[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Catholics think it is okay to direct their worship towards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: MaryM.jpg (38KB, 507x325px) Image search: [Google]
MaryM.jpg
38KB, 507x325px
Why do Catholics think it is okay to direct their worship towards statues and paintings rather than God?

>Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Exodus 20:4-6 (KJV)

Paintings and statues (in any context) are unacceptable according to the Bible, which we Christians follow, only photos are okay. So why do Catholics create and worship them?
>>
>>2594857
>cathocucks are retarded and just ingore the bible and make up their own rules

it took you this long to figure that out?
>>
File: Solomon-Builds-the-Temple-y2_w28.jpg (254KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Solomon-Builds-the-Temple-y2_w28.jpg
254KB, 1280x800px
>>2594857
>Paintings and statues (in any context) are unacceptable according to the Bible
There were statues in both Temples in Jerusalem, by God's demand.
>>
Because you don't worship the actual painting or statue you fucking retard caveman.
>>
File: The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg (24KB, 180x308px) Image search: [Google]
The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg
24KB, 180x308px
Because they actually make nice statues and painting, unlike somebody.
>>
>>2595041
>>2595055
>>2595185
Please stop responding to this guy and his autistic gang of proddy shitposters
>>
>it's a 'making art is the same asa worshipping idols' episode

man

you protestants are worse than the muslims. this is why both you and muslims never made any good art.
>>
& humanities was a mistake
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.