[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>januARY >februARY >march >april >may >june

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 81ZqxZFtlGL._SL1500_[1].jpg (354KB, 1159x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81ZqxZFtlGL._SL1500_[1].jpg
354KB, 1159x1500px
>januARY
>februARY
>march
>april
>may
>june
>july
>august
>septemBER
>octoBER
>novemBER
>decemBER

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>2607545
Hahaha my weanus peanus of course hahaha.
The answer? My weanus peanus! !
>>
>janUARY
>febrUARY
>march
>april
>may
>june
>july
>august
>septemBER
>octoBER
>novemBER
>decemBER

>>
>>2609149
janUARY
febrUARY
march
april
may
JUne
JUly
august
septemBER
octoBER
novemBER
decemBER
what did they mean by this?
>>
>1. january
>2. february
>3. march
>4. april
>5. may
>6. june
>7. july
>8. august
>9. SEPTember
>10. OCTober
>11. NOVember
>12. DECember
>>
>>2609461
July and August didn't exist in the Roman calendar until the late Republic, hence September was originally the 7th month, October was the 8th month etc. Also January is named after the god Janus and March is named after Mars so there is a rhyme and reason to the names.
>>
>januBER
>februBER
>march
>april
>may
>june
>august
>septemARY
>octoARY
>novemARY
>decemARY

>>
>>2609587
You are wrong. July and August did exist, but with different names.

September, October etc. are called that way because in older times the first month of the year was March, as it has the equinox, which most cultures used to count the years.
>>
>>2609587
july and august are named for julius and augustus

april is named for Aphrodite, may is named for Maia one of Atlas' daughters, June is named for Juno

February is named for the holiday februa.
>>
>>2609606
That makes no sense, January is named for Janus the god of beginnings. Why would they put his month 11th instead of 1st?

Do you have a source on that?
>>
>>2609615
https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/months/september.html

It doesn't appear in the source, but July and August were called Quintilis and Sextilis before the emperors changed their names.
>>
>>2609587
>>2609615
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
I know the Romans didn't actually have full(as in solar) years and had to compensate very often by adding weeks and/or days unto the end of some years, but if they didn't have July or August they would have to arbitrarily add 2 months every year that "didn't exist" in the calendar year. They may seem stupid but no way in hell were they ever that stupid.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.