[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does everyone hate the Anzacs now? in Australia all people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (39KB, 451x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 451x326px
why does everyone hate the Anzacs now? in Australia all people learn about them in high school now is how much of a failure they were and how they were overrated and weren't really all that brave or noble
>>
Really? That's too bad.

Sounds like some shitty self-hating historical revisionism.

How about they were brave patriots who gave the ultimate sacrifice when asked to serve by their country?

That's a lot better.
>>
>>2602680
>why does everyone hate the Anzacs now
No. Fuck no.

>in Australia all people learn about them in high school now is how much of a failure they were
Forget Anzac Day assemblies, literally any class on the ANZACs is basically a ten minute run down on Gallipolli and then a twenty minute spiel on how they were the best soldiers on the Western Front and the British had to put them on the back bench by the end of the war because they were exhausted from all the ass-whopping in Flanders.

The best ANZAC day ceremony I've been to had the Turkish ambassador read Ataturk's address on the ANZACs in Turkish and English. They're getting more and more recognition every year and I'm glad to see it isn't just an "Australia FUCK YEAH" flag waving fest or a "Poor Aussies were the only victims of the war" sook. The good, the bad and the ugly should all be recognised.
>>
>>2602680

Here in Britain we are taught the opposite, that the ANZACS were brave and even heroic.
>>
>>2602691
Stop pushing your whiny identity politics bullshit you reddit spacing cunt.
>>
>>2602694
as someone who recently graduated high school, when I learnt about ww1 we were basically taught that a lot of accounts from the time were exaggerated or completely false, that the whole "brave soldiers fucked over by irresponsible bland careless British command" was largely false, and that since we were the invading party we aren't really the victims, we also looked at it a lot from the Turkish perspective. I don't necessarily agree with all this but it is definitely what I was taught
>>
>>2602744
This seems like a ridiculous exaggeration but if it means anything what state are you from? As a West Australian we never touched the ANZACs after Yr 10.
>>
>>2602680
Are you Victorian? When i was at school it was all best soldiers rah rah poms held us back etc etc and then wed watch gallipoli
>>
>>2602755
>>2602768
NSW, we learnt about ww1 and ww2 in year 9, with ww2 we barely touched war in Europe and focused entirely on kakoda, where we mostly focused on the conditions of fighting and stuff
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.