[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Persians invent so little compared to previous Mesopotamian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0280.jpg (64KB, 380x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0280.jpg
64KB, 380x476px
Why did the Persians invent so little compared to previous Mesopotamian civilizations?
>>
Why did the Mesopotomians invesnt so little compared to Chinese civilization?
>>
Why did the Christians invent so little compared to the Muslims?
>>
Why did whites invent so little compared to blacks?
>>
>>2602419
Can we get rid of the "muh inventions" meme?
>>
>>2602434
Chinese civilization didn't end in 550BC
>>
>>2602434
But the chinese didn't invent as much as the mesopotamians...
>>
>>2602455
they invented more.
>>
>>2602465
No, they didn't.
>>
>>2602467
yes they did
>>
>>2602485
Prove it.
>>
>>2602439

Why do whites invent so much fewer memes than the Japanese?
>>
>>2602487
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions
>>
>>2602419
>What's Cyrus Cylinder?
>>
>>2602496
Not an invention
>>
>>2602494
Half of that list is just variants of previous inventions.
>>
>>2602528
still more
>>
>>2602590
And less important.
>>
>>2602595
lasted a lot longer with seemingly more impact today than some city states in Iraq.
>>
File: 1485915736784.jpg (261KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
1485915736784.jpg
261KB, 600x453px
>>2602494
>listing inventions that go well into the AD period
>using "Chinese" as a whole sum of modern territories, not just ancient China
Oh I see what game you're playing.

MESOPOTAMIA! ANATOLIA! IRANIAN PLATEAU! LEVANT! EGYPT!

AAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEEEMBLEEEEEEEE

Mesopotamia,
>>
>>2602600
Nah. Literature, writing, maps, law and civilisation are more important than gunpowder, compasses and dominoes.
>>
>>2602623
>multiple civilizatiins cant create the same things due to be excluded from the other

ok
>>
>>2602617
im not sure if hes trolling me or if im trolling him desu
>>
>>2602635
But that logic makes your argument even weaker, since inventions in China were still being utilised in distant regions thousands of miles away by people who never even made contact with the Chinese. If you want to say that Mesopotamian inventions don't count because other people thought up their own versions, then the exact same thing applies to Chinese inventions.
>>
>>2602676
ok and one is still around
>>
>>2602714
Not really. You think the China today is the same as the one of a thousand years prior? It wasn't even China back then.
>>
>>2602714
after it ditched all of its traditions and copied western ideologies and modes of production to become relevant again

chinkposters are literally reaching new levels of wewuzisms
>>
why wouldnt you adapt
>>
>>2602528
By that logic white and japanese people invented nothing, which is true.
>>
Seriously though I can't think of a single Persian invention
>>
>>2603315
Persian cats
>>
Do the Persians have any great writings on par with Homer or Virgil? Do they have great historians?
>>
>>2603315
Persian rugs
>>
peanut butter is a recipe
>>
>>2603315
They were really good at administration
But yeah, more innovation rather invention
>>
>>2602798
I know this is a shitpost, but really, what DID the Japanese ever invent that's actually useful to the world?
>>
>>2603358
anime
>>
>>2603358
Had to look it up but a lot of engineering and robotics inventions in more recent years, also meth
>>
>>2603364
>>2603373
So, nothing.
>>
>When the Persian capital of Ctesiphon in province of Khvârvarân (today known as Iraq) fell to the Muslims during the Islamic conquest of Persia in 637 under the military command of Sa'ad ibn Abi Waqqas during the caliphate of Umar, the palaces and their archives were burned. According to an account in Tarikh al-Tabari by Al-Tabari, the Arab Commander Sa'ad ibn Abi Waqqas wrote to Caliph Umar ibn al-Khatta-b asking what should be done with the books at Ctesiphon. Umar wrote back: "If the books contradict the Qur'an, they are blasphemous. On the other hand, if they are in agreement, they are not needed, as for us Qur'an is sufficient."[23] Thus, the huge library was destroyed and the books, the product of the generations of Persian scientists and scholars were thrown into fire or the Euphrates.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Zoroastrians

I think it's simply the fact that the majority of Persian records were likely destroyed as a result of the destruction caused by the Arab and Mongol invasions.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.