[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't ancient texts ever mention sunburn? They lived

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170403_134904.jpg (26KB, 326x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170403_134904.jpg
26KB, 326x360px
Why don't ancient texts ever mention sunburn? They lived in the hottest and sunniest places there were, after all.
>>
>>2609176
Because they didn't bitch about physical discomfort back then unlike today where every hang nail is a federal case.
>>
Light skinned people weren't literate in ancient times.
>>
>>2609176
Because people who work or stay outside all year long never get sunburn in the region of the earth they're native to.
It's called evolution.
>>
>>2609176
Only american and australian Germanic people get sunburnt?

Germanic people evolved to live in colder cloudy regions, not sunshine california.
>>
File: 1446258560467.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1446258560467.gif
3MB, 400x225px
Why don't texts ever mention cleaning off the little dried pieces of poo that get caught on the hairs in your buttcrack?
People didn't shave regularly for eons, after all, you'd think someone would have mentioned it
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 470x698px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 470x698px
I once asked a group of my black coworkers what spf sun screen they use and they all burst out laughing why are black people so uncouth and mean?
>>
>>2609212
>he believes in the evolutionary jew
Kekity
>>
>>2609853
>he believes in the christian jew
>>
>[19] And again, believing that to feel contempt for one's enemies infuses a certain courage for the fight, Agesilaus gave orders to his heralds that the barbarians who were captured by the Greek raiding parties should be exposed for sale naked. Thus the soldiers, seeing that these men were white-skinned because they never were without their clothing, and soft and unused to toil because they always rode in carriages, came to the conclusion that the war would be in no way different from having to fight with women.
-Xen. Hell. 3.4.19

>Why are men more sunburnt who sit still in the sun than those who take exercise? Is it because those who are in motion are as it were fanned by the breath owing to the movement of the air which they set up, whereas those who are sitting still do not undergo this process?
-Aristotle Problems Book XXXVIII 967a23-1526

>Why is it that sun bleaches olive oil but darkens the flesh? Is it becauseit extracts the earthy element from the olive oil, and this, like the earthy element in wine, is the black part of it? Now it darkens the flesh because it burns it; for that which is earthy always becomes black when burnt.
967b26-1527
>>
>>2609176
Why mention something so insignificant? Clothe yourself and slather oil on your exposed parts as protection. Things like that should be second nature
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.