[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: leaders who could have done great things but never really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: Ian_Smith_1950s.jpg (13KB, 200x261px)
Ian_Smith_1950s.jpg
13KB, 200x261px
ITT: leaders who could have done great things but never really got a fair shot (such as pic related)
>>
>>2648614
i personally think most leaders, if given eternal life to rule, would end up creating a near-utopia in no less then 150 years.
>>
I kind of want to nominate Kerensky, but he was an idiot staying in the war.

How about "Pyotr Solypin"?
>>
>>2648614
Nixon
>>
File: Pyotr_Stolypin_LOC_07327.jpg (175KB, 480x650px) Image search: [Google]
Pyotr_Stolypin_LOC_07327.jpg
175KB, 480x650px
>>2648693
*Stolypin

His land reforms were a great idea, since that had been pissing off peasants since they got freed, and continued to be an issues until the Bolsheviks took power and made it everybody's land
If Stolypin stayed alive, I like to think that ongoing reforms would placate the ex-serfs and movements like the SRs and commies would have a major point taken away from them

but at the same time he was totally inflexible when it came to the political side. There's the argument that Russia needs autocracy but Nicky didn't even like ruling..
>>
>>2648614
Charles V.
>>
File: Karl.jpg (64KB, 492x480px) Image search: [Google]
Karl.jpg
64KB, 492x480px
>>2649779
Good post.
>>
File: wang.jpg (135KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
wang.jpg
135KB, 980x735px
Objectively the most punished man in China
>>
>>2649779
>His land reforms were a great idea, since that had been pissing off peasants since they got freed, and continued to be an issues until the Bolsheviks took power and made it everybody's land
>If Stolypin stayed alive, I like to think that ongoing reforms would placate the ex-serfs and movements like the SRs and commies would have a major point taken away from them

Precisely

>>2649829

How so?
>>
>>2652760
had to employ his time in killing retarded proddy snowniggers instead of creating the catholic european empire
>>
The ultimate
>>
>>2649779
>Stolypin, Alexander II, Nikolay Alekseyev, Sergei Witte, etc

Anybody who says there was no talent in the late Russian Imperial government is wrong. It's just that the fucking anarchists kept murdering them.
>>
Pol Pot.
>>
>>2649779
as much as i wanted stolypin to live, he had already become increasingly marginalized by Nicholas II and was on the way to getting sacked like his predecessor before him. Witte was also alienated from the establishment too, and he really detested nicholas' crackdown of the 1905 revolution
tldr russia would have been ok if ANYONE but nickie were in charge. he was an arrogant chad if there ever was one
>>
File: ferdinand.jpg (103KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
ferdinand.jpg
103KB, 800x1132px
>>2648614
>>
>>2654023
killed by bankers rip
>>
File: oswald mosley.jpg (96KB, 587x800px) Image search: [Google]
oswald mosley.jpg
96KB, 587x800px
>>2648614
>>
>>2657244
All he wanted to do was restore Briton, not keep it spiraling into oblivion, to maintain some small elite's wealth and power.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.