[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What widely believed historical events are actually fake or happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

What widely believed historical events are actually fake or happened way differently than most people think?

inb4 holocaust.

also pic not related, it's just a historical event.
>>
File: Captured Germans.jpg (247KB, 1200x811px) Image search: [Google]
Captured Germans.jpg
247KB, 1200x811px
>>2625837
I get rustled when people believe in King Arthur or say
>History is written by the victors.
There are phenomenal misapprehensions about WW2 though, that's not a fair place to start. Too many people think all Germans were Nazis and all Nazis were those grotesque duplicitous monsters in Spielberg's saving private Ryan.
Pic related, first time I was forced to reconsider the narrative.

The politicized moments of history have the most momentum and are thus the easiest to change. I think as a rule, people think slavery in the USA was much worse than it really was. I've told several incredulous adults, including a history lecturer that roots is a work of fiction - it's all pretty embarrassing, shows how emotion driven history has become.

People also think the USA was some massive underdog during the revolution which I can't say I understand, especially after the euro support they courted.
>>
>>2626512
get teh fuck off my internet you piece of shit
>>
>>2625837
Witch burning during the early and high Middle Ages was almost nonexistent, yet the way the media describe the period one would think they were a daily occurrence.
>>
>>2625837

The popular image of WW1 trench warfare is people slowly walking forward over the mud to be mown down by machine guns.

In real life, most trench assaults actually succeeded in capturing sections of trench, and the biggest problem was holding the place you just took against the inevitable counterattack. Trench warfare was very active on the tactical scale; it just tended to even out.
>>
>>2627365
Yeah, trenches were like ogres: they had lots of layers.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.