[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're the Umayyads justified in fucking over Ali and his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (34KB, 310x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 310x288px
We're the Umayyads justified in fucking over Ali and his family?

General purpose Islamic history thread too I guess
>>
>>2594179
Yazid literally did NOTHING wrong
>>
>>2594179

Where they Mohammedans wrong when they did x?

Answer: Yes.
>>
>>2594179
I have some sympathy for the Shia point of view.
The Umayyads stood for the traditional method of Arab succession even though Muhammad had arguably come to proclaim a new social order. In that way Ali as Caliph could be seen as the choice more in line with Muhammad's teachings. Going with the Umayyads meant going back to "the way we did things before that weirdo came around" and also the Umayyads were late converts whereas Ali was a Muslim of the first hour.
>>
File: smugbe.jpg (134KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
smugbe.jpg
134KB, 960x960px
>use "muh Uthman" as a excuse to seize power and remove the democratic process the Rashiduns used to elect new Califs so you can create a dynasty instead that go against everything the original title stood for while alienating most of your subjects when you create a pro-Arab tribalist state that shit on other non-Arab muslims and muslims in general
>don't even last a century before being overthrown
/pol/ should love them for starting the divide in the first place
>>
>>2594223
>Muslim
Mohammedan.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 736x486px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 736x486px
>tfw every day is the battle of Karbala and every place is Karbala
>>
>>2594179
Al* was probably muhammeds baby by incest :DD so yes the ummayads needed to stop this desecration from spreading to the leadership of the muslims
>>
>>2594253
No Muslim calls themselves a Mohammedan my kaffir friend
>>
>>2594179
>By their fruits you shall know them
Are you really surprised such violence and bloodshed came from the Ishmaelites? They aren't in, and never were, in the Covenant of God.
>>
>supporting the banu umayya over the Prophets own clan
>the same clan that opposed Muhammad every chance they got and killed some of the earliest muslim converts cause of their faith
what did the sunni's mean by this?
>>
>>2594253
Aside from being cringeworthy and essentially LARPing, the usage of this term is inaccurate, as it implies that Muslims worship Mohammad, similar to how Christians worship Jesus, whereas they merely revere him as the final prophet and an example to follow.
>>
>>2594345
Don't worry it's just an Evangelical retard chimping out as usual
>>
File: umyyad.jpg (47KB, 610x673px) Image search: [Google]
umyyad.jpg
47KB, 610x673px
>>2594179
finally i can post this
>>
>>2594406
Don't Sunnis consider the Ummayad (and Abbasid) Caliphates to be illegitimate?

I thought they only respected the fantastic 4.
>>
>>2594549
well fuck, you are right

so the entire split is literally just about Ali not getting to rule right after Muhammad died but he had to wait until his turn?
>>
>>2594569
Basically yeah

But it's more complicated than that. Ali basically got screwed over at every turn and even when he became caliph he got assassinated by proto-isis.

The Shia are also extremely butthurt about how Ali's entire clan for btfo by the Umayyads.
>>
>>2594635
Got btfo*

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Karbala
>>
Honest question, any Shia muslims here?
>>
>>2594406
They meant Arab Tradition over (newer but still shit) Muslim values
>>
>>2594708
Yeah, kinda. I am Persian so I was somewhat born into it (although I am not religious anymore). Even though I dont believe them to be authorities in my life, I do have a interest and a weird fascination with the 12 Imams and in general important Shia figures.
>>
>>2594223
>The Umayyads stood for the traditional method of Arab succession
No, ironically enough. The Rashidun caliphs were the traditionalists, with a family council voting in usually the most senior among them, while the Umayyads were aiming for a dynastic, Roman kind of succession.

Muhammad did probably want a new social order, but both the Umayyads and the Rashidun were more than comfortable doing what suited them best.
>>
File: Persiafags.jpg (280KB, 1270x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Persiafags.jpg
280KB, 1270x1136px
>>2594754
As long as your not a Persiafag living in LA im sure you might be tolerable
>>
>>2594708
Probably just some persians who don't really practice.
>>
No Muslim is justified in anything, justification is a consequence of faith in Jesus Christ, which Muslims lack. QED.
>>
>>2594708
I am. Well my family is but muslims in the US don't really care about sects so I might not be an expert on shia history but ask away and if I can answer your questions I will.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.