[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has Catholic Europe been so overshadowed by Protestant Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Map-PHGCOM-Wikipedia.jpg (50KB, 447x424px) Image search: [Google]
Map-PHGCOM-Wikipedia.jpg
50KB, 447x424px
Why has Catholic Europe been so overshadowed by Protestant Europe for the past 500 years?
>>
>>2599297
better work ethics and better government. Also age of enlightenment kicked in earlier.
>>
>>2599297
France and Spain were by far more dominant than Britain and Germany prior to the 19th century.
>>
17th century protestant based philosophy ( Hobbes and Locke) directly influenced modern scientific thought
>>
>>2599297
Racial, Economic, Intellectual and Cultural superiority.
Breaking from Rome is a manifestation of the aforementioned, not the cause.
Germanics BTFO Romeboos for the billionth time is all.
>>
>That red
??
What is this a map of?
>>
>>2599297
You can get a lot accomplished if you don't have to report directly to the Church.
>>
>>2599526
Probably a map of countries ruled by Protestants in the 16th-17th century. The red looks like the Ottoman Empire at its height.
>>
>tfw Protestants always swallow Catholics in all of my EU4 games
I think only Spain ever manages to stay Catholic lol.
>>
>>2599546
Enforce religious unity senpai or else the Protestant League will murder you
>>
Because protestants are much more hard working and white
>>
>>2599526
Orthodox?
>>
>>2599312
>France and Spain were by far more dominant than Britain and Germany prior to the 19th century.

Not to mention, the richest parts of Germany are Catholic.
>>
>>2599297
They can help the fact that they were exposed to the true path
>>
File: Apu goggles.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
Apu goggles.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
Stay strong and defiant, Catholic man. Without you... there is no Christian Church!
>>
>>2599613
Catholic Hitler ensured that didnt he?
>>
>>2599297

At the end, 2017, "protestant" countries are mainly atheist.
Their few believers are converting to Catholicism or Orthodoxy.

>Overshadowed.
>>
Its admirable how you can attract retards so easily with a shit thread like this
>>
>>2599709
>too smart for christianity
>somehow a bad thing
>>
>Protestant ethics and capitalism
WE WUZZ' MAX WEBER AND SHITT !!!!
BS
North Europe : Peasants learning to read (YOU MUST READ THE BIBLE!) becoming low salary obedient workforce like nowaday China and slowly increasing wealth
South Europe : high illiteracy level until the 19th century and loving revolutions against their "masters" and yet still being in the G20
>>
>>2599740
Looking at Sweden, seems like it is.
>>
>>2599297
This map is horribly inaccurate.
>>
>>2599297
>Rennaissance Italy, Spain, France
>overshadowed
>>
>>2599780
Seems pretty accurate for turn of the 17th century
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.