[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post silly anecdotes from your're are country's history.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1489498955062.jpg (96KB, 792x558px) Image search: [Google]
1489498955062.jpg
96KB, 792x558px
Post silly anecdotes from your're are country's history.
I'll start
When the communists took over the courts after September 1944, 20 out of the 43 ministers, influential statesmen, high clergy, who directly challenged Hitler and stepped up for the jews, for executed for being Nazis. The rest spent their lives in concentration camps.
The person who declared war on Nazi Germany got cangoroo court'd and executed as well.
>>
>>2599196
lol yuros
>>
most black people in my country are low iq sub-humans.
>>
Some American history 'facts' that will not die.

"The Founding Fathers nearly made German an official language!"

"George Washington was given the chance to be king and he turned it down!"

"The Constitution was strongly influenced by Iriquois law!"
>>
>>2599654
>Constitution was influenced by Iroquois Law

I've never heard this statement. Where did it originate?
>>
>>2599688
Not him, but as someone who heard that in grade school (but got told it was idiocy back in high school), I'm guessing it's because they want to give the little kiddies an enormously simplified view of history. The Revolution, which is a big deal, is justified because after all, England is the land of absolute tyrant kings.

Then they need to have something else to explain where ideas of American representative democracy come from without needing to explain how the English government actually worked.
>>
>>2599708
Tbh founding fathers being brave enlighten men rebelling against evil totalitarian king makes for a better narrative than bunch of slave owners being butthurt about they having to pay taxes after a war to protect their worthless asses from French.
>>
>>2599753
People have a similar misconception about the French revolution. It wasn't an uprising against some powerful absolutist monarch. It was more like kicking over a house that was already extremely weak from termites. The king could already barely hold his own against the nobles. If those upper-class idiots had just done a better job of managing the economy and feeding people, maybe all the millions of deaths could have been avoided, and France would simply have transitioned peacefully to an England-style constitutional monarchy.
>>
>>2600103
That would have required the king not to be a complete idiot.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.