[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it much easier or harder to get a gf during the middle ages?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1470427512581.png (169KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1470427512581.png
169KB, 657x527px
Was it much easier or harder to get a gf during the middle ages? Specifically during the time of the crusades.
>>
define gf, just rape and pillage and when you get home from the holy mission girls will be over the dick.

anon if you have time machine please share.
>>
>>2635358
I meant finding a strong independent and loyal wife who'd patiently await for 5 - 10 years for your arrival from the holy land, while simultaneously denying any sexual advances from other men during that time.
>>
>>2635337
Enormously harder. Maternal mortality ensured that the population of adult women was far less than the population of adult men, and of course, they'd be serially married to the wealthiest or most successful. Unless you're at that top, you're in trouble. I mean, some men obviously did reproduce, since we have people who aren't descended from nobility, but you're looking at a world in which roughly half of the adult male population will never have a permanent partner.

>>2635369
Ahahahahahahahahahaha no.
>>
>>2635337
There was no such as gf back then, you married what your father tell you to marry and it was all

As for the crusades, there were slaves and countless muslim women converting to Christianity, thus, wetting your dick wasn't a issue
>>
>>2635470
>countles muslim women to wet your dick

This is heresy
>>
>>2635369
You're gonna need something more than a timemachine to find something like that.
>>
>>2635398
>Maternal mortality ensured that the population of adult women was far less than the population of adult men

Women dying in childbirth would in most cases be already married (or prostitutes), so not really 'gf' material anyway.

>they'd be serially married to the wealthiest or most successful. Unless you're at that top, you're in trouble

What do you mean 'at the top'? More like 'upper 7-80%'.

>a world in which roughly half of the adult male population will never have a permanent partner.

[citation needed]. Roughly half is an absurd statistic.
>>
>>2635369
>strong womin
>loyal
Pick one.
>>
>>2635369
If you were a commoner you would be limited to common women, who are going to be pretty practical with their choices in marriage and a crusader isn't going to be around.

Just get close to a guy who has teenage daughters and pay a good dowry. Treat her good and hope for the best.

Good luck in the past time traveller.
>>
>>2635750
>Women dying in childbirth would in most cases be already married (or prostitutes), so not really 'gf' material anyway.
You're missing the point. The wealthiest/most desireable will want to re-marry, and you're competing against all of them as well as your peers for a pool of women that's comparatively tiny. All those teenagers that are 'gf' material are going to be wooed by EVERYONE.

And if you want more detailed information, I'd recommend this. https://www.amazon.com/Growing-Medieval-London-Experience-Childhood/dp/0195093844/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491752915&sr=8-1&keywords=growing+up+in+medieval+london
>>
>>2635369
Only 40% of men passed on their genes lad

70% of women did

And in the Middle Ages where she's surrounded by men so alpha even the BETAS would make modern alphas seem beta, it would be hypergamus heaven
>>
>>2635748
Underrated
>>
>>2635369

That's why marrying, while in the military, is such a terrible idea; even up to today.

There are so many military men getting cucked because they don't understand the basics of what women do behind their backs.

Marrying, while in the military, is profoundly stupid and can only come about if you view women as innately virtuous.
>>
>>2636214

>"Bullshit, I was in the military and my wi-"

She's fucking someone more interesting than you, behind your back, and can be secure with knowing that a divorce will take half your check and half your savings and half your pension check. FOR LIFE.

As I said, marrying in the military is a far worse idea than marrying in the civilian world.
>>
Everyone in general had much more limited options but the idea of relationships were down to necessity rather than anything as frivilous as love.

Not to say people didnt enjoy their partners, but things were more practical. Marriage for example rarely would ever happen for the peasant class.

That said, you would be expected to work and provide like a man. No one would give their daughter to a bum and lifeless slob.
>>
>>2635369
>strong
>independent
>loyal
>middle ages
>on duty half the known world away
Just lock her up.
>>
>>2636227
I married a friend solely for the extra money they give me, and on top of that she got free health care. We "broke up" and divorced the day after I got out and I lost nothing. I averaged an extra 1.5k a month while married to her.

I regret nothing.
>>
>>2635337
>Was it much easier or harder to get a gf during the middle ages? Specifically during the time of the crusades.

Judging by your question, your fellow crusaders would make a gf out of you.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.