[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Biggest humiliations in history. Battles, wars, scandal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: lmao.png (33KB, 323x660px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
33KB, 323x660px
ITT: Biggest humiliations in history. Battles, wars, scandals, etc.

My favourite is the Battle of Cochin. Reading what happened exactly is hilarious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cochin_(1504)
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEE Why does everyone keep posting this. Yes, we stagnated behind the rest of the world since we were so isolated, but when we got our shit together a few centuries after, the Travancore booted out the Dutch a few centuries after.

reeeeeeee
>>
the Bay of pigs invasion
I will never figure out what Allen Dules was thinking about when he decided the thing couldn't have gone wrong
>>
Shame the state of Portugal now
why even live breh
>>
File: IMG_0103.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0103.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
>when your entire fleet gets frozen and the Hussars just ride up and take your boats.
>>
there was that battle with the ottomans against serbians i saw in one thread before. still don't understand how it was possible being so heavily outnumbered.
>>
File: 1394083798013.png (490KB, 962x732px) Image search: [Google]
1394083798013.png
490KB, 962x732px
>>2648118
French cav is OP as hell, luckily it was nerfed later on
>>
>>2648150
>37 colors captured
what?
>>
>>2648135
Most numbers of ottoman army sizes and casualties were completely blown out of proportion.
Thats why every single small border clash, ever landing on some tiny mediterranean island, every ambush against some balkan militia is somehow against multiple 10s of thousands of Turks.

Even more incredible during the first centuries, when the Turks only had Anatolia and you have to wonder how they kept growing, when the allegedly were losing hundreds of thousands of casualties each year.
>>
>>2648173
Yes? Whats wrong with that? Too many for just 4k guys?
>>
>>2647818
Wow...how the hell did this happen?
>>
>>2648173
that's a lot of black people
>>
>>2648193
Anon is actually talking about an occasion where the Turks were outnumbered, I'm pretty sure. But yes, every battle involving the Ottomans has their numbers blown completely out of proportion. You'd think that their empire was as populous as China with all those enormous armies pulled out of nowhere for every battle and suffering tens of thousands of casualties every year, rather than just being roughly as populous as France.
>>
File: 1488420041085.png (82KB, 258x633px) Image search: [Google]
1488420041085.png
82KB, 258x633px
>>2648135
>>2648193
>>2648426
You guys talking about this?

>still don't understand how it was possible being so heavily outnumbered.
Because Serbian's were never real kebab removers. That role goes to the Hungarians who fought against the Ottomans the hardest and longest.
>>
>>2648173
Colors is another name for the flag of a unit, be it an army, a nation, a prince, or what have you.

Capturing colors generally means you defeated some measurable unit of force a battalion or a squadron or a fleet or whatever.
>>
>>2648559
I thought this was a history board. People here seriously dont know the meaning of colors?

Have you never heard of a color guard?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.