[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1905 first flight of heavier than air aircraft >1969 land

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: fake picture.jpg (33KB, 445x290px) Image search: [Google]
fake picture.jpg
33KB, 445x290px
>1905 first flight of heavier than air aircraft
>1969 land and walk on the fucking moon

How the fuck did humanity manage to make such cataclysmic leaps in technological advancements in such a short space of time? They went from being able to fly a piece of wood 120ft at 6mph and crash landing, to being able to put some people on the top of a 360ft tall missile, fire them out of the atmosphere at 6000mph, land on another celestial body 240,000 miles away, then return to Earth safely.

What the fuck is this shit? Did I miss something? All of that in less than a human lifetime?
>>
>>2643479
>Did I miss something?
Yes, two world wars.
>>
Warfare. Shortly after their invention, planes were adopted as tools of espionage. Quickly an armsrace started.

Planes became more and more powerful. Soon, two startegic enemies were in a pissing contest to show their intelligence.

Being able to put craft in space means space weaponry. This petty competition lead to moonmen.
>>
>>2643491
This and the Space Race. it is fucking amazing though
>>
>>2643494
>>2643491
There are many times in history of huge landmasses/powers have been at war for extended periods of time.

Is there any other period in history thats even comparable to the 20th century in terms of technological leaps?
>>
File: smugbe.jpg (134KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
smugbe.jpg
134KB, 960x960px
>Did I miss something?
The evolution of Cinematography.
>>
>>2643479
War spurs technological innovation, everyone knows trhat.
>>
>>2643511

This desu, nobody walked on the moon, wake up.
>>
>>2643479
I can't wait to brag to aliens that we beat their shitty technological development.
>>
>>2643522

Anon, it's blatantly clear we're one of the slowest learners in the entire galaxy, we still haven't even left our own solar system and haven't even discovered primitive life anywhere other than our own planet. We're mentally retarded on the galactic scale.
>>
>>2643506
Unironic answer would be scientific revolution. Humans found out that scientific knowledge puts them ahead, so they focused on it.
>>
>>2643540
>he actually believes Area 51 is just a random airbase
>he honestly thinks humans haven't discovered alien lifeforms yet
>>
File: 1487913616001.jpg (333KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487913616001.jpg
333KB, 1200x1200px
GERMAN
SCIENTISTS
>>
>>2643479
Two world wars then a cold war. The amount aviation technology advanced during ww1 was at least 10x more than in the 10 years since it's invention.
>>
>>2643479

>What the fuck is this shit?

An exponential curve. Our intuition for shit tends to be linear, so exponential progression can seem strange / unexpected. But it actually makes a lot of sense if you realize the rate of increase in progress itself increases the more progress is made. Every time something new is discovered / invented, more new things can be discovered / invented at an even faster rate. If you have nothing, everything takes forever to build, but if you're starting with industrialization or a world with personal computers and the internet then you're going to have tons of convenient shortcuts or further progress already in effect.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.