[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "perfidious" just a meme? Reading British history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

Is "perfidious" just a meme?

Reading British history books, and just looking at their art in general, gives the impression of their upmost gallantry while everyone else around them seems to be always at fault.
>>
Britain and France were the only 'good guys' in ww2, that's for sure.
>>
>>2615844
>Britain begins hostilities via blockades, depth charges, mines and economic warfare against Germany
>good guys

lel the blitz didn't go far enough
>>
>>2615849
>Germany literally declares total war and begins bombing cities first
>waaaaaaaaah not fair when you do it to us
>>
>>2615852
>Britcucks literally push Poland to war with Germany by allying with them
>literally betray Czechoslovakia a year before that, giving all the industrial regions to Hitler
>waaaaaaaaaah it was all germany, nasty adolf
>>
>>2615852
Britain started the whole damn thing desu

The American journalist William L. Shirer, who had lived in Berlin since 1934 and who made regular radio broadcasts to the US for CBS, noted that there were all kinds of shortages even before the war began. In contrast to Britain, where rationing came much later and was never as severe, such was the need for metal that park railings were already being taken away to be melted down for scrap, and Shirer found that there were no oranges in his hotel restaurant. On 10 August 1939 Nazi officials privately admitted to Shirer that, after the conquest of Poland, the other eastern Balkan states of Hungary, Romania and Yugoslavia also had to be occupied, after which Germany would be self-sufficient and no longer need fear the Allied blockade.

On 24 August 1939, a week before the invasion of Poland which started the war, Germany announced rationing of food, coal, textiles and soap, and Shirer noted that it was this action above all which made the German people wake up to the reality that war was imminent.
>>
>>2615835
>Is "perfidious" just a meme?
no
>>
>>2615855
>Britcucks literally push Poland to war with Germany by allying with them
Germany declared war on Poland, nigger

>Giving up Czechoslovakia and betraying their ally
Because Britain and France would rather avoid a war over some of czechoslovakia, as opposed to allowing Germany to annex half of Poland, what a shock!
>>
>>2615835
It's not a meme, they always have been treacherous and perfidious while France is an example of an honourable country.
>>
>>2615865
And Britain kept Ireland and the Falklands conquered and subdued after WWII.

No different than conquering Poland.

Oh.... what? It's OK for Britian but EVIL for Germany lol.

What an anglo
>>
>>2615868
>Ireland
The 6 counties voted to remain a part of the UK
>Falklands
Also voted 2 years ago with a 99.8% yes vote to the uk.
>>
>>2615867
France literally invaded its ally in 1808 because it didn't fit Napoleon's plans for Europe

Also
>Assigning traits and characteristics to countries
>>
>>2615871
Guess what, austria also voted in favor of the anschluss.
>>
>>2615871
Crimea voted 99% on joining Russia as well
>>
>>2615871
Yes it's been 8 centuries of subjugation and population replacement in Ireland, troops still invaded.

And you don't even know what the Falklands war was. Re-conquering with heavy military invasion.

So don't pretend Poland was beyond the pale.

Germany expanded because of the blockades. They had to.
>>
>>2615875
>>2615877
I never condemned either

>>2615881
>Reconquering the Falklands
They were invaded you nigger, the people living there wanted to be a part of the UK
>Ireland
Whilst I won't act as if what happened in Ireland was pretty, its no reason why we should ignore the six counties right to self determination
>We had to invade poland because of blockades!
Really? Did you also have to genocide the slavs in the region and begin plans to repopulate the area with Germans?
>>
Fun fact: palestinian-israel conflict is solely a result of brits' perfidiousness
>>
>>2615894
The Brits declared War the moment they began the blockade.

Poland was just an excuse and a weak attempt at justification.

Daily reminder that if Britain had not blockaded Germany there would have been adequate medicine and food for the camps.

The camp prisoners died of preventable disease and starvation.
>>
>>2615908
>Literal Holocaust denier

Holy shit man, the pure autism in this post

Are you gonna tell me to watch the Greatest Story Never Told?
>>
>>2615914
They were allowed one bar of soap per month, and men had to make one tube of shaving foam last five months. Housewives soon spent hours standing in line for supplies; shopkeepers sometimes opened otherwise non-perishable goods such as tinned sardines in front of customers when they were bought to prevent hoarding. The clothing allowance was so meagre that for all practical purposes people had to make do with whatever clothing they already possessed until the war was over. Men were allowed one overcoat and two suits, four shirts and six pairs of socks, and had to prove that the old ones were worn out to get new. Some items shown on the coupons, such as bed sheets, blankets and table linen could in reality only be obtained on production of a special licence.

Although the Nazi leadership maintained that the Allied strategy of blockade was illegal, they nevertheless prepared to counter it by all means necessary.

This was all PRE-war btw

Who invented concentration camps? The British did in the Boer Wars.
>>
>>2615914
>denying the camp supply side of the issue

top kek, it has been historically established and is not really questioned in holocaust scholarship
>>
>while everyone else around them seems to be always at fault.

if we were talking about a person, youd know its a sociopath who never does wrong
britain as an entity is no better, which probably appeals to teenagers but its not something to be proud of
>>
>>2615921
>Although the Nazi leadership maintained that the Allied strategy of blockade was illegal, they nevertheless prepared to counter it by all means necessary.

So? Germany broke laws in ww2.
>Invading Poland before actually declaring war
>Gassing children in camps
>Giving troops condoms to rape civilians with
>Bombing London

Talk shit get hit.
>>
Analytic philosophy ruined the west
>>
>>2615931
>completely ignoring Munich agreement
>still trying to argue that Britain wasn't perfidious
>>
>>2615852
literally why should Britain join a neutral war? they are bloodthirsty war crimminals
>>
>>2615939
How exactly did Britain break it?

Germany broke it themselves by invading later anyway amd establishing a puppet state.
>>
>>2615908
Wait, is this proof Britain is the cause of the Holocaust
>>
Germany didn't break any rules by invading (((Poland))) since they owned those lands before the extremely unfair armistice agreement in WW1
>>
>>2615860
How does the fact that the Germans mobilized a larger portion of their resources for the war mean that they aren't responsible for the war?
>>
>>2615931
>invading poland before declaring war
True
>gassing children in camps
Muh children argument. Why should children have more worth than adults? Just say "they gassed civilians" instead of pleading to emotion.
>giving troops condoms to rape with
Am I to understand that you're so delusional to think wars dont normally involve rape? If anything, the germans were sensible in giving around condoms to prevent a rapebaby offspring.
>bombing london
Bombing dresden? What's your point? You cant claim moral high ground if you apply eye-for-eye tactics.
>>
>>2615873
Spain was planning to betray France anyway, such as during the Fourth Coalition until France smashed Prussia
>>
>Lady Campbell plainly states that it was Queen Mary who most strongly persuaded her husband, King George V, not to give asylum to the Romanovs, despite his fondness for his virtual lookalike first cousin, Nicholas ll. While arguing to her husband’s face that their presence would undoubtedly foster revolutionary fervor in Britain, Campbell writes that for years to come her family was convinced that her sole reason for denying the Russian Imperial Family sanctuary was simply to exact revenge on Empress Alexandra for having slighted her for all those years.

>your lookalike cousin writes a gut-wrenching letter asking for asylum
>says he and his family will be murdered by crazy commies
>you refuse because your wife didn't like your cousin's wife
>your cousin's entire family is murdered and his daughters' corpses raped for hours
>you are somehow not perfidious

This episode of history alone speaks volumes about British perfidiousness
>>
>>2615953
>Muh children argument. Why should children have more worth than adults? Just say "they gassed civilians" instead of pleading to emotion.
Germ*ns really are autistic. Are you actually questioning why it's worse to kill children (who are always innocent in war) as opposed to adults?

>Am I to understand that you're so delusional to think wars dont normally involve rape? If anything, the germans were sensible in giving around condoms to prevent a rapebaby offspring

It's the point they're legitimizing the rapes, autist

>muh dresden
London was bombed first. Eye for an eye.
>>
>>2615976
>are you actually questioning why it's worse to kill children?
You write and sound like a liberal leftie. Of course i question it. A life is a life, wheter it belongs to a 10 y/o or a 80 y/o, or are you saying a life starts off with more value and progressly loses it with age? I suppose you also support euthanasy?
>they legitimize rapes
Yes, because so does every other country in any war ever. Show me any case in "muh progressist america" or "muh morally superior uk" of a soldier being tried for rapes during wartime. ONE case. Since there are none, that means these countries also indirectly legitimize war rapes. In this situation, the germans actually opted for the most SENSIBLE choice, that is providing condoms to the soldiers.
>london was bombed first, eye for an eye
Not only you are an autistic out-of-touch with reality leftie, you're also 14. Reads like a fucking toddler "whaa he punched me so i cut an arm and a leg off him in retaliation so now we're even and I'm justified because he did it first"
If you knew anything about war law, you'd knew retaliations are allowed in a proportionate measure. What was done to dresden is a war crime in itself.
Dear god the mental gymnastic you spastic annglos are capable off to incriminate your enemies for something while arguing for your innocence when you do the same thing never cease to amaze me.
>>
>>2615835
>Reading British history books, and just looking at their art in general, gives the impression of their upmost gallantry while everyone else around them seems to be always at fault
>Reading British history books

The first chapter in English history begins with murdering the Romano-British aristocracy, in the shadow of Stonehenge, under the pretense of unarmed, peaceful negotiation, after they had already demanded more than their agreed upon share of land and wealth, in exchange for helping the Romano-British, against Caledonian raiders.

I wonder what Roman plebeians were told about Carthage? Whatever it was, they probably ate it up, too.
>>
>>2615835
>Is "perfidious" just a meme?
I didn't pay much attention to it but once I began reading more into my country's modern history which also involved Britain I realised that it was true
>>
>>2615894
>its no reason why we should ignore the six counties right to self determination

The 6 counties are a manufactured entity, the sole purpose of which was to create and maintain an artificial pro-UK majority.
>>
>>2615944
>establishing a puppet state.

Kek.... As opposed to all those democratically controlled and totally legitimate "governments" of the empire?
>>
>>2616033
>You write and sound like a liberal leftie. Of course i question it. A life is a life, wheter it belongs to a 10 y/o or a 80 y/o, or are you saying a life starts off with more value and progressly loses it with age?

Yes. What do you think is more valuable? A 90 year old man who may die any day now or an 8 year old with a huge amount of life and experience ahead? this isn't even a question.

>Yes, because so does every other country in any war ever. Show me any case in "muh progressist america" or "muh morally superior uk" of a soldier being tried for rapes during wartime. ONE case. Since there are none, that means these countries also indirectly legitimize war rapes.
Bureaucratic inefficiency =/= Essentially encouraging troops to rape

>Not only you are an autistic out-of-touch with reality leftie, you're also 14. Reads like a fucking toddler "whaa he punched me so i cut an arm and a leg off him in retaliation so now we're even and I'm justified because he did it first"
If you knew anything about war law, you'd knew retaliations are allowed in a proportionate measure. What was done to dresden is a war crime in itself.

Hahaha, no. 50,000 were killed in the blitz. 25,000 died in Dresden. You're lucky we didn't hit back harder.
>>
>>2616208
it's clear i'm arguing with someone so out of touch with reality he should be locked in a mental asylum, have fun circlejerking about the greatness of your country down at >>>reddit/r/uk
>>
File: hitlerbritagent6x6.jpg (30KB, 300x469px) Image search: [Google]
hitlerbritagent6x6.jpg
30KB, 300x469px
Friendly reminder that anglo perfidy knows no bounds.
>>
>>2615835
It seems like you just like pulling 'facts' from your ass.
>>
anyone that claims britain is at fault for the war is trolling, or lying, or has deluded themselves.

there is no justifiable reason to invade the nations around you, it was never going to end with anything but war, only a fool thinks there was recourse to invade the lands of others, and impugn their rights as free nations.
>>
>>2616229
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>2615835
T. Ben smith in Boston
>>2615844
Bengal famine m8
>>
>>2616721

a minor consequence of war

you could tack that up to the bosch as well
>>
>>2616033
>Show me any case in "muh progressist america" or "muh morally superior uk" of a soldier being tried for rapes during wartime. ONE case

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmudiyah_rape_and_killings
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.