[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you learn about American slavery in school? I went

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: tuvok.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
tuvok.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
What did you learn about American slavery in school?

I went to school in rural Georgia. The basic narrative was that slavery was a bad thing, but not as bad as the North said it was because slaves loved their masters and were well treated. Most of the stuff about the confederacy was idealized visions of big plantations and Gone with the Wind shit. We didn't talk about all the people who got manipulated into being totally cool with dying a slow and painful death as long as they had someone under them in the social ladder
>>
TRIANGULAR
R
A
D
E
>>
this cracker humor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfTVcbbBhWs
>>
>>2601567
nah man it's just good ol country
who wouldn't want 40 acres and a mule?
>>
>>2601418

>but not as bad as the North said

That's revisionism though. Very few people in the North outside of far-right blocs like the abolitionists gave a shit about slavery. Lincoln only proposed emancipation to give a then-unpopular war moral legitimacy and to shore up segments of his own party for re-election.

>Most of the stuff about the confederacy was idealized visions of big plantations and Gone with the Wind shit

How that's still unironically taught as fact is fucking retarded. ~2% of Southerners lived that lifestyle (some of them, hilariously black.)

>We didn't talk about all the people who got manipulated into being totally cool with dying a slow and painful death as long as they had someone under them in the social ladder

My middle school social studies teacher was based and covered that, but it's pretty shocking how many burgers have no idea that the vast majority of southern whites had a standard of living that was comparable to the slaves.

99% of the Rebs who fought for the CSA literally got conned.

>Oy vey, the Yankees are tyrants Jebidiah

>Don't listen to their propaganda that we've been shilling the expansion of our bullshit institution for decades and creating legislative gridlock for no good reason Jebidiah

>Go die for your state Jebidiah heheh
>>
>>2601579
>nah man it's just good ol country

Lets sing a song about how the niggers were promised land and livestock that were never delivered.

Just good old fashioned southern humour?
>>
>>2601609
Imagining the antebellum planter aristocracy as Hasids from Williamsburg NY really activates my neurons
>>
File: Judah_P_Benjamin_crop.jpg (2MB, 1870x2322px) Image search: [Google]
Judah_P_Benjamin_crop.jpg
2MB, 1870x2322px
>>2601624

>tfw you make a shitpost and it turns out to not entirely be a shitpost

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/r/rosen-confederates.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judah_P._Benjamin

Wew.
>>
>>2601614
im reminded of that documentary with the asian friend and the african friend. whereby the china friend is shitting on the african friend bc they were under colonization and once the afribros gained their liberty, the entire infrastructure went to shit.
>>
>>2601654
>yfw instead of Jefferson Beauregard Sessions we could have gotten Jefferson Yehudi Rosenthal-Goldstein
>>
>>2601609
>~2% of Southerners lived that lifestyle
I wonder what the percentage was of southerners who were directly employed on plantations.
>>
we went cotton picking
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.