[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I'm European why shouldn't I be eurocentric? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 31

File: CIYvAwHWIAAqLZH.png (248KB, 418x457px) Image search: [Google]
CIYvAwHWIAAqLZH.png
248KB, 418x457px
If I'm European why shouldn't I be eurocentric? Why are Europeans the only culture that are "supposed" to be viewing the world through a universalist lens? Paradoxically, is anti eurocentrism and a tendency toward universalism a uniquely European way of seeing the world?

Madness!
>>
Every single African, Middle Eastern and Indian poster on /his/ is highly ethnocentric and racist and they spout autistic all day long about how their people are somehow special.

In my view Europeans have a tendency to be more reasonable and introspective.
>>
Anti-whites are in a way the ultimate white supremacists, because they view the other races as having no agency and completely depending on white tolerance and benevolence to make it.
>>
Well, Eurocentrism is a rather vague term, at least in the sense you seem to be using it.

In a historical context, or a history of ideas context, it seems sensible to broaden the scope of investigation.
Sometimes, actions in another part of the world can have effects in Europe.

It is kind of funny to me to see the question phrased this way too, because you seem to be ignoring entirely China when you are implying universalism is a distinctly European way of seeing things.
>>
>>2636211
Same goes for the balkanians.

Wait - is the balkans Europe?
>>
File: 1491291227846.gif (110KB, 416x234px) Image search: [Google]
1491291227846.gif
110KB, 416x234px
>>2636234
>It is kind of funny to me to see the question phrased this way too, because you seem to be ignoring entirely China when you are implying universalism is a distinctly European way of seeing things.
Have you ever taken a look at a syllabus of Chinese history taught in China?

We
Wuz
EVERYTHING
>>
>>2636257
>Have you ever taken a look at a syllabus of Chinese history taught in China?

I haven't (not that anon), can you provide some examples?
>>
>>2636276
Not him but have a new York times article

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/06/world/asia/chinas-textbooks-twist-and-omit-history.html?_r=0
>>
>>2636203
Most people that complain about eurocentricism are americans. Americans have an identity problem because they lack culture of their own, unlike Europeans. This is probably why americans are so autistic about race and talk about their ethnic herirages as if they were dog breeds.
>>
>>2636302
You mean to tell me that the country known for propaganda and state controlled media teaches a warped view of history? I'm truly shocked.
>>
>>2636306
>no culture
Even if you don't like the culture doesn't mean it doesn't exist. American media and culture has penetrated every corner of the globe.
>>
File: 1489298134428.jpg (24KB, 222x258px) Image search: [Google]
1489298134428.jpg
24KB, 222x258px
Why should I accept the narrative the Europe invented all of the world's technologies and steam rolled everyone all at once right at the time European and European derived societies are at their zenith?

Seems awfully convenient.
>>
Isaac Newton

a white European

literally surpassed all the combined scientific accomplishments of the "golden age of islam"

SINGLE HANDILY
>>
File: col.png (261KB, 1271x845px) Image search: [Google]
col.png
261KB, 1271x845px
>>2636203
You have to understand this in the context of colonialism. Yes, things like slavery, conquest and subjugation are as old as humanity itself. Everyone's history is full of it, no argument there. However, the Europeans were the first to carry it out on a global scale never seen before; the effects of which still reverberate today.
>>
>>2636356
He single-handedly surpassed everything that came before him, but sholders of giants etc.
>>
>>2636373
Which begs the question

why did someone like Newton arise from Europe

why didn't a Newton like figure arise during the golden age of islam....

Muslims dominated science, and then Galileo, Kepler and Newton come along and Europe starts to dominate

why?
>>
>>2636203
You're supposed to feel ashamed of the horrible things you did to us in order to give us a chance to do the same thing to you.
>>
>>2636379
>EY YO U WUZ WE WUZ ME WUZ NOW I WUZ N SHIIIET
https://youtu.be/NHaFYdnk5Ho
>>
>>2636377
Because reasons. Don't you know that everything can be explained away by geographical and social conditions? Even though determinism is bad! And whitey also stole all the knowledge from Africa and Muslim countries! And they invented everything not because of reason but because they're really special.
>>
>>2636386
"whitey stole from africa"

proof?
>>
>>2636377
Newton just happened to be born at the right place and at the right time. If you replaced him with an African bushman, the same bushman would have done everything Newton did exactly the same way Newton did. On the other hand if you placed white Europeans, say Dutchmen, in Africa, say somewhere to the -- South, they wouldn't farm and develop the land into the wealthiest of the continent, they would simply and immediately strip naked and become primitive cannibals.
>>
>>2636203
Ok, I will explain it only once because this is a recurring theme. You posted this here and not on /pol/ and used respectful language so here it goes:
There are essentially two types of processes, nationalism and imperialism. Those two are usually mistakenly identified with aggression and have a lot of historical baggage but in their essence, nationalism is about preserving the identity and self identification of a small tribe while imperialism is about having a unified political dominance over several nationalistic cultures with the end goal of uniting them into one policy, first politically and than culturally. This can be a bit confusing because usually empires arise out of competition between those smaller identities and the winning one is fiercely nationalistic. But when it comes to dominate the others, it over time, opens up to the other tribes starting from the elites in order to gain stability and to utilize their resources more fully. In this trade-off, the loosing tribes need to adopt the cultural identity of the main tribe but in exchange they gain a seat at the table and also contribute some aspects of their culture. That's what happened with the Persian empire, Hellenistic empires and with Rome. We are currently living in the age of the dominance of the western power, with the elites trying to cement their imperial project by switching from nationalism to the embracing the "loosing tribes" stage. This is done from a position of strength but is misinterpreted by some conservative Europeans as an assault of their national identity while in reality it's just the final stage of uniting the world under the western culture. Some other Europeans may just want to be left alone in their smaller tribe and forfeit world dominance which is a legitimate viewpoint but it is clearly against the interest of the elite which wants to dominate the world and not only their tribe. There is nothing sinister about the viewpoints of both sides.
>>
>>2636395
Because some fictional characters in Greek Mythology are from exotic countries the authors likely have never been to, such as "Ethiopia" and "India". And Greek philosophers like Pythagoras also got their "secret wisdom" from "secret schools" in "India", "Chaldea" and "Egypt".
>>
Because its better to get a complete picture of the world than simply a simple of a small continent.

After all, Europe only has 10% of world population and~6% of world landmass.

If you don't plan on interacting with anyone outside the Europe, I suppose thats fine. But given that everyone has internet, given that world travel is common, given that in our lifetime, space colonization might be possible, and so on, limiting your knowledge to only european identity politics is pretty much outdated to say the least.

You could make your case when Europe was much more relevant around 19th century. Back when Europe was the hotspot. That era passed by and gave rise to the American era during 20th century. And now in the 21st century, it will be the Chinese century and possibly Indian century next.

Europe's eminence is all but over in grand scheme of things, unless something drastic happens.
>>
>>2636404

no, blacks have lower iqs than whites genetics wise
>>
>>2636414
thats not proof

lol
>>
>>2636255
I'm not. Tho i agree, many of my countrymen, and our neighbors are. But i've seen a few non biased people from different Balkan countries on this board.
However /int/ tier shitters are the loudest.
>>
>>2636464
What are you talking about? If one Roman author from the 500s AD writes that Pythagoras traveled to Egypt to learn "secret wisdom" from Egyptian "priests" a thousand years before he was even born, this is 100% percent proof that Subsaharan Africans invented calculus.
>>
>>2636485
That's wrong. Africans invented quantum Chrono dynamics ten millennia ago but dem CUMSKINS were too dumb to comprehend it.
>>
>>2636203
Because its bias and unobjective. History and politics should be seen from a humancentric view or else you will make mistakes.
>>
>>2636356
>literally surpassed all the combined scientific accomplishments of the "golden age of islam"
not at all
>>
>>2636257
>Have you ever taken a look at a syllabus of Chinese history taught in China?
I haven't but my girlfriend is Chinese and it sounds pretty good. They basically rote learn the entire world history, they know it all, my girlfriend was talking about president Hoover the other day as if he's common knowledge.

Whereas in the west it's what, years looking at random specific areas without any context.
>>
>>2636356
This is a comedic post right, because Isaac is the one who said he stood on the shoulders of giants.

>>2636377
There was actually lots of Newton like thinkers in the Islamic golden age but they didn't have the background behind their knowledge to go as far as he did. They are the ones who provided the backdrop instead.

You might as well say why didn't Bill Gates appear in 1940.
>>
>>2636509
>commentaries on Aristotle and ancient Greek and Indian treatises are more important than the entire field of Classical Physics
Scientific illiterate detected.
>>
>>2636512
Stupidest bullshit I've ever heard.
>>
File: alhazen.jpg (166KB, 736x894px) Image search: [Google]
alhazen.jpg
166KB, 736x894px
>>2636520
This guy used some calculus like formulae for finding volumes, but he didn't make it a system.

He also, apparently, discovered that sight happens when light is reflected from an object into the eye.

He's an Arab. Don't even get started on the Persians.
>>
Anti eurocentrism is a Jewish psyop designed to undermine the accomplishments of our civilization and lower us to the level of the money men.
>>
>>2636525
How on earth could you possibly be brought to saying such a thing from such a basic post as explaining Chinese education through a reliable anecdote?
>>
>>2636531
Calculus as you're describing it dates back to the Greeks, fuck off Mohammed, your people are inferior shitskins
>>
>>2636531
>He also, apparently, discovered that sight happens when light is reflected from an object into the eye.
I dont know why this took so long to figure out. If light fucking came from our eyes it would get progressively darker as people closed their eyes one by one.
>>
>>2636539
>fuck off Mohammed, your people are inferior shitskins
Logic you can trust.
>>
File: clock_ali.jpg (63KB, 441x524px) Image search: [Google]
clock_ali.jpg
63KB, 441x524px
>>2636531
>He also, apparently, discovered that sight happens when light is reflected from an object into the eye.
Yes and you know whom he got that from? Aristotle.

I bet you think pic related invented the clock too, right?

Give it up Muhammad.
>>
>>2636540
I don't know either.
He wrote books about Optics and other things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_al-Haytham
>>
>>2636203
>If I'm European why shouldn't I be eurocentric?
you should. just don't go all WE WUZ and realize that others have done stuffas well.
>>
>>2636548
We get it, you hate Muslims and thus disregard everything they might have ever done.
>>
>>2636552
Because you didn't do anything
Your entire history is koran recital and camel fucking
I spit in the eye of your flag and country
>>
File: ancient_air_plane.jpg (23KB, 475x150px) Image search: [Google]
ancient_air_plane.jpg
23KB, 475x150px
Hey guys did you know that Indians invented the airplane because they conceived the concept of a flying vehicle? Therefore nevermind the people who actually invetended the airplane, they just stole the idea from ancient POC!
>>
>>2636557
There are African sand paintings of rockets still well preserved in the sahara, did you know Europeans stole the concept from them?
>>
>>2636566
there are pictures of the Sun in Egyptian tombs

does that mean black people invented the sun?
>>
>>2636557
dey stole our teknology! gib reparation! gib money! gib phone

gib gib gib gib gib gib gib gib gib gib gib gib gib gib
>>
>>2636556
Aha, the typical "you", assuming i must be muslim for disagreeing with you. I'm not.

Jesus christ grow up, i used to be one of you morons about a decade ago.
>>
>>2636520
no there wasn't

no one in the islamic golden age came close to producing a masterpiece like the Principia that Newton did
>>
>>2636538
Because I don't buy that your girlfriend was educated in 100 year old U.S presidents in a country that until 20 years ago was a Marxist dictatorship.
>>
>>2636520
what does this even mean they didn't have the background behind their knowledge?
>>
Humans originate in Africa all civilizations are African.
>>
we wuz scientists and kanzg and shieet!

that pasty cracka ass Newton didn't invent notin lmao!
>>
LOL AL HAYTHAM

Al Haytham was mediocre at best........ he was the best of the islamic scientist

but isn't on the same level as Newton or Einstein both EUROPEAN Geniuses
>>
File: tfab-the_weaponizable_pineal-eee.jpg (441KB, 1340x1340px) Image search: [Google]
tfab-the_weaponizable_pineal-eee.jpg
441KB, 1340x1340px
>>2636569
Yes
>>
>>2636592
this is what black people actually believe

holy shit
>>
>>2636587
Yakov Ibn Aton and Al-Bert ibn Aish-Aten were black Muslim scientists rfom Egypt!
>>
>>2636509
yes he did...Newton surpassed all the scientific achievements of the islamic golden age with the Principia
>>
>>2636577
>Calculus

>Alhazen discovered the sum formula for the fourth power, using a method that could be generally used to determine the sum for any integral power. He used this to find the volume of a paraboloid. He could find the integral formula for any polynomial without having developed a general formula.[134]
came close

but i agree, principia is principia
>>
the "Islamic Golden Age" was pretty much the continued Greek golden age

muslims did nothing original
>>
>>2636598
>Yakov
That's Isḥāq, Isḥāq New-Aton my mistake.
>>
File: predator_irl.jpg (570KB, 945x1500px) Image search: [Google]
predator_irl.jpg
570KB, 945x1500px
>>2636412

Don't bother. It's the same mong who posts these kind of threads every other day, with the same picture of a pensive gorilla, the same "look-at-me-I'm-so-reasonable" language and the same "thinly veiled /pol/ thread" themes. It's a minimally elaborate troll. Sage.

>>2636203

As for you, fuck off back to where you came from.
>>
>>2636603
There were elements of Calculus from Archimedes, to China, to India

but it wasn't really until Newton and Leibniz, that calculus really became a solid foundation
>>
>>2636613
>Leibniz
Not Al Ibn Niz.

I bet you think that "Leibniz" was a pasty white cracka too lmao!
>>
>>2636601
i doubt that
it's hard to compare things across time, unless you have an agenda

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_scientists#Mathematicians
>>
File: 1491389048880.jpg (234KB, 634x875px) Image search: [Google]
1491389048880.jpg
234KB, 634x875px
>>2636612
What's wrong with gorilla posting? Nothing.
>>
do black people really believe they were ancient egyptians
>>
>>2636623
then you obviously don't understand the effect that Newton's Principia had on science
>>
File: kang.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
kang.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>2636626
nigga we wuz KANGZ!

y r u so scare whiteboi lmao!
>>
>>2636629
i do, anon, it was very influential

that doesn't diminish the achievement of the people who came before him
>>
>>2636520
>>2636531
>>2636548
Hmm, /pol/ can't into scientific research, who would have thought.
>>
File: Leibniz.jpg (23KB, 249x304px) Image search: [Google]
Leibniz.jpg
23KB, 249x304px
I found an ancient picture of Ali ibn Niz or "Leibniz", the black Muslim Egyptian Israelite that invented calculus thousands of years before Christ. As you can see he was clearly a black man. Whitey can't handle the truth lmao.
>>
>>2636578
Well then you're retarded. They are educated on all this stuff, forced to memorise it and what they did.

It's all viewed through a Marxist lense, she told me about how they were taught about Ghandi, how he is viewed as a Marxist using the people against the capitalist Empire of Britian.

Being a commie country doesn't mean they don't educate you it means they twist the truth.
>>
File: Newton.jpg (533KB, 980x1305px) Image search: [Google]
Newton.jpg
533KB, 980x1305px
Why do white people portray Isḥāq New-Aton as a pasty white cracka?
>>
>>2636540

also has no-one before that ever went into a dark room before and then left to fetch a light-source because they couldn't see?
fucking eyebeams, how do they work?
>>
>>2636440
>europe won't be overrun by Islamists
>all the scientists researching better ways for space travel that don't escape to Mexico and Japan won't be executed by terrorists for practicing black magic
>we will get to space with mass Arab immigration to Europe

I have some bad news for you buddy.
>>
File: Origin_of_Species.jpg (66KB, 500x729px) Image search: [Google]
Origin_of_Species.jpg
66KB, 500x729px
The book On The Origin of Species was originally written in Arabic by the famous black Muslim biologist Darul-Win. Proof: pic related.
>>
File: Darul-Win.jpg (1MB, 800x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Darul-Win.jpg
1MB, 800x1170px
Whitey BTFO!
>>
>>2636512

T. Chinese propaganda agent
>>
>>2636705
You guys are fucking insane.
>>
File: Muslim_rocket.jpg (100KB, 386x595px) Image search: [Google]
Muslim_rocket.jpg
100KB, 386x595px
Muslims invented rocket propulsion and traveled to space during the Islamic Golden Age.
>>
File: Minarets_are_space_rockets.jpg (627KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Minarets_are_space_rockets.jpg
627KB, 1920x1080px
>>2636716
What do you think a minaret is? Whitey BTFO yet again!
>>
>>2636600
>>2636652
>>2636662
>>2636680
>>2636692
>>2636716
>>2636721
Who are you posting this for?
>>
>>2636672
Yeah, congratulations, you're very fucking smart in 2017 and a first world country.
>>
>>2636343
No one has ever made that claim except a couple of /pol/tards.
>>
File: Muslim_UFO.png (387KB, 442x407px) Image search: [Google]
Muslim_UFO.png
387KB, 442x407px
Muslims visiting Europe in their advanced space ships during the Islamic Golden Age. How can whitey even compete?
>>
>>2636550
Pretty much this.
>>
File: Islamic_Golden_Age.jpg (344KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Islamic_Golden_Age.jpg
344KB, 1024x768px
Islamic Golden Age energy towers.
>>
File: Muslim_aircraft.jpg (41KB, 480x264px) Image search: [Google]
Muslim_aircraft.jpg
41KB, 480x264px
Muslim aircraft. Pretty common during the Islamic Golden Age.
>>
File: 1491512316331.png (11KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
1491512316331.png
11KB, 447x378px
>>2636781
Goodnight white pride!
>>
File: Muslim_UFO.jpg (251KB, 634x923px) Image search: [Google]
Muslim_UFO.jpg
251KB, 634x923px
Muslim conquerors arriving at Al-Andalus in their flying saucers. The invention of al-gebra and q-al-qulus was instrumental in the development of the Muslim space program.
>>
>>2636544

that's not a logical assertion, it's a factual statement coupled with a command.
>>
>>2636708

Dude it's 4chan
>>
>>2636807
10 million muslims just be airdropped directly into Madrid to recivilize us! Please! How can I get into contact with the Saudi embassy to arrange this?
>>
File: BTFO.jpg (127KB, 570x585px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.jpg
127KB, 570x585px
Primitive whitey never saw what hit them lmao
>>
File: Atomic-Bomb.png (446KB, 581x479px) Image search: [Google]
Atomic-Bomb.png
446KB, 581x479px
Muslims also split the atom during the Islamic Golden Age. Pic relate, ancient Muslim Atomic Bomb.

The word atomic comes from the black Egyptian god Aton, not from atom, as whitey would have you believe.
>>
>>2636859
The nerve white people have in saying they invented ANYTHING!
>>
only thing crackahs invented wuz slavery and oppression!
>>
>>2636883
And homosexuality
>>
>>2636203
Eurocentric works with European history but in more international matters it isn't the ONLY one. Just so happens that only recently did we get to hear input from the other side or history views from another lense.

Also /his/ you guys really need to stop responding to the gorilla poster.
>>
>>2636360
wow so Japan was never colonized by europe?
>>
>>2637370

The map has, for some insane reason, decided occupations since ~1940 don't count.

In fact the only place that has not had it's country conquered by Europeans is Thailand. In the wars they lost, it was always a conditional surrender.
>>
>>2636306

>posted from my iPhone on an American website
>>
>If I'm European why shouldn't I be eurocentric?

You can be as eurocentric as you want, but if you are making universal claims or trying to explain how things work in general then you should be aware of your biases including the limited perspective of a eurocentric worldview (and any own-culture-centric wordview, really; a sinocentric perspective is just as flawed when you are talking about issues not related to china or trying to make universally valid claims)

>Why are Europeans the only culture that are "supposed" to be viewing the world through a universalist lens?
They aren't.
Europeans (also Americans) may however want to be more careful about avoiding a self-centered, limited perspective because they are more likely to "get away with it": Due to western cultural dominance worldwide, people from other cultures may accept western perspectives unquestioningly, which makes it harder to avoid this bias because people usually won't call you out on it, whereas if a person from india tried to explain the world exclusively with concept that can only be applied in india, people would probably be quicker to reject his theories.
this comes down to personal choice of course but if you want to be a good scientist you need to be as aware of any biases as possible.

>Paradoxically, is anti eurocentrism and a tendency toward universalism a uniquely European way of seeing the world?
yes, i definitely think so. i don't think any other culture has embraced cultural relativism so far as europeans/westerners. the universalist perspective has spread from there and is spreading further but it is probably still largely a western phenomenon
>>
>>2636356
But it was him not you. I think Newton was one of the smartest men of all time but there is another man who probably had one of the highest rawest intelligence after him: Ramanujan and he was indian.
>>
>>2636539
Middle East gave the world Algebra
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_ibn_Musa_al-Khwarizmi
>>
>>2637450
With code taken from a Japanese circlejerk and porn downloadedr
>>
>>2637519
It was the Indians not the Arabs
>>
>be eurocentric
>support democracy since it was invented in greece
>support rule of law since it was invented in rome
>support civil rights since it was invented in england
how is this a bad thing?
>>
>>2637450
Iphone probably designed by foreign engineers and with parts made in some third world country.
>>
>>2637544
>democracy in Greece
Um no? Sweetie didn't you know an Aztec vassal invented democracy long before the Greeks. Of course the Christians killed them with their small pox blankets and burned all books recording the parliaments they held
>>
>>2636203
>Why are Europeans the only culture that are "supposed" to be viewing the world through a universalist lens?

Who actually says this? Not some schizophrenic inference, but who actually says it? Of course people protest ignorance, if they're most around Europeans they'll protest that specific form. I have no doubt some people in Asia and America say similar things to their peers.
>>
>>2637609
dey stol our democrassy from us now we cant b demokratic anymo
>>
>>2636211
>this
Also many europeans are waking up to this hypocrisy and enacting nationalist policies in their given countries.
>>
>>2636592
Bruh i literally have another one of these info graphics but I cannot find it because of poor folder categorization
>>
>>2637609
>Aztec vassal
Yo bruh you wanna cut our wieners and bleed ontop of pyramids to make sure the sun comes up tomorrow?
>>
File: shiiieet.jpg (458KB, 1063x1004px) Image search: [Google]
shiiieet.jpg
458KB, 1063x1004px
>>2636592
FOUND IT!
It was hiding in my communism folder for some reason.
>>
>>2636356
>Isaac Newton
>a white European
>literally surpassed all the combined scientific accomplishments of the "golden age of islam"
>SINGLE HANDILY
holy shit you're a fucking idiot kys right now
>>
>>2636221

Basically this.

It's their admission that Europeans have basically won the game without admitting it.
>>
>>2637427
>talks about european colonization
>japan is usa's protectorate

Not seeing the problem here.
>>
>>2636440
>21st century will be Chinese

Look at him and laugh
>>
>>2639423

>SINGLE HANDILY

Isaac Newton was a diamond dozen in this doggy dog world.
>>
>>2636654
No, they're not, dude.

I've lived in Asia for years. Currently living in Taiwan, I lived in Hong Kong for several years and I've spent significant time traveling through mainland China. I didn't come here to get laid like some dudes, but I've dated Chinese/Taiwanese girls and, of course, befriended plenty of varying ages and backgrounds.

Western history isn't well-known here, in general. Basic western GEOGRAPHY and CURRENT EVENTS aren't that well-known here. Most people know a few highlights, sure. But not much.

I'm not saying there are absolutely no mainland Chinese who are taught about Herbert Hoover in school, like affluent elites who attend very good schools, but you're an idiot if you think they represent the bulk of the country (any country, even the first world ones).

And if you're the dude with the Chinese girlfriend I hope you realize that the Chinese who study in the west are generally not representative of their country. I'm not saying they're not real Chinese but if they made it to the west, they speak passable enough English for you to date them, and have any interest in western history/politics, they're not representative.
>>
>>2637455
>>2636360
As usual the best thought out replies get the least attention.
>>
>>2636459
He was being sarcastic Anon
>>
>>2636650
Why do Aut/his/ts always bring up /pol/? Seems like you're really tsundere for them. If a /his/-tan ever gets created, she (because homosex is bad) should be the tsundere girlfriend of /pol/
>>
>>2637493
>ramanujan
>smarter than Gauss or Von Neumann

tip top kek pajeet
>>
>>2636360
So basically history is Euro-centric because Europeans influenced the entirety of the world after a certain date and history as we know it today (as in the events leading up to the world we now live in) might has well been the story of how Europe got to winning the game of life
>>
>>2642849
>Seems like you're really tsundere for them.
Or, maybe people just genuinely hate them for making consistently shit threads and consistently being low quality posters crossboarding here.
>>
>>2636211
Persiabro here, can confirm this is basically all I do on /his/
>>
>>2642873
Other areas of the world have a history definitely but it's more niche or less well known.
>>
>>2641338
Not sure why you think its funny. The economic projection has been pretty accurate.

China already overtook the US in GDP (PPP) a year or so ago. Its still got ways to go for per capita.

And they're still a developing country. Once their per level of development reaches similar level to the US, their GDP will be double that of US at the very least.
>>
>>2643104
Maybe. The lack of women coupled with their low birth rate is frightening for their long term existence.
>>
File: Filipino Reaction.png (16KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
Filipino Reaction.png
16KB, 429x410px
>>2636705
Nope.

I find the same in many parts of Asia. In the Philippines, freshmen in highschool start with philippine history, then sophomores Asian history, and by junior high school level, world history.

To be fair, it's really basically just super-basic facts and figures (kings & battles n shieeet) but it's damn sight better than what public school did for us as an excuse for a history class (HURDURR STARTS WITH THE PILGRIMS.)
>>
File: 1491770039902.jpg (51KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1491770039902.jpg
51KB, 400x323px
>>2643189
>Filipino schools starts with the genesis of Filipino people
>Heh awesome
>American schools basically do the same thing with pilgrims
>Omg it's shit wtf
Heh this thread was made for you buddy...
>>
>>2643208
Because the American system skips a lot of content ans glosses over many important parts alongside the intro to why the new world was sought after.
>>
>>2642860
He was born in RURAL india and still learned higher maths by himself.

>he made substantial contributions to mathematical analysis, number theory, infinite series, and continued fractions.

Where else have you ever heard about that?

Imagine if he had the proper education. I think he would had been Euler 2.0

>The limitations of his knowledge were as startling as its profundity. Here was a man who could work out modular equations, and theorems of complex multiplication, to orders unheard of, whose mastery of continued fractions was, on the formal side at any rate, beyond that of any mathematician in the world … It was impossible to ask such a man to submit to systematic instruction, to try to learn mathematics from the beginning once more.
>>
>>2636203
Because no one should view the world through ethnocentrism, Europe and her cultural descendants are the only ones with proper institutions that cut out propaganda. Other nations are still in their elect corrupt demagogues phase.
>>
>>2643521
>Europe and her cultural descendants are the only ones with proper institutions that cut out propaganda.

Teehee.
>>
File: le day of retribution face.jpg (163KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
le day of retribution face.jpg
163KB, 600x399px
>>2643208
Perhaps I wasn't clear.

My pos public school just taught American history starting from the pilgrims and ending with the cold war, with an inordinate week dedicated to "black america." That was it for us. Much of history I learned from a college elective.

I taught English in a private school in the Philippines and Peenoise high school history curricula go beyond just their own country.
>>
>>2643578
Other nations used to have institutions but colonialism destroyed them leaving demagogues and warlords to ruin the nation. Also the freed nations were far too weak to stand on their own so it was pretty easy for america and the soviets to prop up dictators.

Ever noticed countries that avoided colonialism like japan don't have these problems?
>>
>>2643615
Japan totally makes pretend war crimes didn't happen and says world war ii was started by polishing commandos capturing a radio tower.
>>
>>2643654
Polish commandos*
>>
>>2643654
yes but relatively speaking they don't make more false claims then america which still has an active population denying the horrors of slavery.

Japan on the other hand doesn't have leaders spewing bullshit that they created all human civilization.

I'm not saying japan and the west are perfect, only better because of historical reasons.
>>
File: kc05WNj.png (66KB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
kc05WNj.png
66KB, 659x609px
>>2636360
GG NO RE SAVAGES
>>
>>2643680
Slavery unit almost dominates a year of the high-school curriculum in Amerikkka if anything they never shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>2643654
>Japan totally makes pretend war crimes
Nope.jpg. Perhaps 30 or 40 years ago but they matured by now.

Most of the DID NOT HAPPEN crowd are older Japanese. In addition a single whiff of denial tends to trigger other Asians hard that they think the denialfaggotry is still ongoing.
>>
>>2643521
>Because no one should view the world through ethnocentrism
Why not?
>>
>>2643721
Because you are looking at the world through a bias instead of logic.

I'm not saying you can't point out strong and weak points of a civilization, I'm only saying you can't come to that conclusion before observation, hypothesis and debate.
>>
>>2643732
I can see how that would be useful for an anthropologist or something, but why would that matter for normal people?
>>
>>2643783
Because every statement you make has an effect.

Just for an example: Say you claim that Europeans are exceptional at technology and in this example there are proven studies that say the opposite but you either haven't heard of them or ignored them. Say you pass that onto your friends and they pass it on, until much of your circle agrees with the statement. Now what if one person in your circle decides to only employ europeans for his website design company because he believes they are exceptional from your statementand would do better at the job. Now say there was an asian applicant who got rejected when he would have done the job better. for this the company was selling a lesser product than possible. Even by the tinest margin, the economy was negatively impacted and by a larger margin individuals(employer and rejected applicant) were also negatively affected.

What do you think would happened if instead of one of these incidents millions of these incidents occurred because people kept making arguments through faulty methodology?
>>
>>2643828
You can easily invert that argument. We could easily say that people shouldn't spread the idea that blacks have the same IQ and penchant for violence as other races until it's proven, because that will cause people to wrongly treat blacks equally to others.
>>
>>2636360
How does that explain why OP shouldn't be Eurocentric in his views as a European?

Does it all just boil down to everybody being buttmad about getting their shit kicked in? Guess that would make sense to me, but that isn't justice for anything.
>>
>why should i broaden my perspective and aquire more knowledge

you are not european
this question was never valid for them (us), since they kept learning and learning and exploring and experimenting not just sit on the throne of "i know everything now"

knowing more than others is the essensce of being european
>>
>>2643181
Overstated issue. Population will fix with the middle class Chinese coming to overseas to marry foreigners, or they'll bring in foreign brides to fill the gap.

China's growing middle class will be a huge powerhouse that's growing right now. With the rise of middle class, more liberal policies will be slowly implemented and restrictions will be had on the arts/culture/media.

All of these will drive their cultural power in the regions.
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.