[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Namamugi Incident and the resulting Bombardment of Kagoshima

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Namamugi_incident.jpg (546KB, 1059x493px) Image search: [Google]
Namamugi_incident.jpg
546KB, 1059x493px
Or was it just a display of ignorance and arrogance?
>1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namamugi_Incident
>2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardment_of_Kagoshima
>>
Of course it was. The Nips should thank their stars the British or even the Russians didn't conquer their asses. Would've avoided all that bloodshed from 1941-1945 if the Japs hadn't taken advantage of the European war.
>>
>>2643260
I suppose... but isn't that a little totalitarian?
>>
>>2643407
>implying that British colonialism wouldn't be a net positive for those shitbox islands
Think of all those countless people that died because of Nip imperialism from 1894 to 1945. No Jap war machine and fascist government means millions of people that could've contributed to the arts, sciences, business, etc. I'd say that's a better world than the one IRL.
>>
>>2643407
>totalitarian
>1862
Fuck off.
>>
>>2643483
yet if someone said it would be better for the world if the British empire collapsed during the French revolution they would be called edgy
>>
>>2643260
Europe should have stuck there noses out of the business of the gooks.
>>2643483
>science, art and business
All thoughts things thrive during war. If Greater Japan was established I believe a lot of those shitty indonesian countries would be a hell of a lot better off.
Its like you forget the millions that died during Communist China and the suppression and regulation of apparent missing science, arts and business
>>
>>2646172
Nice bait retard
>>
File: 751.jpg (58KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
751.jpg
58KB, 598x792px
>>2646404
>>
>>2643177

>The Satsuma forces were slowly pushed back; however the fact that the British were not expecting such armed resistance meant that their ships ran low on food and ammunition, forcing a premature retreat of the British navy. The encounter was face-saving for Satsuma, and was even claimed as a victory by the Japanese side, considering the relative number of casualties. The British ships did not land troops or seize cannons (which would have signalled the absolute defeat of Satsuma), Kuper having decided that enough was enough.[9]
What a way to write, Brits always trying to save face.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.