[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who were the sea peoples? How did a bunch raiders successfully

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Who were the sea peoples? How did a bunch raiders successfully invaded the near east and spread iron?
>>
>>2659130
It's in the name. As sea peoples, they lived in the sea and thus they were the Reptilians

>spread iron
just because they invaded did not mean they brought iron with them.
>>
File: Metallurgical_diffusion.png (225KB, 1780x1180px) Image search: [Google]
Metallurgical_diffusion.png
225KB, 1780x1180px
>>2659130
>and spread iron?
They didn't. Iron had been known about for a while, it was just that Bronze was significantly better because the technology to really make iron useful hadn't emerged yet. Tin and copper both required significantly lower temperatures to smelt into bronze and work than iron did, and what little iron was being produced during the Bronze Age was going to be significantly lower quality than the bronze that was available.

However, tin was comparatively rare in the ancient near east, and most regions were heavily reliant on trade to distant areas to provide the tin necessary for bronze. Pic related isn't entirely accurate, but it gives the general idea.

The Bronze Age Collapse saw the collapse of the trade routes vital to the tin trade, among countless other things, and as it became harder to make bronze and smelting technology improved, ironworking really started to emerge.
>>
>>2659130
Sea Peoples don't real.
John Green told me so.
>>
>>2659130
Holy fuck, is that guy wearing a flower pot as a helmet?
>>
>>2659130
>successfully invaded the near east
Invasion feels a wrong as a word to describe the sea peoples. It's a purely military term when they were described as bringing their women and goods with them. It's more akin to a migration, which took a military turn because the southwest asian economy was already full
>>
>>2659176
That map is shite.
>>
>>2659238
I've been searching around for good replacements for it. Got any that show the locations of different mines or trade routes?
>>
>>2659130
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyry8mgXiTk
>>
File: Coppersmelting.jpg (39KB, 638x294px) Image search: [Google]
Coppersmelting.jpg
39KB, 638x294px
>>2659247
No, but here's an individual version of the one I posted.

It is known that the Timna Valley contains the earliest evidence of copper mining in 7000-5000 BC though, so it's almost certain metallurgy originated in the Middle East and spread from there, correlating with West Asian admixture.
>>
>>2659190
Bronze age armor is crazy-go-nuts
>>
Who were they?
Indo european immigrants/invaders?
>>
>>2659305
>caused the destruction of civilization
>from vaguely northern european region

If history truly comes in cycles then they were probably the eternal germans
>>
>>2659305

Sardinians and italics I've heard
>>
>>2659305
Probably non-IE Sicilians, Sardinians, Philistines and post-collapse Minoans
>>
>>2659252
Y'all niggas should stop ignoring this post.
>>
>>2660136
He doesn't really adress The sea people problem, he mostly talks about The BA collapse
>>
>>2659252
Globalism a shit.
>>
>>2660150
Not him, but the Dorian Greeks surely played a part.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.