[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be Egypt >be first civilization >make big triangles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: pyrimad face.png (1013KB, 811x608px) Image search: [Google]
pyrimad face.png
1013KB, 811x608px
>be Egypt
>be first civilization
>make big triangles
>completely dominate everyone else for thousands of years
>become the private estate of the emperor of Rome
>tfw
>>
>>2643862
>Egypt
>First civilization
>Dominate everyone
>Become private estate of Roman emperor

?
>>
>>2643862
>first civilization
Sumer and Akkad predate it but yeah, sucks to know that Egypt was basically a food ranch from 525 BC to 1953 AD.
>>
>>2643899
That used to be the consensus among scholars, but older Egyptian stuff has been found, so it's looking like Egypt and Sumeria were basically coterminous.
>>
no iron, in fact the egyptians considered iron to be impure and the work of Set.
>>
>>2643913
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tutankhamun%27s_meteoric_iron_dagger_blade

The Egyptians were literally the first human culture to use iron.
>>
>>2643899
All evidence to points to pre-dynastic lower Egypt predating Sumer.
>>2643887
Augustus literally made Egypt his personal protectorate.
>>
File: bronze age water levels.jpg (80KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
bronze age water levels.jpg
80KB, 672x372px
>>2643905
not him but oldest objective evidence for "civilization", which includes the use of written language, is sumerian, and the oldest evidence for agricultural society with centralized power and artisans lies around turkey/northern syria. though I wouldn't be surprised if there were such societies around all three areas simultaneously. there is a lot we don't know about due to pic related.
>>
>>2643944
>Geoffrey Sampson believes that most scholars hold that Egyptian hieroglyphs "came into existence a little after Sumerian script, and ... probably [were] invented under the influence of the latter ..."[18] This view, however, is strongly contested by other scholars. Dreyer's findings at Tomb UJ at Abydos in Upper Egypt clearly show place names written in hieroglyphs (up to four in number) recognizable as signs which persisted and were employed during later periods and which are written and read phonetically. The tomb is dated to c.3250 BC and demonstrates that such writing (on bone and ivory labels) is a more advanced form of writing than was evident in Sumer at that date. It is argued, therefore, that the Egyptian writing system, which is in any case very different from the Mesopotamian, could not have been the result of influence from a less developed system existing at that date in Sumer.[19]

What I'm getting is that I don't know enough about the field to have a meaningful opinion.
>>
>>2643919
those daggers are foreign. there are very little iron objects found in intact tombs.
>>
>>2643862
Aegyptus was the second richest province of the entire Roman Empire, after Italia. They got a good deal.
>>
>>2643862
The first human permanent settlement we have evidence of dates back to over 10,000 years ago in modern day Turkey, long before Egypt was a thing. Egypt was probably the greatest of the first ancient civilizations, but it wasn't THE first.
>>
>>2644278
You're going to have to define civilization.

Because usually you have to have writing for it to count.
>>
I hope the islamists don't blow up those old triangles :(
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.