[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arian ism >Arianism, in Chr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: winks at you.gif (1MB, 383x279px) Image search: [Google]
winks at you.gif
1MB, 383x279px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism
>Arianism, in Christianity, is a Christological[1] concept that asserts that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who was begotten by God the Father at a point in time, is distinct from the Father and is therefore subordinate to the Father.[2]

Holy crap, this was something that I always thought about, and I only just now discovered that it was an actual thing in the church. There's literally nothing wrong with Arianism: if there is a Son and there's a Father, then the Son MUST be below the Father, in this world or in the next.
>>
>if there is a Son and there's a Father, then the Son MUST be below the Father

The ancient greek religion had it the other way around, so I don't see why it has to be dad>son, and not son>dad or son=dad. An omnipotent being should be able to create an equal or greater being, the real mystery is why he would create lesser beings.
>>
>>2683759
well it's related to the fact that in the canonical gospels Jesus repeatedly says he's lesser than the Father
>>
>>2683789
That's just showing humility, it can't be assumed that he meant it literally.
>>
I and the Father are one." (John 10:30)
>>
>>2683791
wut
>>
>>2683799
Jesus, being a humble sort, says he is lesser than his father but it doesn't mean he really is. He'd probably say he was lesser than Joseph and Mary too, that's just par for the course when it comes to being humble.
>>
>>2683789
him saying it doesn't mean that the Son MUST be below the Father, it only means that it happens to be that way, not necessarily due to a prerequisite of the father son relationship.
>>
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (Mark 13:32)
>>
>>2683809
except that he gives a specific instance where he is lesser than the Father: he has less knowledge of the future. Jesus said only the Father knows when the end of days will be, thus Jesus, part of your omnipotent, omniscient Godhead, is by his own words not omniscient
>>
>>2683827
But only Jesus has the knowledge of human experience that the Father implicitly lacks, having never been human. Thus neither is omniscient but collectively they may be considered as such.
>>
>>2683837
if "human experience" in a human body is required to be omniscient then they still aren't collectively omniscient, as they haven't lived as a dog, rabbit, tapeworm, etc
>>
>>2683843
I have no idea if they have tried all those animals out yet, but if not then you're right and they aren't omniscient. I mean it stands to reason that if they never sin then they lack that knowledge as well, so true omniscience may be impossible.
>>
>>2683809
Sounds like doublethink
>>
>>2683846
I'm surprised you yielded this easily on the dogma of omniscience but rely on the trinity to reinterpret Jesus's words to say something other than the most obvious meaning
>>
>>2683865
>dogma of omniscience
I'm not catholic so I'm not familiar with this dogma ( I assume its a catholic one)
And I don't see how Arianism is the most obvious meaning, if Jesus states he is lesser in one case regarding knowledge of the future it doesn't follow that he is below his father in all cases like the OP implies. The Son and Father may have different qualities without the Son being below the Father in the hierarchy.
>>
File: jolly old heretic puncher.jpg (315KB, 1000x1420px) Image search: [Google]
jolly old heretic puncher.jpg
315KB, 1000x1420px
>>2683745
*blocks your path*
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.