[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the greatest conqueror of all time? Was it Alexander

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Alexander_the_Great_mosaic.jpg (442KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
Alexander_the_Great_mosaic.jpg
442KB, 1200x720px
Who was the greatest conqueror of all time? Was it Alexander the Great?
>>
genghis khan or attila the hun i think
>>
>>2653161
I would say Napoleon
>>
Cyrus, no question. Alexander beat his "conquer shit" high score, but lost on the all-important actually ruling your empire bit.
>>
>>2653161
Genghis Khan for most land mass conquered, and he actually ruled it decently enough too.

Julius Caesar did a damn fin job capturing Gaul too. For most charismatic it's a toss up between him and Napoleon.

Mohammad was probably best at transforming and assimilating cultures on the places he conquered. Everywhere he went turned muslim and generally stayed muslim. Only little bits of pre-muslim culture remain in Arabia.

For most total success, I'd go with Francisco Pizarro. He captured the entire Incan Empire, a powerful empire in its own right, with a crew of, like 90 guys.
>>
>>2653526
>Francisco Pizarro
Inca was literally in civil war at the time and what he just chose a side
>>
>>2653161
Temujin.
>>
>>2653530
Yeah, but him and a bunch of Spaniards took control, not Incan factions. He captured it.
>>
>>2653235
being a conqueror != being an emperor

you can conquer territory and be damn good at it without being a good administrator. if that's a criteria you find important, than this thread isn't for you, you're looking for a "who was the best ruler of all time" thread
>>
>>2653594
Cyrus did conquer the shit out of Babylon ,though...
>>
>>2653526
Most of the notable conquests were conducted by Genghis's sons and grandsons.
>>
>>2653161
Alexander or Genghis
>>
Though it wasn't much compared to people like Alexander, Caesar conquered literally all of Gaul just to get brownie points back home, and he did it in good time, in good fashion, and in good style. And Rome kept Gaul for pretty much the rest of their existence.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.