[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are some good non Jewish female philosophers or historians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (56KB, 298x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 298x320px
Who are some good non Jewish female philosophers or historians (if there are any)?
>>
Ayn Rand
>>
>>2619206
Don't know if serious or just a big meme
>>
Simone de Beauvoir?
>>
Kathleen Hughes was pretty much the foremost historian on Irish and early English church history until pretty recently. People in the field treat her work like Gospel. Some of the stuff she wrote is a little outdated now but she was a great historian and her work still largely holds up.

Sinead O'Sullivan is a great historian who focuses on Carolingian history, in particular she's done a lot of great work dispelling old 19th century myths about the early middle ages that a lot of people still cling on to.

Elizabeth Packenham was a brilliant writer who mostly focused on historical biographies. She wrote beautifully and I think her biography of the Duke of Wellington has yet to be rivalled but she reminds me a bit of Dan Carlin in that she had no formal historiographical training and she can sometimes let a compelling story get in the way of the facts.

Karen Dixon is one of the greatest scholars of Late Roman military history around and her collaborative efforts with Pat Southern are fantastic.

I find history to be one of the most gender egalitarian fields there is. Look up any respectable biography and probably a third of the names will be female.
>>
>>2619259
Thank you, anon
>>
>>2619200
Averil Cameron (Late antiquity and Eastern Roman Empire)
Patricia Ebrey (Song China)
Valerie Hansen (China and the Silk Road)
Judith Lieu (Early Christianity)
Rosamond McKitterick (Carolingians, early Middle Ages)
Almost named Lisa Jardine but she was brought up in a secular Jewish family.
>>
That chick Heidegger was dating
>>
Anna Komnene: Byzantine Princess of the 11th Century. Wrote a history of her father, Alexus Komnene ("The Alexiad"), and is famous for her description of the meeting with the Crusader Franks.
>>
>>2619435
Sounds pretty interesting. Thanks so much!
>>
>>2619409
Thanks!
>>
>>2619415
She was a Jew, you dip.
>>
Elizabeth Anscombe is pretty good, also Phillipa Foot.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.