[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he ACTUALLY do wrong? I can't really think of anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: erwsgtsfdg.jpg (9KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
erwsgtsfdg.jpg
9KB, 191x264px
What did he ACTUALLY do wrong? I can't really think of anything negative about his rule in Italy.

badabingbadaboom
(you'll know if that part is intended for you or not)
>>
>>2624886
He killed a few Jews to impress Hitler
>>
>>2624888
>negative
>>
>>2624897
The Jews did nothing wrong. You cannot refute this. They literally dindu nuffin.
>>
He should have pushed for Hitler to stop invading further east after taking Czechoslovakia.
>>
>>2624903
i was kidding
>>
>>2624911
im saying what did HE do wrong, not hitler
>>
>>2624886
He made the mistake of honesty as to being a dictator
>>
File: mussolini stroking out.gif (2MB, 311x239px) Image search: [Google]
mussolini stroking out.gif
2MB, 311x239px
>>2624916
Well I mean it's kind of tied to his rule eventually collapsing.

>>2624919
This too, he gave no fucks.
While I'm generally against fascist policies (state control over society), I do think he had good intentions for Italy and he did drive the mob out of there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTXhez2mNmM
>>
>>2624886
He didn't help Fascist Austria from Germany
>>
>>2624935
This
>>
File: 1487548719406.png (257KB, 460x684px) Image search: [Google]
1487548719406.png
257KB, 460x684px
>>2624886
Allied with (((Hitler)))

That's literally it
>>
>>2624942
yeah, the real problem was (((Hitler)))
>ashkeNAZIS
>>
>>2624886
Honestly I don't see much of a practical difference between Fascism and Liberal Democracy, except Fascism is more honest in it's intentions.
>>
>>2624960
>fascism=liberal democracy

o
>>
>>2624960
here's your (you)
>>
Had absolutely shit economic policies, like making the currency artificially strong to boast the Italian ego, but this made exports weaken and damaged Italian industry. He also promoted growing wheat instead of rice in south Italy even though wheat doesn't grow well in Italy.
>>
>>2625002
well thats just, like, your opinion man
>>
>>2624935
fascist Austria never stood a chance in the first place, better to join Germany than to collapse into anarchy
>>
>>2624934
that gif needs to loop the stroke
>>
>>2624886
-Despite making headways with dealing with the Mafia problem recalled the iron prefect after it became clear that the corruption would implicate his backers

-His awful battle for grain program which in his push for autarky (a terrible idea itself) lead to the destruction of proifitable olive vines and crops with low yeild wheat farms that made less money and didnt dent Italy's dependancy on forerign goods - ie a loose loose situation

Got into a fruitless war with Ethopia that only succeeding wasting a bunch of lives and money

Didnt reform the officer corps leading to a lot of the memey military outcomes

Gave up on opposing german expansionism and supporting Austria as a buffer after settling the tyrol matter. Also ending the period where he was able to play the Allies of Against the Germans for his benefit

Betrayed the corpratist ideals of the state being neutral and effectivly betrayed and purged his original supporters

In continuing his military blindness wasted lives and money on fruitless expansion in the balkans.

Failed at organising the fascist international

Failed to uplift the South

Let the airforce go into decline

and of course got Italy into a war it was simply not preapred to fight - which he knew at the time-
>>
>>2624919
>as to being a dictator

Its myth he talked big but didnt have all that much control of the country - he wasnt even the most popular or powerful figure - that was the King
>>
>>2624886
>got his country into an alliance with a literal retard instead of remaining neutral
>got hundreds of thousands of his countrymen killed pointlessly
>completely botched invasions of Greece and Egypt by forcing them to proceed before they were ready

He was incompetent. If you're talking about morality, his troops got up to some nasty shit in Libya, Ethiopia, and Yugoslavia.
>>
>>2624886
He forgot that Italy was shit at fighting, so he fucked things up a bit and let Hitler become the top fascist.
>>
>>2624942
I see a trend if trying to salvage Mussolini by disassociating him from Hitler lately. Really making me think.
>>
>>2624934
Mussolini
>Make america GREAT

Trump
>Make America Great Again

what did he mean by ths?
>>
there are 13 posters in this thread,
and I really would like to know,
do you gather everyday to circlejerk

--about benito?
>>
>>2625002
>wanting to grow rice so dumb wops can die of malaria
>>
>>2625691
Its not really a circlejerk more so than a repetetion of one anon saying Mussolini did nuffin wrong and flustering the same bunch of anons.

Just like the Romanov and Rhodesia threads
>>
>>2624886
he didn't do anything wrong prior to becoming Hitlers bitch, ok maybe the ethiopian spectacle was kind off bad
>>
>>2624886
>What did he ACTUALLY do wrong?
He lost the war

it's literally the only thing wrong he did, and funnily enough the only argument against him and his ideology
>>
>>2625879
>ok maybe the ethiopian spectacle was kind off bad
ethiopia was a success
>>
>>2624886
He chose wrong allies and went to war when his country wasn't ready because he thoughtold mistakenly that it was already over. His miscalculation cost his country thousands of lives and billions of dollars in damages and years of invasions by the allies and occupation by the Germans.
>>
>>2624935
>>2625060
why would he want to prevent germans uniting in a single country? it would be hypocrisy
>>
Didn't he also entrench anti-Sicilian and anti-Neapolitan racism?
>>
>>2625763, charming.
>>
The biggest fuckup was that he wanted all of Ethiopia instead of settling for the hoare-laval solution for abyssinia and thereby alienating both France and Britain which meant Italy stood alone and HAD to buddy up with Germany- completely foregoing his immediate geopolitical goals in Austria in order to please Hitler.

Had he done different we'd had a Britain with a very good opinion of Italy...
>>
>>2625987
but the Solomon dynasty was pretty cool
>>
>>2626028
I don't think that Ethiopia made Italian and British relationships entirely irreparable.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.