[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's sharpen our debate skills, /his/. Argue for a position

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: homomashup2.jpg (102KB, 750x300px) Image search: [Google]
homomashup2.jpg
102KB, 750x300px
Let's sharpen our debate skills, /his/. Argue for a position that you'd usually argue against. It'll be a good way to test your skills in both debate and logic.

Hardmode: don't act like a retard
>>
>>2683546
I argue that the Holocaust was the most horrid event in human history and it's a good thing that people are not allowed to question whether it actually happened.
>>
>>2683546
The whole idea is retarded if you think about it. How is it better than just arguing for your position? Plus it'll just lead to stupid meme replies like we can already see.
>>
>>2684342
OP said a position you're usually against. you're missing the point, faggot.
>>
File: 1485754054929.jpg (36KB, 487x540px) Image search: [Google]
1485754054929.jpg
36KB, 487x540px
>>2684410
This.

OP, sharpen your debating skills by explaining to us the benefits of arguing against instead of for the position we usually agree with.
>>
>>2683546
>trying to argue against God
>literally impossible

I think I just proved that atheists are the dumbest people on the planet
>>
File: realy mayks u thinc.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
realy mayks u thinc.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>2685213
>>
>>2683546
I argue that sub-saharan africans have a rich and beautiful culture despite the fact that they were (and still are) so disadvantaged by their geographical location and the oppression of the evil white man.
>>
>>2683546
On phone, so sue me.

I'm going to agree with the fact that censorship of harmful speech is much more conducive to a productive society than the introduction of free speech. Wish me luck.

>If an entire country can work towards one common ideal and disregard all other discourse from distracting nuisances such as public thought, a community can better prioritize the important functions that are needed for a society to overcome its major flaws (ie. Shut up and stop talking about how cis, white males aren't at fault for women's inequality in America. You're distracting us from fixing women's inequality in America, which we should ALL be working to fix, together, and with no dissenting opinion, so we can finally get to the bottom of this once and for all.)
>Cooperating toward absolute one-mindedness is, on paper, a legitimate political atmosphere conducive to scientific progress, material productivity, and individual health, as well as social and political progressiveness
>Freedom of speech WILL be used as a weapon by anyone dangerous enough to use it in that regard
>Freedom of speech is impossible to regulate with any arbitrary system or algorithm and can therefore be abused to promote hateful, destructive ideologies, contrary to the beliefs and wills if the established hierarchy
>Fuck Drumpf!

Okay, all le ebin meeming aside, only the last one was me trying to be funny. How well do you think I did? Anyone willing to counter-debate or play devil's advocate? I actually think this thread has potential.
>>
>>2683546
I think this is a great idea. If you can't argue and think as the other would, are you really understanding him? Also if you already have an established position the logical thing to, even if it might be unpleasant, is to try to argue against it not reinforce it again and again. So I'll take the same as this anon >>2685319 did and pick some of his points:

>One thing is free speech and the other the tolerated distribution of lies in its name and allowing anyone to speak about any subject.
>They say that because you don't know who is right you must therefore allow any stupidity, as obvious as it may be.
>They also claim that if you censor it will hurt our knowledge about the world but, has it really been like that? The times of censorship have also been those of greatest scientific development.
>The commoners who are uncultured can't choose themselves who is right and who is wrong, because they lack the knowledge to do it, so they'll always pick up bad, according to what pleases them the most and not what is true and right, as a child would do.
>What has achieved this "free speech" if not fights among ourselves and the deliberate spread of lies? Where free speech still does not exist, as in some religious communities such as mormons or (some) jews, there is a great cohesion and even greater results. They are all one and will resist every aggression as if they were an army and their projects will be successful while we will be discussing among ourselves, listening to every special snowflake, ending up divided and finally perish.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.