[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*blocks your path* I insist on a cavalry attack to break through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Douglas_Haig1.jpg (11KB, 217x332px) Image search: [Google]
Douglas_Haig1.jpg
11KB, 217x332px
*blocks your path*

I insist on a cavalry attack to break through the German lines.
>>
Fuck you Douglas, you got my great granddad killed
>>
File: ww1 machine gunners.png (572KB, 1023x707px) Image search: [Google]
ww1 machine gunners.png
572KB, 1023x707px
>>2665079
>pulls out machine gun
>teleports behind you
>nothing personal kid
>>
Haig being a bad general is something of a meme. He's an above-average general in the war compared to his contemporaries.
>>
https://youtu.be/rblfKREj50o?t=10
>>
>>2665213
So instead of using tactics and strategies useful only against crippled pygmies armed with fruits he used ones suitable against healthy pygmies armed with fruits?
>>
>>2665238
Blackadder is not history dickhead
>>
>>2665238
You seem to be laboring under the conception that the generals of WW1 were all narrow-minded and backwards and they stubbornly stuck to their primitive traditions because of a life time of military training had taught them to think only in a certain antiquted way and if some clear minded fellow were to take the reigns he could have washed away the stalemate on the Western front simple as that.

It was a unique combination of factors that lead to the static war of attrition that characterized the Western front and while it's easy to point to the killing fields and the thousands of lives seemingly thrown away for a pitiful gains and say the generals must have been idiotic it's not really an adequate explanation.
>>
File: 1366665735922.png (184KB, 495x354px) Image search: [Google]
1366665735922.png
184KB, 495x354px
>>2665079
>muh lions led by donkeys
>>
>>2665079
*waits until you're dead*
*calls you a shit general*

heh nothing personnel kid
>>
>>2665275
>Blackadder is not history dickhead
LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS

https://youtu.be/0OnpkDWbeJs
>>
File: Mackensen-A..jpg (101KB, 751x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Mackensen-A..jpg
101KB, 751x1049px
>>2665282
If this was true how come the German generals actually used new, innovative tactics and in general were just better.

Pic very related
>>
>>2665454
Haig actually had a very impressive record in 1918, without trenches being in as much force as previous years. His grasp of open warfare meant that he was actually quite a good leader in the last few months of the war and was one of many factors that lead to the success of the Allied offensives. Ironically, he was much more suited to the type of war fought post WW1 than to WW1 itself.
>>
>>2665473
Can you post some of those battles?
>>
>>2665476
The British side of operations listed here were managed by Haig. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Days_Offensive Amiens in particular was so successful that Canadian cycle companies were able to be fielded according to an account of the battle I heard in a documentary about the battle.
>>
>>2665454
Because they were fighting the fucking Romanians.
>>
>>2665493
Here's the documentary I'm recalling. The timestamp should make it skip to the part where he addresses Canadian cycle companies. youtu.be/MJe2CsdwXZw?t=2831
>>
>>2666666
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.