[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody at Cambridge? I'm thinking of applying to study

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Anybody at Cambridge?

I'm thinking of applying to study history there, so would anybody be able to tell me what I should expect in terms of an interview and the questions, the most likely college to be accepted into, entrance exams, college life, anything to use in my advantage to get in (family instability, trauma, ethnicity, sexuality, etc)?
>>
You couldn't pay me to go to such a faggot ridden place

Stanford/MIT or nothing
>>
>>2637613
There is absolutely nothing wrong with faggots.
>>
>>2637629
other than their copious use use of the ineffective and entirely pseudointelectual marxist historical method of analysis. at worst go to oxford and just learn latin and greek
>>
>>2637655
I'm definitely not a marxist and want to go study history. Fuck off, brainlet
>>
>>2637541
Jesus College is a best, the rest have inflated reputations due to meme magic.
St.John's is bretty gud too, don't listen to the shit about preferring to be at Oxford over St.John's. Also, Darwin is nice.
>>
>>2637541
The things you mention as being helpful for admission won't be helpful at Cambridge. It isn't some SJW-ridden US state school. Family may be helpful if you're related to alums or somebody famous/wealthy who has donated a large sum recently.
If you're applying for graduate work, talk about what you could contribute to the university's research and knowledge of a field. Have a strong idea of what your research will be about.
>>
>>2638160
I was thinking of applying to St. John's college but I'm peasant-tier and haven't had anyone in my family go to university, as far back as my great-grandparents and presumably not before then.

>>2638192
It's for undergrad study and I'm a completely poor pleb. Although I have several friends there (due to me taking a gap year).
>>
>>2638205
Don't get intimidated by the idea that you need to be connected, you don't. I'm a burger who went to a Midwestern uni nobody has heard of, and I'm not from money either.
>>
>>2638220
haha nice joke friend xd
>>
>>2637541
Anon what are your current grades and what's the best you can do
>>
>>2638220
Yeah sure
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.