imagine the survivors of a nuclear apocalypse building this kind of society, just as the Greeks themselves built it out of the ashes of the bronze age collapse.
>>
For what purpose? Why would you want to live in the past? Everything about modern life is better.
>>
>Tyrants
>Slavery
>Constant civil war
>Neighboring empires fucking you over
>Intellectuals sentenced to execution through majority vote
>Random leagues that do jackshit

living the dream
>>
>>2684782
Imagine having your arrogance. I hope you feel the same way about Africa and America post-European colonization or you'd be a huge hypocrite.
>>
>>2684888
>seriously implying you'd rather live in the Africa of the 1600s over the Africa of the 2000s

Only LARPers and historical "reenactors" think like this.
>>
>>2684890
Guess if you are rich and white Africa of the 2000 may seem livable.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.