[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there a character in graeco-roman myth more frivolous than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Hera_Campana_Louvre_Ma2283.jpg (27KB, 250x456px) Image search: [Google]
Hera_Campana_Louvre_Ma2283.jpg
27KB, 250x456px
Was there a character in graeco-roman myth more frivolous than Hera/Juno? It seems to me that every time she is mentioned or implied she ends up killing someone innocent because of a jealous tantrum.
>>
>>2603194
Read Jason and the Argonauts. Hera was the fucking fairy godmother there.

Dionysus is the one that seems to get people brutally killed in every story
>>
The ancient gods were archetypes, not real beings. She perfectly plays the role of the eternal woman.
>>
>>2603338
And in comparison, her antics in all the other heroics, from Theseus to Herakles to Aeneas, she's the jealous wife of Zeus that lashes out on everything because she's too autistic to know how to keep a man.
>>
>>2603194
>Hera/Juno
>Same deity
Ignorant much.
>>
>>2603403
The original post mentioned every time Hera is mentioned

>too autistic to know how to keep a man
In the Iliad, Hera definitely knows to keep Zeus occupied. Rather than autistic wife, her antics are more similar to the first wife of a polygamous household, trying to ensure the inheritance goes through her to her son
>>
>>2603449
How does inheritance work through immortals apart from patricide, and why would anyone want Ares as chief god of Olympos?
>>
>>2603194
>Hera/Juno
I winced reading that. Literally the only similarities between Juno and Hera are being the sister wife of the sky god and being the goddesses of family. They are extremely different in character and attitudes, and Juno was most certainly not frivolous.
In fact you could say the same for basically all greek and roman divinities. Mars, Saturn, Venus and company are all very different from their greek counterparts.
>>
>>2603683
They are the same characters but were expanded upon by the romans
The fact you are even attempting to refute this shows nothing but idiocy
>they were not the same in any way except their position in the mythos and in their core tenets
Sure thing autistabot
>>
File: IMG_1997.jpg (188KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1997.jpg
188KB, 1224x1445px
>>2603768
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.