[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey my dad had this german (?) medallion which I found when tidying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: medalion.jpg (700KB, 2325x992px) Image search: [Google]
medalion.jpg
700KB, 2325x992px
Hey my dad had this german (?) medallion which I found when tidying up my storage locker.

Any anons know what it's for or about?

I guess it's copper so has kind of oxidized a bit, sorry if it's hard to read
>>
>>2601479

It might have been a Boy Scout medal, guessing by the hand with two up raised fingers?
>>
>>2601479
I'm having trouble reading it, but it says something about "men being our sons, and grandchildren" on the interior line. If you can get a better picture/transcribe the outer line I'd be happy to translate if the thread is still up when I'm back from work
>>
>>2601479
1923 Weimar Republic against the Ruhr ocuppation. It reads "DEUTSCH WAREN UNSERE VÄTER DEUTSCH SIND WIR UND DEUTSCHE MÄNNER WERDEN UNSERE SÖHNE UND ENKEL SEIN"
>>
>>2603290

So its just generally a coin (or something) protesting the French occupation of the Ruhr? any idea why it has 18th Jan 1923 on it. I dont recall anything on that date and wikipedia only has this

>The French issued a proclamation banning public singing of German patriotic songs, displaying flags and emblems of old German colours, or displaying antisemitic tags in the Ruhr.
>>
>>2603298
18th January 1871 was the day of the proclamation of the German Empire, so a patriotic date, and the French occupied the Ruhr in January 1923.
>>
>>2601479
It means he had his butthole fingered by the hobo looking guy and was proud of it
>>
File: medal thing.jpg (13KB, 340x169px) Image search: [Google]
medal thing.jpg
13KB, 340x169px
>>2603306

Yeah that never crossed my mind. I managed to find a copy though

https://www.numisbids.com/n.php?p=lot&sid=1066&lot=855

>GERMANY. Weimar Republic. On the resistance against the occupation of the Ruhr. Ae Medal (1923).

But i cant find what exactly it was awarded for. I dont know if it was given to the Reichswehr for some reason or to German civilians for 'passive resistance' against the Occupation
>>
>>2603298
P.S. the German name for this coin or medal is Schmachtaler, the Shows Wodan or a generic Germanic warrior, the crest on the other side show the weapons of Westphalia (Ruhr) Rheinland and the Pfalz (Saarland) the provinces affected by French occupation . The hand is the "Schwurhand" the gesture you make when swearing an oath.
>>
>>2603327
A Schmachtaler or Not und Schmachtaler is a coin commemorating the French occupation of Germany during the Weimar Republic. Afaik they where neither state made nor issued, but rather private made and commercially sold patriotic trinkets.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.