[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Mexican-American War Wikipedia page > 1,733 American

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: d95.jpg (37KB, 680x444px) Image search: [Google]
d95.jpg
37KB, 680x444px
> Mexican-American War Wikipedia page
> 1,733 American troops killed in battle
> 13,283 total dead for American casualties
>>
>>2666275
America never loses
>>
>>2666275
Yes, death from things like disease always outpaced deaths in battle by orders of magnitude until the 1880s or so. This is like historical warfare 101.
>>
File: 1451322541196.png (38KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
1451322541196.png
38KB, 475x347px
>>2666311
By 766 percent?!

What the hell were they getting infected with? They were fighting in dry scrub-land. Did they seriously lose that many to dehydration?
>>
>>2666342
I haven't studied the Mexican-American war in any detail, but in other, similar 19th century wars, the big military killers were usually ones tied to bad water supplies, dysentery and cholera.

And yeah, you think that's bad, go look up the 5th Crusade. The Crusaders invaded Egypt, and bashed them so badly that the Ayyubid (sp?) sultan was willing to just give them the holy land, which they turned down because htey thought they could get Egypt and Palestine too without having to negotiate. Then, whoops, plague, everyone ded, and all they can squeeze out is an 8 year truce in return for leaving the country.

It was a big deal dude. A really big deal. Washington's decision to inoculate the Continental Army with a cowpox/smallpox vaccine probably saved more soldiers than the British killed in the entire war.
>>
>>2666342
The only thing that would make that death count make sense is if they somehow covered up the fact that they were fighting zombies or skinwalkers as well.

I'd watch that Ken Burns doc.
>>
>>2666275
Don't drink the water in Mexico. Diarrhea in the 19th century was fatal.
>>
>>2666394
When did we learn to boil stuff?
>>
>>2666287
kek
>>
>>2667581
Early considering Ameriniggers drank loads of tea.
>>
>>2666381
Are you literally retarded?
> Am. Revolution ended in 1783
> Smallpox vaccine introduced in 1796

??????
>>
>>2667581
A lot of people get got in really dumb ways when it comes to nasty water. They go to bathe, wash their clothes, or some other shit like that and they end up splashing just enough of the water into their face that some virus or parasite goes down their gullet.
It even be something else like scrubbing their hands "clean" in bad water and then eating because they don't realize their hands are covered in all sorts of nasty shit that they can't see.
A more modern example is that many people who go to Mexico will stick to drinking only bottled beverages, but they foolishly accept tainted ice cubes without thinking about it. Somehow those little single celled bastards can often survive being frozen and the drinker gets infected.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.