[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've heard it said several times that Japan's quick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

I've heard it said several times that Japan's quick defeat of the British and Dutch forces in Southeast Asia had major social effects on the colonized population: while the Japanese were as alien and brutal as the British/Dutch, it was still an example of a "Mongoloid" race crushing a "Germanic" race is modern war, thus challenging the notions of racial superiority that were used to keep the colonized down. But I've never heard it elaborated upon; most academic sources don't note it except maybe offhand. How true was this? Any sources? Is this why wars of independence erupted in Southeast Asia soon after WW2 was over?
>>
File: sn.png (427KB, 646x1096px) Image search: [Google]
sn.png
427KB, 646x1096px
>the city of Europe
>>
>>2619547
I'm pretty sure the notion that Asians are poor fighters due to genetics was dashed during the Russo-Japanese War of 1904-1905.
>>
>>2619547
>Is this why wars of independence erupted in Southeast Asia soon after WW2 was over?
With the colonizers and the Japanese gone, there's a power vacuum. The people also realize their colonizers aren't invincible. There was also a general trend of decolonization post WW-II.
It's a miracle the Dutch were actually able to rule over such a large population.
>>
>>2619547
The surrender of Singapore was probably the single greatest blow to the British Empire's international reputation.
A consequence was the erosion of perceived racial dominance, Japs loved humiliating their Germanic POW's - not necessarily so much to demean the whites but to further legitimize the supremacy of the Japs.

This wasn't the first time those notions had been challenged though, the British didn't boast an unbeaten record in Asia before that, Tipu, Sultan of Mysore mutilated the penises of the English boys he had captured (drummers and cabin boys mainly) and turned them "nautch" girls or dancing girls, forcing them to entertain his court. This captivity lasted 10 years and some of them forgot how to speak English, use utensils, and even sit on a chair.

During the Mutiny in 1857, English men were ritualistically slaughtered, their women were raped, some accounts claiming one noble was boiled alive in butter.

Indians aren't dumb, they always knew the British held a fragile dominance, they were just also acutely aware of the inevitable reprisals that challenging that dominance would bring.

Niall Ferguson in Empire, wrote something about whites being relocated to Korea for propaganda, the sentiment being that resistance to the Japan is futile if they can reduce even the Brit's and the Dutch to ignominious servitude - can't find a source on this though.

One of the chief reasons that the Brits were apprehensive to engage was the reputation the Japs had after Nanking. I suspect no one seriously believed that the white man had been usurped, ultimately the rice monkeys did get thoroughly microwaved into unconditional surrender.

If you're interested you should read up on Weary Dunlop, being a large White man, he was made to stoop as to not offend his Jap captors.
>>
File: zeejood.gif (12KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
zeejood.gif
12KB, 501x585px
>>2621674
>It's a miracle the Dutch were actually able to rule over such a large population.
Dutch are the Jews of the Germanics
>>
>>2622655
Ashkenazi Jews are the Jews of the Germanics.
They're also the Jews of the Jews.
>>
File: 1472567503623.jpg (41KB, 378x548px) Image search: [Google]
1472567503623.jpg
41KB, 378x548px
>>2622609
>Tipu, Sultan of Mysore mutilated the penises of the English boys he had captured (drummers and cabin boys mainly) and turned them "nautch" girls or dancing girls, forcing them to entertain his court. This captivity lasted 10 years and some of them forgot how to speak English, use utensils, and even sit on a chair.

Hot.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.