[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw today in medieval literature class professor said, mentioning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

>mfw today in medieval literature class professor said, mentioning Agincourt, that the French knights couldn't move when dismounted because apparently plate is too heavy
What are some stupid things that professors have said that really grind your gears, /his/?
>>
>>2658415
how is that wrong?
>>
>>2658437
Because a suit of plate armor was about 18 kgs/ 40 lbs and men could easily run, jump, do pullups, etc in them.
>>
>>2658437
>put on plate armor
>have to be pushed around the battlefield like some kind of statue by your squires
Kinda defeats the purpose of it
Besides if a man couldnt handle it a horse certainly couldnt either
>>
>>2658415
If you were dismounted in combat you were fucked. You have to remember that falling from a horse can badly injure someone who isn;t in the center of a battle. If you were knowcked out of your saddle you risked breaking bones, not to mention the mud that would make getting up difficult. You try getting knocked off a car with dumbbells taped to your shoulders as 500 people shoot arrows at you and tell me how you do. This is how a knight would have to get up, not mentioning the melee combat going on around you and potential nearby horses trampling you.
>>
>>2658459
They couldn't do all that when stuck in knee deep mud though. Your prof was right about Agincourt, talk about a technological dead end.
>>
>>2658611
But armor isn't like dumbells strapped to the shoulders. The weight is distributed evenly across the body more or less. I get the whole being knocked off a horse part though. That can fuck someone up
>>
>>2658646
The thing is though he didn't mention the mud. He said it like the armor itself was so heavy a knight was as agile as the fat guy who eats 4 pizzas a day (He didn't actually mention the fat guy)
>>
>>2658646
>>2658657

Exactly. Normies literally believe shit like "it took a crane to get an armored man on his horse".
>>
>>2658774

40lbs is a relatively light load for modern military in the sandbox. Between your plates, lbv, assault bag, etc you can easily push 60+.
>>
>>2658415
They couldnt move because of the mass of arrow riddled corpses infront of them
>>
>>2658798
Precisely.
>>
He's dead wrong, I wear my plate armour every week and it's very easy to win fistfights in which requires more agility than stomping through mud.
>>
>>2658415
>Women are given too little attention in history
>>
My fucking APUSH teacher once gave a lecture on "the Battle of Iwo Jima which occurred on the island of Okinawa" when someone asked him about it, he fucking doubled down. Guy also lost an essay of mine, but that's another story.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.