[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a basic laymens understanding of the Book of Genesis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

So I have a basic laymens understanding of the Book of Genesis and biblical history and theology, and was thinking today a bit about the story of Cain and Abel. Cain is of course a farmer who grows grain to feed all of the children of Adam and Eve, and Abel is a shepherd who raises sheep for the same reason. One thing that doesn't make sense to me is why Yahweh refuses Cain's sacrifice of grain that he had farmed, but loves Abel's sacrifice of a sheep that he had raised and killed? And then later curses Cain for shedding blood? Isn't the act of sacrifice shedding blood, Abel sacrificing the sheep to please Yahweh and Cain sacrificing his brother to please Yahweh? I suppose I need a whole explanation of why god cursed Cain for being a peaceful farmer and loved Abel for raising animals specifically to kill and eat them.

Am I asking a stupid question?
>>
yea dude. sacrificing animals is not the same as murdering your brother.
>>
>>2620584
Able did literally everything wrong.
>ignored God's requirements for sacrifice and finds his own version understandably ignored in turn
>murders his brother in a fit of autistic rage
>gets life sentence instead of death penalty
>he and his descendents ruin the planet so hard God prepares the aquatic reset option

Farming is noble and all but Cain had issues.
>>
>>2620648
Shit I meant Cain did everything wrong, fuck me.
>>
>>2620649
Doesn't matter since it didn't happen.
>>
>>2620655
That's nice sweetie. Your comment is of less worth still, so probably your greatest accomplishment to date.
>>
>>2620675
Roasted.
>>
>>2620675
Do you have a single piece of evidence for it?
(except the bible ofc since it can be used as evidence as harry potter books can be used to prove wizards exist)

Nice to see you going for ad hom in an instant, I guess your position is really really weak and has no grounding in reality.
>>
>>2620584
The ancient ayyylmaos were practicing paleo at the time
>>
>>2620584
Farmers vs pastoralists is kind of a theme throughout Genesis
>>
>>2620599
This, also the sacrifices are because Yahweh requires blood sacrifice (until Christ)
>>
>>2620711
We're talking about a story and you peacocked your autism right out of the gate. Try being less of a retard next time and maybe you'll get a little respect sent your way.
>>
>>2620584

>"Cain is of course a farmer who grows grain to feed all of the children of Adam and Eve"

but Abel and Cain was the only children of adam and eve, they only multiplied when Cain who is the first murderer killed his own brother Abel, and thus is he cursed.. and his lineage also
>>
>>2620655

atheist are not welcomed here,go and find the other retards like you,
>>
>>2620655
Newfags will respond to this with serious answers
>>
>>2620789
Who was Cain's wife? Why did Cain worry that anyone who met him would kill him?
>>
>>2620584
Cain killed Able because he was angry, not because he thought it would please God.
>>
maybe i should give up eating vegetables so i can kill fewer animals
>>
File: Cab_Driver.png (85KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Cab_Driver.png
85KB, 250x250px
>>2620917

Well I can understand that, it just bothers me that Yahweh considers Cain's sacrifices inferior in the first place, when he arguably worked harder and more peacefully to provide them.

I suppose it is like >>2620776 says, and Yahweh is just a bloodthirsty sadistic demiurge motherfucking mountain god.

Cain did nothing wrong, he brought us everything we hold dear today.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.