[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a nice conversation about national anthems,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: FUN FUN FUN!.png (94KB, 904x595px) Image search: [Google]
FUN FUN FUN!.png
94KB, 904x595px
Let's have a nice conversation about national anthems, and learn a bit more together. Today we will start with the Romanian anthem, "Deșteaptă-te, române", translated as "Wake up, Romanian". Remember that this thread needs of your participation.

According to the Wikipedia, it was written and published (under a different name) during the 1848 revolution, by Andrei Mureșanu. As you can read, it contains a message of liberty and patriotism, but keeping that agonizing and funeral style.

Check how it sounds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTwgwEHiWm0

Verses 1-2

>Romanian

Deșteaptă-te, române, din somnul cel de moarte,
În care te-adânciră barbarii de tirani
Acum ori niciodată croiește-ți altă soarte,
La care să se-nchine și cruzii tăi dușmani.

Acum ori niciodată să dăm dovezi la lume
Că-n aste mâni mai curge un sânge de roman,
Și că-n a noastre piepturi păstrăm cu fală-un nume
Triumfător în lupte, un nume de Traian.

>English

Wake up, Romanian, from the sleep of death
Into which you have been sunk by the barbaric tyrants
Now, or never, make a new fate for yourself,
To which even your cruel enemies will bow.

Now or never let us give proof to the world
That in these veins a Roman blood still flows,
That in our chests we hold a name with pride,
Victorious in battle, the name of Trajan!

Check the last line. It mentions the Roman Emperor Trajan. Interesting, isn't it? He was born in the Iberian Peninsula, ruled Roman Empide, and ended conquering Dacian lands, and hearts...
>>
Verses 3-4

>Romanian

Priviți, mărețe umbre, Mihai, Ștefan, Corvine,
Româna națiune, ai voștri strănepoți,
Cu brațele armate, cu focul vostru-n vine,
"Viața-n libertate ori moarte" strigă toți.

Preoți, cu crucea-n frunte căci oastea e creștină,
Deviza-i libertate și scopul ei preasfânt.
Murim mai bine-n luptă, cu glorie deplină,
Decât să fim sclavi iarăși în vechiul nost' pământ.

>English

Behold, great shadows, Mihai, Ștefan, Corvinus,
The Romanian Nation, your great-grandchildren,
With weapons in their arms, with your fire in their veins,
"Life in freedom or death!" shout all.

Priests, lead with your crucifixes, for our army is Christian,
The motto is Liberty and its goal is holy,
Better to die in battle, in full glory,
Than to once again be slaves upon our ancient ground!

Here you can read three interesting names:
Mihai Viteazu (Michael the Brave), Prince of Wallachia (as Michael II, 1593–1601), Prince of Moldavia (1600) and de facto ruler of Transylvania (1599–1600), He is considered one of Romania's greatest national heroes and he is seen by the Romanian historiography as the first author of Romanian unity (a brief unity, it only lasted 6 months).
Ștefan cel Mare (Stephen III of Moldavia), voivode (or prince) of Moldavia from 1457 to 1504, and famous for his resistance against the Ottomans (among many other attributes).
Juan Hunyadi, one of the greatests warriors of the Oriental Europe, the equivalent of Henry V of England.

The fourth verse talks about Christianity. Interesting, because before the Tomans, Dacians used to believe in a whole pantheon where Zamolxis was the main god.

I forgot to say that this is the short version of the anthem. The long one is 11 verses long.
>>
I just came here to tell you thats a nice OP image
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
>>2662450
>>
>>2662471
What the fuck OP
You betrayed me
>>
>>2662139
>be Romanian
>claim to be descandants of Dacians
>praise the guy who genocided Dacians

Why.

It's like as if the Israeli anthem ended with 'Heil Hitler'
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.