[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Some say, "history is a bunch of meaningless fragments."

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>Some say, "history is a bunch of meaningless fragments." Well, that's not what I see. History is a story, it's a narrative and it's our obligation as teachers to try to pull together all the disparate parts—to try to give the students a coherence, a core sense of the cohesiveness of history.

Thoughts?
>>
>>2670790

>And all our yesterdays have lighted fools The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player That struts and frets his hour upon the stage And then is heard no more. It is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.
>>
I don't think history is a narrative. There are narratives within history, you can tell a story about a specific person, place or thing, but any attempt to contextualize the entirety of human experience into a singular story sounds like whig history.
>>
>>2670804
History is a narrative if you believe in religion, or if you think history is the story of human advancement and progression
>>
>>2670796
edgy
>>
>history is a narrative
>it's your job to manipulate it and present it to children through your own lens
COMMIE ALERT
O
M
M
I
E
>>
>>2670790
History means both, history and story in Spanish
>>
I think history is a narrative because it is the story of mankind
It provides a context for the reasons behind our current world and the progress that has lead us to where we are now.
I am not hungry right now because I at lunch an hour ago. The Belgians hate the Dutch for being unable to stop the Nazis from passing into their country 1940.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.