[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be possible for a state to have a military-like structure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Would it be possible for a state to have a military-like structure that ecompasses all of its society?
What's the closest state in modern history to that?
>>
Switzerland does it in a pretty comfy way.

Every adult male has to maintain a rifle and I believe they also have mandatory conscription.

We are all if us cursed, for not being born Swiss.
>>
I hope not. Having experienced military structure, having it applied to all of society sounds terrible. Hurry up and wait etc.
>>
File: 1480995975422.png (120KB, 800x4688px) Image search: [Google]
1480995975422.png
120KB, 800x4688px
>>2611398
No. Sparta and Prussia were run by warrior elites that survived off peasant labor.
The closest you can get to that is a hunter gatherer society where all fit men serves as "warriors" because there's no distinction between being a warrior and belonging to the tribe.

>What's the closest state in modern history to that?
Paraguay.
>>
>>2611398
As a veteran I can tell you that the way society and the military are run are identical.
>>
North Korea.
>>
>>2611425
The difference being that you don't have to run laps laps if you don't fall in line.
>>
>>2611437
New conscript detected. If you spent any real time there and went up the ranks a bit to see the internal workings you would know how right he is.
>>
>>2611530
The top of dictatorial structures is hate and the less they control your lives the better.
>>
>>2611405
>all of its society

>50%
>>
>>2611425

LOL. Maybe your society.
>>
>>2611411
>Prussia were run by warrior elites that survived off peasant labor.
Bait?

Junkers are not warriors just rich officers
>>
>>2611398
Yes, it was called fascism.
>>
>>2611398
A purely military structure sounds like communism desu.
>>
>>2611398
Switzerland from WW2 to end of cold war, Israel, North Korea.
>>
>>2612005
Israel has the worlds second lowest power distance (acceptance of authority) rating. Not very militaristic.
http://www.clearlycultural.com/geert-hofstede-cultural-dimensions/power-distance-index/
>>
File: make_Italy_great_again_duce.jpg (75KB, 373x500px) Image search: [Google]
make_Italy_great_again_duce.jpg
75KB, 373x500px
>>2611398
Literally the goal of fascism
>>
>>2612059
Doesn't change the fact that military service is compulsory for both sexes, a large part of populations has served and many politicians come from the armed forces cadre.
I suppose having 100 mio Arabs that want to kill you as neighbors does have certain effects on your society.
>>
>>2612116
That's true. But other cultural factors make the general effect on society different than what is usually meant by the word ''militarism'', in terms of discipline, individualism etc.
>>
>>2611398
>Would it be possible for a state to have a military-like structure that ecompasses all of its society?

yes

>What's the closest state in modern history to that?

3rd Reich
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichsarbeitsdienst
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.