[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

muh Italian renaissance if it wasn't for Vasari's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 85

File: lmao-Italy-pieceofshit.png (3MB, 1440x992px) Image search: [Google]
lmao-Italy-pieceofshit.png
3MB, 1440x992px
muh Italian renaissance

if it wasn't for Vasari's propaganda book this Italian trash would have been rightly ignored
>>
Reminder that sage goes on the Options field.
>>
>>2590465
Michelangelo was critical of Flemish painters because he thought they focused on cramming in details instead of capturing the spirit.
>>
But right looks better. Not seeing your point, OP. Are you a pleb who thinks art can only be measured by how realistic it looks?
>>
But flemish painters did not understand perspective and the painting looks brighter because they had oil paint before Italy
>>
>snownigger """"art""""

Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>2590488
Yeah this, it's a different approach to art. The central Italians were influenced by the Northern Renaissance though, especially in portraiture. The Italians dropped the profile portrait of Roman emperors in favour of the 3/4 portrait as seen in OP pic. The north seemed more interested in detail and topography as opposed to the Italians who developed the idea of 'study' via drawing (disegno), Venice to a lesser degree (they opted to paint directly onto canvas instead of over drawn lines, generally)
>>
File: ...1482911988013.jpg (57KB, 522x325px) Image search: [Google]
...1482911988013.jpg
57KB, 522x325px
>t. Waldemar

Ghirlandaio was amazing, you pig.
>>
>>2590522
They can't help painting ugly, cause they're all ugly anyway
>>
File: Michelangelo_Buonarroti_033.jpg (641KB, 2536x3492px) Image search: [Google]
Michelangelo_Buonarroti_033.jpg
641KB, 2536x3492px
>>2590488
Michelangelo hated them, because they focused too much on Landscape, and he hated landscapes.

Michelangelo ONLY liked the human figure and Architecture, and BS'd everything else. Hell, half the backgrounds of the Sistine Ceiling are vague swaths of color
>>
But Baroque is the greatest of all art periods and guess what, it was born in Italy too. French faggots start ruining art with shitty movements like Rococo past this point.
>>
File: 1488237308623.png (124KB, 292x389px) Image search: [Google]
1488237308623.png
124KB, 292x389px
In terms of Rebirth, the Italian Renaissance was closer to the Ancient Past than Early Neatherlandish art was.

The Ancients didn't have Oil Paint, and worked in Encaustic or Tempera, so if you want to look at an Apelles, you want to look at Botticelli or Ghirlandaio, not a Campin or a van der Weyden
>>
>>2590622
i love the cramming of details though. a lot of that stuff is allegorical and i love the attention paid to the minutest objects.
>>
>>2590692
19th century French painting >>>>>>>>>
>>
File: report-of-the-week.jpg (92KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
report-of-the-week.jpg
92KB, 900x900px
>>2590465
>trash
can you do better?
>>
File: Robert_Campin_013.jpg (3MB, 2870x4226px) Image search: [Google]
Robert_Campin_013.jpg
3MB, 2870x4226px
>>2590789
>mfw a Neoclassicist posts near me
>>
>>2590792
>my nigga
>>
>>2590789
Post-Impressionism sure, the rest is memes
>>
File: mememan.png (371KB, 432x582px) Image search: [Google]
mememan.png
371KB, 432x582px
>>2590804
honhonhon
>>
File: 1486382195307.png (163KB, 1400x1630px) Image search: [Google]
1486382195307.png
163KB, 1400x1630px
>>2590465
Learn how to paint using proper perspective first before you talk shit. You're not some "muh tradition" Jap. What's your excuse?
>>
File: p12385_10.jpg (238KB, 1536x1043px) Image search: [Google]
p12385_10.jpg
238KB, 1536x1043px
>>2590834
>Catfish wake up, my jealous husband has found us
>Catfish: oh fug :D:D:D act cool
>>
>>2590465
Umm... or both are good?
>>
HIGH ART
>>
if jap art is shit then how come impressionists were obsessed with it
>>
Italy is highly overrated, and so is everything connected to it, like Rome, the Renaissance, and the food.
>>
File: 4bf.png (181KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
4bf.png
181KB, 625x626px
>>2592155
Have a (You) my man.
>>
>>2592164
Go have some greasy fast food while masturbating over the literal dark ages that were Rome and the Renaissance.
>>
>>2592170
>dark ages
Explain or fuck off.
>>
>>2590789
19th century French painting >>>>>>>>> nothing
>>
>>2592172
The Greek age of scientific progress ended when Archimedes was murdered by a Roman soldier. Can you name one relevant Roman scientist or artist or scientific advancement? Nope, Rome had the merit of spreading Greek achievements to Western Europe through bloody conquest, but its time of dominance was an era of stagnation and inevitable collapse.

After Rome was gone a new civilisation emerged, that of the Middle Ages, centered on France. It created new art and architecture far beyond anything that existed. In science it was at first highly respectful of the ancient Greeks, but by the 13th century it started progressing beyond them, and realising that the Greek scientific reference, Aristotle, was wrong about almost everything. A scientific revolution began, and by the 1300s the universities of Paris and Oxford had established the foundation of the scientific method, and of modern mathematics and physics.

That all ended when France was destroyed by the Hundred Years War, and Italy became the most influential region of the West again. Italians hated France and everything about it, the art and architecture (which they called "gothic") but also the science, which they as "Humanists" (that is students of the Humanities, meaning ancient Latin and Greek) rejected as deviations from their precious Roman "civilisation". They started cosplaying as ancient Romans and burning medieval books, and for 300 years the West once again stagnated and made no significant advancements. Until around 1600 when Italy once again fell into irrelevance, and French and British thinkers like Descartes, Bacon, Pascal, Newton, Lavoisier, Darwin, Maxwell, Ampere, and Pasteur invented the modern world.

Everyone memes about how the Germans destroy civilisation, but really it's always the Italians.
>>
>>2592155
>everything connected to it
like the Alps?
>>
>>2592212
Swiss Alps > French Alps > Austrian Alps >German Alps >>>>>>> Italian Alps
>>
File: 1489359416455.jpg (1MB, 2792x2120px) Image search: [Google]
1489359416455.jpg
1MB, 2792x2120px
>>2592203
>A scientific revolution began, and by the 1300s the universities of Paris and Oxford had established the foundation of the scientific method, and of modern mathematics and physics

Which were all synthesized and perfected by Galileo, the person whom Einstein and Stephen Hawking called "the father of the modern science". BTFO frognigger.

Their work being lost over time didn't have anything to do with the Renaissance, but the turmoil caused by the black plague. It is also understandable that it didn't become as widespread as the work of Galileo as those were just theories which couldn't be factually proven at the time.
>>
File: human accomplishment.jpg (110KB, 623x1024px) Image search: [Google]
human accomplishment.jpg
110KB, 623x1024px
>>2592220

>posting the version that was shooped by a buttblasted Italian to make his country look less shit
lmao are you serious? If I was you I'd avoid calling attention to how pathetic your countrymen can be.

>Which were all synthesized and perfected by Galileo
Galileo discovered precisely nothing in physics. Every one of the laws commonly attributed to him can already be found in the textbooks of Nicole Oresme and Jean Buridan from the 14th century, and it's quite clear that Galileo had access to them as he included in his work exact copies of some of the graphs made by Oresme.

But even for that Galileo had to battle all his fellow Italians, eventually being condemned to lifelong house arrest, all for stating things that had been completely non-controversial knowledge 300 years earlier in Paris, because he had the audacity to contradict the holy Aristotle. What do you call that if not a dark age?
>>
File: snowniggers BTFO.jpg (867KB, 1422x1984px) Image search: [Google]
snowniggers BTFO.jpg
867KB, 1422x1984px
>>2592237
The work of Nicole Oresme and the Oxford calculators was lost everywhere. Why was it an Italian that discovered it and expanded on it instead of those British and French geniuses, huh?

>lmao are you serious? If I was you I'd avoid calling attention to how pathetic your countrymen can be.

I already BTFO'd you about this in that other thread. Those are obviously different versions of the book. Try to find the missing dots circled in the red areas now since you were too dumb to do that next time.
>>
>>2592244
*since you were too dumb to do that before
>>
>>2592203
>huur Romans were copy cats
Look at the very letters you're typing. You're trying to downplay the significance of the Romans conquering Europe which led to the creation of modern day western civilization. Everyone was influenced by the Romans even the Germanics who's civilizations couldn't have started without the Romans.

It does not matter that the Romans never created on their own as they took previously established ideas and perfected them. For the record, aquaducts were a thing of beauty that the Romans innovated on their own. As for the things they perfected? Military formations, roads, concrete, spreading christianity even civil law and medicine we got from the Romans. Their empire falling is nothing suprising as that is the fate of every empire. The fact that the Romans were the peak of civilization when they were at their prime is a testament to their skill and endurance.

>France
A nation that was the off shoot of another that literally claimed we wuz roman? Another interesting fact, the first university was in Italy. The renaissance was not a period of stagnation but the opposite. How can you explain the cultural fever which swepted Europe from Italy?

>always Italians
You haven't even mentioned one time they ruined civilization, faggot.
>>
>>2592244
Because French and British academia was taken over by cancerous Italian humanism as well. The old library of Oxford was burned, and the books of Buridan were banned in France in the 15th century. One Italian stumbling on some old books doesn't excuse the way everyone else in Italy was trying to silence him (and truth be told Galileo was also an arrogant faggot trying to take all the credit for himself).

>Those are obviously different versions of the book.
They're the same scan you blind moron. Look at the page crease. If you zoom in on the shooped version you can even see the repeating artefacts from the Italian copypasting sections of that bar to make it longer.
>>
>>2592244
>1800-1950
Wew. It's like your not even trying.
>>
File: laughing David.jpg (42KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
laughing David.jpg
42KB, 682x600px
>>2592237
>>2592220
Fucking hell man, this is sad even by italonigger standards
>>
>>2592260
>Because French and British academia was taken over by cancerous Italian humanism as well.

Nothing was forcing them to adopt it.

>The old library of Oxford was burned, and the books of Buridan were banned in France in the 15th century

Can't find anything about this at all. You're full of shit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_book-burning_incidents
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_destroyed_libraries

>They're the same scan you blind moron. Look at the page crease. If you zoom in on the shooped version you can even see the repeating artefacts from the Italian copypasting sections of that bar to make it longer

No. You posted that other map yourself distributing the figures by region. It's not the same as that one. Italy isn't the only thing that's different. Belgium is above Spain.

>>2592266
>samefagging with the same pictures as you did in that other thread

Kill yourself, butthurt frognigger.
>>
>>2592255

>You're trying to downplay the significance of the Romans conquering Europe
I literally mentioned that as the one Roman achievement.

>Military formations, roads, concrete, spreading christianity even civil law and medicine we got from the Romans.
This has nothing to do with science but ok let's see. Roman military formations got absolutely buttraped by Germanics and Huns, at Chalons the Huns didn't even bother attacking the Romans and just focused on the Germanics while the Romans were being useless faggots. Romans didn't invent roads, they just built a lot of them. They also didn't even invent concrete, that's Greek. As for Christianity, the Romans would throw the Christians into arenas to be eaten by lions, yet then still managed to get cucked by them. Ancient Romans did not have civil law, that meme is based on the Byzantine codex of Justinian, which was never even put into practice, so you can thank the French for civil law. And Roman medicine consisted in bleeding people to make them better, yet another amazing Roman heritage we carried around for far too long.

That's all pretty pathetic m8.

>A nation that was the off shoot of another that literally claimed we wuz roman?
Uh, ok?

>Another interesting fact, the first university was in Italy.
lol Bologna? Another interesting fact, the first university that was worth two shits was in Paris, and the second was in Oxford.

>The renaissance was not a period of stagnation but the opposite.
See >>2592203

>How can you explain the cultural fever which swepted Europe from Italy?
Like I said, France got rekt by the Hundred Years War (and the Plague).

>You haven't even mentioned one time they ruined civilization, faggot.
They ruined Greece, and nearly ruined the West. Fortunately the West overcame Italian faggotry thanks to France and Britain, but only after 300 years of Italian dark ages.
>>
>>2592274
Not the same poster but they're obviously the same scan, this is cringy to the max.
>>
>>2592274
>It's not the same as that one.
Can't tell if genuine delusion literally making you blind, or just desperate damage control.
>>
>>2592283
You're behaving exactly like the other persona of the frog faggot in that other thread. Can't fool me. It's almost like the conversation is a direct copypaste.

>>2592288
Here's the image of the pdf version of the book you posted yourself which has a completely different figure distribution than the one I posted: >>2592244
>>
>>2592278
>Ancient Romans did not have civil law, that meme is based on the Byzantine codex of Justinian,
Biggest horseshit I've read here this month.
>>
File: 1490282511172.jpg (379KB, 1920x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1490282511172.jpg
379KB, 1920x1030px
>>2592293
Oops.
>>
>>2592293
Not going to bother because anyone reading this can clearly see they're the same scan except for your pathetic shoops. You're just ridiculing yourself.
>>
>>2592295
Just a tip: you might want to look things up next time before outing yourself as this much of a retard.
>>
>>2592299
>anyone reading this can clearly see they're the same scan except for your pathetic shoops

I already told you I saved this pic from /pol/. If it's shooped, then I have to give massive props to the guy who did it, because it looks very convincing. How did he shoop the figure distribution so perfectly and swapped Spain for Belgium?
>>
File: Young_Napoleon.jpg (3MB, 3047x3047px) Image search: [Google]
Young_Napoleon.jpg
3MB, 3047x3047px
>>2592203
>>2592278
Holy shit, why are frogs this buttblasted at Italy? Inferiority complex? What family does the language you speak belongs to again? Reminder that your greatest leader was Italian and that you're rapebabbies of the Romans since male Gaulish population was genocided by Caesar and Gaul got colonized massively later.
>>
>>2592305
Here is the original source for those scans:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?12344-Charles-Murray-s-quot-Human-Accomplishment-quot
>>
>>2592366
lol I never said anything about being French but it's funny how your little pastanigger brain immediately goes to your eternal asspain at France, as if to further prove what I said earlier about Renaissance butthurt. Though I suppose there's no reason for it to have diminished since, what with Corsica and Nice being owned by France, all the most famous (and overrated) Italian works of art being at the Louvre, your country owing its very existence to France, and all the most beautiful Italian women getting plowed by French dick.

BTW only one country here has such an inferiority complex that you'll resort to shooping graphs.
>>
>>2592380
And the allegedly real graph still shows Italy at the fourth place, included within the "big four." This is leagues above Spain and Austria, two out of the three main dominators. Also, the graph had Belgium and Spain swapped outright, perhaps we're not the ones that are butthurt.

>Italy owes its existence to France

Yes, insomuch they helped starting the process and gave that idea to people in Italy. But, by that Logic, France indirectly created Germany too.

>>2592278
Maybe they were defeated by Huns and Germans because, surprise surprise, tactics change but by that point no One wanted to adapt?

>Roman Law didn't exist

And here I thought you were serious.
>>
File: comparison.jpg (1006KB, 1603x2006px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.jpg
1006KB, 1603x2006px
>>2592380
So the figure distribution still looks different. I don't know what to think at this point. Maybe they're different editions of the book that got scanned twice in a very similar manner? Don't mistake this for some dumb national/ethnic pride, I'm trying to be as objective as possible here. There's quite a few important Italian scientists, Enlightment intellectuals and stuff from 1600-1800. This other chart seems to ignore them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_scientists
>>
>>2592433

>Also, the graph had Belgium and Spain swapped outright
Completely irrelevant, you or whoever made this probably did that just to be able to say like you are doing now "it's not butthurt Italians, it must have been butthurt Belgians!"

>But, by that Logic, France indirectly created Germany too.
Pretty much true, except in Italy's case it was literally France that invaded to liberate you from the Austrians.

>tactics change but by that point no One wanted to adapt?
Which makes Roman military formations completely irrelevant.

>>Roman Law didn't exist
As already explained, "Roman law" is the name given by Westerners to the codex of Justinian, which only ever inspired actual codes of law in the West, and only very sporadically until the Napoleon codex was written and spread across Europe. For fuck's sake I'm sure you can read all about that on Wikipedia.
>>
>>2592440
OK giving you the benefit of the doubt, just look at the scans man. Just zoom in on any part of them other than the shoops and you can clearly see they're pixel-identical. I must say I hadn't noticed he had gone through the trouble of slightly shooping the maps too, but it's not that hard to do.

Trolling aside Italy is obviously one of the "big four" (although mostly Northern Italy, which may explain why taken as a whole it lags a bit behind the other three in this frankly rather imperfect study), but that graph you posted is shooped as fuck and that's just a really petty and embarrassing thing to do.
>>
File: med to snownigger.jpg (1MB, 1045x3515px) Image search: [Google]
med to snownigger.jpg
1MB, 1045x3515px
>>2592449
>Napoleon codex

What is Napoleon's ethnicity again?

>inb4 h-h-he was Corsican, not Italian

No one was Italian at the time. Napoleon is very much an Italic/Mediterranean person though.
>>
>>2592465
I dunno, it would be very hard to shoop that part as perfectly as he did and rather pointless to do so in my opinion. I need to see how many different editions does this damn book have first before I make any conclusive judgements.
>>
>>2590522
What's going on with her head? Is she a xenomorph or something?
>>
>>2592278
1/2
>I literally mentioned that as the one Roman achievement.
Yes, but you made it sound way less important than it actually was. History is one of conquest and dominance and very few groups match up to the Romans in that regard.

>This has nothing to do with science but ok let's see. Roman military formations got absolutely buttraped by Germanics and Huns, at Chalons the Huns didn't even bother attacking the Romans and just focused on the Germanics while the Romans were being useless faggots.
Are you going to ignore literally hundreds of years of Roman military victory all for the sake of cherry picking their losses from when they were at their weakest? The Samnite Wars, Punic Wars, fucking Gaul were all done by adapting to and improving the enemies tactics and strategy. Hell, even at Chalons they were fearsome with Aetius which landed them another "victory".

>Romans didn't invent roads, they just built a lot of them. They also didn't even invent concrete, that's Greek.
Same reasons as above. They had the best roads and made effective use out of them. Also, Greeks didn't invent concrete. Usage of it dates back to the Egyptians. The funny thing is, knowledge of concrete became lost after the Romans fell and the most impressive pieces of architecture in antiquity came from the Romans.

>As for Christianity, the Romans would throw the Christians into arenas to be eaten by lions, yet then still managed to get cucked by them.
Read what I said. They spread christianity which literally defined European history for the next one thousand years.

>Ancient Romans did not have civil law, that meme is based on the Byzantine codex of Justinian, which was never even put into practice, so you can thank the French for civil law
Byzantine? You mean Roman. Also, that's a lie, Justin's code was used. It just mixed with German shit.
>>
>>2592504
2/2
>And Roman medicine consisted in bleeding people to make them better, yet another amazing Roman heritage we carried around for far too long.
And yet most medical terms are latin.

>Uh, ok?
>Romans were overrated!
>What's that? Germans wanted to be Roman too?
Do you see how you sound. Those great Germans/French looked up to the Romans.
France could never come into fruitation without Rome.

>lol Bologna? Another interesting fact, the first university that was worth two shits was in Paris, and the second was in Oxford.
Which influenced the creation of other universities? Ever heard of follow the leader? Also, Bologna produced Copernicus and Marconi.

>See
There was no stagnation you imbecile. Your post doesn't prove anything.

>Like I said, France got rekt by the Hundred Years War (and the Plague).
And they accepted Italian ideas open armed.

>They ruined Greece, and nearly ruined the West. Fortunately the West overcame Italian faggotry thanks to France and Britain, but only after 300 years of Italian dark ages.
Greece was long past it's prime by the time the Romans set foot on the place.
>>
File: 1490536955094.jpg (29KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
1490536955094.jpg
29KB, 208x206px
>>2592507
He thinks some medieval scientific works being lost over time because of the black plague = stagnation. That's a really stupid thing to say. The Renaissance produced great scientists like Leonardo Da Vinci, Gerolamo Cardano, Lodovico Ferrari, Tartaglia, Luca Pacioli, Matteo Ricci, Aloysius Lilius, Copernicus, Tycho Brahe, Kepler, Galileo, etc.
>>
>>2590823
Reminder that post-impression is just a ripoff of what Rembrandt had already done 250 years earlier.
>>
>>2592203
If I were Italian I would have killed myself after reading this
>>
>>2592503
Nobles used to bind the head as it grew so it became elongated. White people!
>>
File: Enrico Fermi chalkboard_0.jpg (331KB, 1200x920px) Image search: [Google]
Enrico Fermi chalkboard_0.jpg
331KB, 1200x920px
>>2592666
t. envious snownigger barbarian who didn't read the rest of the thread

You can't talk shit about Italian history besides bad performance in wars (result of the failure to industrialize efficiently due to lack of natural resources). Nordcucks don't even have any modern scientist as important as Enrico Fermi besides Niels Bohr (which was a Jew). They only have meme Nobel prizes that they give to themselves while jerking each other like the fags they are.
>>
>>2592691
>WE
>>
File: 140295280033.jpg (2MB, 2000x3623px) Image search: [Google]
140295280033.jpg
2MB, 2000x3623px
>>2592698
>WIR
>>
>>2592675
do you believe yourself
>>
File: 1486540181580.jpg (210KB, 800x514px) Image search: [Google]
1486540181580.jpg
210KB, 800x514px
>>2592712
>>
>>2592720
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_cranial_deformation
>>
File: kek.jpg (1MB, 1891x1715px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
1MB, 1891x1715px
>>2592721
>>
File: 1481906892522.png (2MB, 1600x897px) Image search: [Google]
1481906892522.png
2MB, 1600x897px
>>2592732
>>
>>2590465
Both is HRE art.
>>
File: 1488197593033.jpg (1MB, 1098x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1488197593033.jpg
1MB, 1098x1707px
>>2592739
>>
File: himmler mudhuts.jpg (64KB, 494x211px) Image search: [Google]
himmler mudhuts.jpg
64KB, 494x211px
>>2592750
>>
File: 1487804720451.png (2MB, 1154x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1487804720451.png
2MB, 1154x1160px
>>2592755
>>
File: 1489585014500.jpg (175KB, 938x844px) Image search: [Google]
1489585014500.jpg
175KB, 938x844px
>>2592768
>>
File: stormfag logic.jpg (102KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
stormfag logic.jpg
102KB, 500x500px
>>2592776
>>
File: german_autism.png (1MB, 1606x1109px) Image search: [Google]
german_autism.png
1MB, 1606x1109px
>>2592783
>>
File: 1488150557258.png (394KB, 346x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1488150557258.png
394KB, 346x1133px
>>2592791
>>
>>2592768

the right looks like it was built by cavemen

the left looks like it was built by tool users
>>
File: snownigger_art.jpg (471KB, 1400x1108px) Image search: [Google]
snownigger_art.jpg
471KB, 1400x1108px
>>2592797
>>
>>2592783
rome and greeks weren't western
EVROPA only awakened more after them

I mean italians and greeks are western now and have been for a long ass time but that's not how things wuz in antiquity
>>
File: 1488230661333.jpg (446KB, 1771x613px) Image search: [Google]
1488230661333.jpg
446KB, 1771x613px
>>2592802
Kek, that's only using the Northern Amerindians for comparison. It would get too humiliating for Nordcucks if you used anyone down south.
>>
File: we wuz vikangs.jpg (165KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
we wuz vikangs.jpg
165KB, 1000x600px
>>2592817
>>
File: 1433681113588.jpg (93KB, 378x481px) Image search: [Google]
1433681113588.jpg
93KB, 378x481px
>>2592831
>>
File: 1488826501300.png (127KB, 520x460px) Image search: [Google]
1488826501300.png
127KB, 520x460px
>>2592840
>>
File: 1488826543900.png (131KB, 594x514px) Image search: [Google]
1488826543900.png
131KB, 594x514px
>>2592853
>>
File: 1488827117755.png (147KB, 520x574px) Image search: [Google]
1488827117755.png
147KB, 520x574px
>>2592861
>>
File: 1476854120322.jpg (86KB, 760x528px) Image search: [Google]
1476854120322.jpg
86KB, 760x528px
>>2592866
>>
File: swedeswerealwayscucks.jpg (42KB, 597x232px) Image search: [Google]
swedeswerealwayscucks.jpg
42KB, 597x232px
>>2592877
How could I forget about this one. It's one of the best.

Ok, that's it for now.
>>
Holy shit you guys are obsessed
>>
At least we developed great men such as Thomas Hobbes, Rousseau, Voltaire, Louis XIV, then women such as Elizabeth I, Georgiana Cavendish, Madame Du Pompadour, the list can go on.
>>
>>2592549
>great scientists like Leonardo Da Vinci

Spot the drooling moron
>>
>>2592481
Napoleon was as French as it gets.

>muh Mediterranean
What do you think France is shithead?
>>
>>2592504

>History is one of conquest and dominance and very few groups match up to the Romans in that regard.
Not really, history is at least as much about culture and philosophy, science and technology. But even in conquest Rome was completely mediocre. Its one impactful achievement, and the reason Rome became so overrated, is that it conquered barbarian Gauls and Britons thus bringing them into contact with Hellenic civilisation, and that those regions happened to become the heart of Western civilisation much later. There are dozens of empires with more impressive conquests, including any given West European nation (except Italy of course).

>Hell, even at Chalons they were fearsome with Aetius which landed them another "victory".
Chalons was a complete humiliation for the Romans, who just stood there like useless faggots getting ignored by the Huns and the Germanics fighting each other.

>Usage of it dates back to the Egyptians.
Doubt it but good that we now agree that it wasn't invented by Romans.

>They spread christianity
lol no, they sure as fuck didn't "spread Christianity", Christianity spread within Rome despite the Romans' pathetic and desperately brutal efforts to stop it. Christianity was first spread beyond the borders of Rome much later by the Franks.

>Byzantine? You mean Roman.
No, I mean Byzantine, the Greek speaking empire centered on Greece and Anatolia which had jack shit to do with Italy. And no it was never used.
>>
>>2592507

>And yet most medical terms are latin.
Most medical terms are Greek. Which either way is completely unrelated to the laughable travesty that was Roman "medicine". Even while desperately goalpost shifting you keep losing points, better take a dive Luigi.

>Those great Germans/French looked up to the Romans.
Yes, looking up to an inferior is the very definition of overrated, that's literally what I've been saying.

>Which influenced the creation of other universities?
Nope. The University of Paris had no connection to Bologna, it was created out of the cathedral school of Notre Dame. The cathedral schools were originally founded by Charlemagne.

>There was no stagnation you imbecile.
Name one relevant Italian Renaissance scientist. inb4 a walltext of literally who Faggotto Faggottinis nobody has ever heard of whose combined achievement is translating some ancient shit from Greek.

>And they accepted Italian ideas open armed.
Thus ushering in a dark age for human progress, yes that's what I said.

>Greece was long past it's prime by the time the Romans set foot on the place.
Some of the greatest Greek minds like Archimedes or Eratosthenes lived around 200 BC, right when Rome came to dominate the Hellenic world, thus plunging it into eternal darkness.
>>
File: 1422500328860.jpg (345KB, 1306x972px) Image search: [Google]
1422500328860.jpg
345KB, 1306x972px
>>2592712
>>2592721
>>2592732
>>2592739
>>2592750
>>2592755
>>2592768
>>2592776
>>2592783
>>2592791
>>2592797
>>2592803
>>2592817
>>2592831
>>2592840
>>2592853
>>2592861
>>2592866
>>2592877
>>2592887

Kek, what a mental breakdown of epic proportions.

They don't call you guys /his/tronics for nothing.
>>
>>2592278
>You need a codex to have law

Fucking contrarian
>>
>>2593920

t. Otto Von Fritzenburg
>>
>tfw jewish shills are trying to divide the white race

feels bad man
>>
>>2593470
Progress isn't possible without conquest and war. European history should at least give you that indication. The reason Greece was so great was because the city states competed with each other, likewise, the Romans competed with everyone else to get their successes. I'll say it the last time, those technological scientific and cultural achievements Europe got would not have been possible with Roman conquest.

Also, the barbarians weren't as shitty as you thought. They had iron weapons, used organization and had the numerical and geographic advantage. Read up on what Caesar did at Gaul, any historian worth their salt would say that it was nothing short of genius. Nice try swepping aside Carthage as well when they had the best military general of antiquity aside from Caesar. If they were mediocre as you say they were they wouldn't have held their own against the Parthians either.

Chalons was not humilation. Did you read up on the battle? It wasn't a short term victory but it allowed the Romans to survive longer. The battle in fact put a huge blow to the Huns which contributed to their later defeat. Rome fell not because of the battles they lost, but because of incompotent emperors among other reasons. Once again, quit cherry picking their losses at their worst and see the greater picture; their centuries long pax romana. Even Napoleon gave praise to Caesar.

Nope, they made it possible for christianity to come out of the Levant. The cultural practices of Rome would fuse into christianity which wouldn't be possible without the common man. Their hegemony made it possible. It doesn't matter that the elite and emperors didn't like it. Frank itself was a Roman province so I wonder how christianity got there...

Don't use that stupid "Byzantines weren't Roman!" Shit. All of their enemies and even themselves called them Roman.
Remember Justinian? The faggot that desperately wanted Italy back so the Roman empire can be full again.
>>
>>2594577
Most terms aren't in Greek. It's split pretty well, which doesn't debunk my claim.

>looking up to someone who you modeled your entire society on.
I guess the French and Germans are inferior to your definition.

Also.
>ignoring the loads of italian scientists simply because they aren't the next Ptolemy.

>Some of the greatest Greek minds like Archimedes or Eratosthenes lived around 200 BC, right when Rome came to dominate the Hellenic world, thus plunging it into eternal darkness.
There is no correlation
>>
>>2592203
BAIT. Fibonacci of Pisa was well known from the middle ages and he was Italian. Galileo was Italian. Several Italian scientists proved germ theory before the fact in the 1500s and 1600s and the emigration of soldiers and military officers to other European armies touched off advances in military science (artillery, telescopy, topography and stuff like that).
>>
>>2594577
>Progress isn't possible without conquest and war. European history should at least give you that indication.
>I'll say it the last time, those technological scientific and cultural achievements Europe got would not have been possible with Roman conquest.
There's more science being published nowadays than ever before, despite the world being the safest than ever before.
>>
>>2594629
tbf, in his defense you could argue that the modern practice of science only became possible through conquest. Africa, the Americas and South America and Asia only became accessible because of centuries of incremental improvements in ship design, conquests that opened up vast swathes of land which naturalists and other scientists could collect data from nature and process it into theories. How do you think Darwin and his contemporaries, for example, debated about the origins of species? It was because naturalists had thousands of specimens from all over the world, which Darwin himself inspected and then augmented with his own voyages in America. The same can be said about the discovery of the causes of tropical diseases, ideas of geography and so on and so forth. We also can't forget that the advances in weaponry and steam power (which by the way was refined on the worksite over 50 years, not in a scientist's laboratory) that also helped to advance Europe's global hegemony. besides that, Southern economy provided the raw material for Britain's industrial revolution, without which the revolution in academic science would have been a lot slower. Then there's the sugar and coffee that was transplanted into america and can be said to literally gave the brainpower and manpower to industrial workers doing long hours. These same crops were also responsible for the rise of capitalist structures as well. Colonialism and the advance of science are inseparable desu
>>
>>2594672
but to conclude, it may be more effective to argue that since conquest was at its core a way to expand markets, exploit labor and discover new commodities, mercantile capitalism was responsible for the scientific revolution.
>>
>>2592237
>Galileo discovered precisely nothing in physics.
Are you sure? He discovered the physics behind the pendulum didn't he?
>>
>>2592255
>medicine
I agree for the most part with your post, but the adherence to Aristotle's, Hippocrates' and most especially Galen's medical ideas set back medicine until the 1800s basically. People were still getting bled into the late 1800s ffs because humor theory hadn't died out.
>>
>>2590692
How did ppl make such deep uniform black colours?
>>
>>2592278
>As for Christianity, the Romans would throw the Christians into arenas to be eaten by lions
spooked af if you still believe this myth in the current year
>Ancient Romans did not have civil law, that meme is based on the Byzantine codex of Justinian
elaborate pls

>lol Bologna?
absolutely essential to the advancement of legal theory in europe. gratian, accursius and others advanced legal theory by leaps and bounds, which in turn was necessary for the formation of church and secular administrations in Europe, which in turn laid the basis for the state and scientific institutions
>>
File: europe.jpg (4MB, 4500x2879px) Image search: [Google]
europe.jpg
4MB, 4500x2879px
>>2593470
>>2593475
>>2594577
Go back to your mudhut already, you butthurt nordcuck subhuman. You already admitted you weren't even French. You are probably some buttmad Swedish snownigger mad that Mediterraneans have accomplished more than your pathetic cuckold race will ever do in it's existence. The history of Greece and Italy is connected because of Magna Graecia and Greeks and Italians have similar genetics, so get fucked. You are the one who doesn't have any claim to greatness. You will not be missed once the Africans and Muslims replace you.
>>
>>2594430
That's literally what civil law means. Law based on a codex.
>>
>>2592732
i live in scandinavia, its disgusting. Mostly due to socialism and the brainwash of government, just look at ikea furniture, its straight and bland...
swedes like stuff thats "clean", because theyre so dirty and cant master anything else beside straight lines, you should see the art in the metros in stockholm, shits awful all of it, beside the train station "kungstragården" which looks mediterranian.
>>
>>2594728
cont.
>>2592449
>As already explained, "Roman law" is the name given by Westerners to the codex of Justinian, which only ever inspired actual codes of law in the West, and only very sporadically until the Napoleon codex was written and spread across Europe. For fuck's sake I'm sure you can read all about that on Wikipedia.
Absolutely wrong. The Codex was a condensation and reorganization of centuries of classical Roman legal theory. It was an abridgement of sorts and its rearrangement produced different results, but there's no denying that it was Roman in essence. The rediscovery of the Codex in the 1000s or so was monumental. Without it ideas of law might well have been set back a thousand years until some new empire created reproduced some of the ideas found in the Codex. For this reason, scholars quite literally thought the law code sacred, as indispensable as the Bible itself. Several generations of Glossators in Bologna would make copies of the code and proceeded to autistically analyze every single word of that code, of course reinterpreting ideas because of how Justinians officials reorganized and cut a lot of the material away. But Bologna being the legal capital of Europe for centuries, the thousands of students from all over Europe that descended on the city had the Codex as their central text of study, BUT mediated through Accursius, the crowning achievement of the Glossator tradition in Bologne. In fact the code came to be known as "Accursius' Gloss" because it was thought that you couldn't interpret the Codex without Accursius' marginal commentary.
>>
File: 1471288094376.jpg (501KB, 1070x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1471288094376.jpg
501KB, 1070x1070px
>>2594803
Stop giving attention to the nordcuck. It's obvious he's trying to troll very hard now, although it looks like he has genuine inferiority complex towards Meds.
>>
>>2594577

>The reason Greece was so great was because the city states competed with each other
There were plenty of other situations like that which did not produce anything comparable to Greek success, and in fact during the Classical era of Greek history significant achievements were concentrated in Athens.

>I'll say it the last time, those technological scientific and cultural achievements Europe got would not have been possible with Roman conquest.
I'll say it the third time, and at this rate probably not the last, the fact that Rome spread Hellenic civilisation to Western Europe is precisely its one notable achievement, like I've been saying from the start.

>quit cherry picking their losses
The point is Roman military formations are irrelevant. Are we using them today? Are we using anything based on them? No, so they're not a contribution.

>Nope, they made it possible for christianity to come out of the Levant.
You mean by being incredibly shit at all their desperate attempts to stop it? lol. Actually crediting the Romans for failing to keep a Middle Eastern cult from completely destroying their own religion and civilisation, that's got to be a new low.

>Don't use that stupid "Byzantines weren't Roman!" Shit.
lmao, are you actually WEWUZING Constantinople as Italian now? Yet another new low.
>>
File: F2_large.jpg (103KB, 1280x547px) Image search: [Google]
F2_large.jpg
103KB, 1280x547px
>>2594817
Greeks and Italians are Mediterranean brothers. Fuck off subhuman.
>>
>>2594580

>which doesn't debunk my claim
I have no idea what your claim is. But you clearly moved on from your original claim which was that Roman medicine is some kind of great achievement, so I see we both agree that's complete bullshit.

>I guess the French and Germans are inferior to your definition.
What? When everyone looks up to someone but that someone is actually an incompetent useless shit, then that someone is overrated.

>the loads of italian scientists
top kek, yeah, like... uh...

>There is no correlation
There literally is a correlation. Maybe what you were trying to say is that there is no causation, but I think there may in fact be a causal link between Archimedes getting a Roman sword shoved through the heart and Archimedes dying. Or between the fact that Rome produced absolutely nothing of value in science (or art or philosophy...) and that all those things died in the Hellenic world just as it got overtaken by Rome.
>>
File: 1487448537707.jpg (30KB, 287x235px) Image search: [Google]
1487448537707.jpg
30KB, 287x235px
>>2594842
>>
>>2594608
Fibonacci made absolutely no original contribution to Mathematics, all he did was write a book about Indian Mathematics. Galileo as explained above simply copied medieval textbooks.

Translating foreign books, the high point of Italian "science".
>>
>>2594817
>Are we using anything based on them? No, so they're not a contribution.
See: the rediscovery of Vegetius in Renaissance Italy and its impact on warfare. Vegetius' manual served as the template for military theory until Clausewitz surpassed it in the 1820s.

I'm also pretty sure people study Roman campaigns in military school.

>Actually crediting the Romans for failing to keep a Middle Eastern cult from completely destroying their own religion and civilisation, that's got to be a new low.
Early Roman persecution is a meme, though it did within the next few centuries until Constantine and eventually making Christianity the official religion. It's a matter of debate whether Constantine saw Christianity as a rising force because by that time Christians were still in the minority I'm pretty sure. Christian churches being allowed to organize was a major step toward the institutionalization and spread of Christianity. This was all within the context of the late Empire so Christianity as it existed is inseparable from Roman history.
>>
>>2594739
Italy is Sweden tier irrelevant, except Swedes didn't repeatedly set back human progress by centuries by being incredibly arrogant assholes.
>>
>>2594873
>for military theory
I guess I meant military writing.
>>
>>2592300
Translators note:
I'm an wrong and have been caught in the act of spreading falsehoods (sic).
>>
File: 1482037645776.jpg (257KB, 634x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1482037645776.jpg
257KB, 634x1043px
>>2594864
What contributions did your pathetic cuck race made during the Middle Ages besides raping and killing innocent coastal villagers and selling Europeans as slaves to Arabs?
>>
>>2594803
Justinian compiled a bunch of elements of ancient Roman custom law into a codex. The codex part is what is the foundation of civil law, not the origin of the actual laws within it, which are not at all the ones we used today. Ancient Roman law was absolutely not codex-based and thus not civil law in any way shape or form.
>>
>>2594837
>trying to leech off the achievements of other people based on muh haploshits masdurr race genetics

I'd tell you to go back to /pol/ but that may be too high brow for you.
>>
>>2592449
>*crying*
*crying sounds*
>*more crying*
*crying with temper tantrums*
>*crying about tactics*
*continues to not understand what formations are for; also crying*
>*cries reach a fever pitch*
*crying has reached a climax of butt blastedness and falsehoods that will make any Slav worth his salt proud*
>>
File: dumb_snowniggers.jpg (395KB, 2348x1154px) Image search: [Google]
dumb_snowniggers.jpg
395KB, 2348x1154px
>>2594892
>leech off the achievements

Magna Graecia was literally inside the Italian peninsula and Sicily and Italians from those regions have strong affinities to Southern Greeks and Greek islanders.

Now fuck off. Go get beheaded by Ahmed while watching a Somali rape your girlfriend, Sven.
>>
>>2594885
British and French achievements were already explained here: >>2592203

The only other peoples who played a notable role in laying the foundation for what the French and British built are the Greeks, and perhaps the Jews for elaborating Christianity.

Italians on the other hand have contributed nothing of value to mankind.
>>
>>2594837
>>2594860
>>2594881
>>2594885
>>2594909
>>2594912
>quality shitalian debating skills

Literally nigger tier, just like your country.
>>
>>2594887
Of course, the act of compilation itself did have a major impact on interpretation, but it's undeniable that the Codex was a product of Roman Law, even though there's some issues of veracity of one or another part (and I don't think this exists really). At the very least, the Codex was a treasure trove of raw material that medieval scholars mined for legal ideas and interpretations for centuries. It's inevitable the legal ideas evolve and can be applied out of context, but the act of engagement with a text from another era with ideas and concepts far different from one's own is bound to produce critical thought. And I think this was the case with the Codex.
>>
>>2594923
>Giving me the privilege of being as a high a being as an Italian
I'm sorry but I'm an Albanian
>>
File: 1477850011455.jpg (163KB, 633x568px) Image search: [Google]
1477850011455.jpg
163KB, 633x568px
>>2594916
>uppity snownigger trying to troll while hiding his obvious inferiority complex

That's hilarious. Please keep with it. Nobody is taking you serious, just like the 'civilization' you produced.
>>
>>2594864
>Galileo translated Medieval books for research.

I could point out that he was the first to theorize that you could not feel Earth spinning around because you are on it and it's way heavier and bigger, so you barely noticed. No Medieval author ever said this.

I could point out he was the One that laid out how to prove scientific theories.

I could point out he managed to design a room thermometer and was the first to do so.

But you seem more interested in saying Italy is shit because One of your bullies in School was Italian or something, so I Will leave this here.
>>
>>2594927
>Ancient Roman law was absolutely not codex-based and thus not civil law in any way shape or form.
Ancient roman law was literally called "civil law" (ius civiles), i.e. law applied to Roman citizens, it doesn't have anything to do with the means by which the law is recorded and executed.
>>
>>2594927
>the Codex was a treasure trove of raw material that medieval scholars mined for legal ideas and interpretations for centuries
Yes, because medieval law was a (to us) very curious exercise in archaeology. Roman laws were still considered valid, and thus lawyers would dig out some ancient Roman law and use it as a legal argument.

But this is obviously extremely different from the way we conceive of law today, either as based largely on judicial practice (common law, which appeared independently in Angevin England), or as being a strictly codified and unique text, to be modified only by parliament (civil law). Law is fixed democratically and set in stone, radically different from the law being something ethereal to be "discovered".
>>
>>2594923
* بكاء*
>>
>>2594570
But anon, we ARE the white race!
>>
>>2594916
>Laying the foundation of what France and England built required no Italy.

In the same way Iceland was necessary forum the USA to exist AKA not at all.

Without Italy, there is exactly zero Need forum France to ho to war against Spain in 1500. Without Italian bankers, England could have only bend over and eat shit in the Hundred's Years War. Without Caterina De' Medici, France would be divided in two halves, if not more.
>>
>>2594948

>he was the first to theorize that you could not feel Earth spinning around because you are on it and it's way heavier and bigger, so you barely noticed
lol that's not at all the reason why we can't feel Earth spinning. We can't feel the Earth spinning just like we can't feel a train moving if it runs smoothly at constant speed and we can't look outside. It's a consequence of inertia and momentum, which ironically were already discovered by Buridan, though it seems that Galileo missed that part since it was only Newton who finally rediscovered them.

>I could point out he was the One that laid out how to prove scientific theories.
If you mean inductive reasoning then that would be Francis Bacon.

>I could point out he managed to design a room thermometer and was the first to do so.
He was not the first to do so, and the principle was already known by the Greeks, and probably already created by Hero of Alexandria.

>One of your bullies in School was Italian or something
>Italian bullying anyone
All of my keks
>>
File: vikings BTFO.jpg (363KB, 1532x763px) Image search: [Google]
vikings BTFO.jpg
363KB, 1532x763px
>>2595002
>still responding to him seriously

He's not even French or British. He's an irrelevant Scandinavian snownigger with an inferiority complex.
>>
>>2595002
So, Italians start wars? That's Italy's contribution to the world?
>>
File: comfy med.jpg (53KB, 642x579px) Image search: [Google]
comfy med.jpg
53KB, 642x579px
>>2595025
Better than raping and killing innocent coastal villagers or selling them as slaves to Muslims.
>>
>>2594958
>Roman laws were still considered valid, and thus lawyers would dig out some ancient Roman law and use it as a legal argument.
The same could be said for common law. Until the 1500s (and probably beyond) common law was downright esoteric; only lawyers in the inns of courts were versed in it and they pulled the same tricks as lawyers in the roman law tradition of mainland Europe. And more besides, lawyers in England also came under the sway of principles derived from the Codex. The same can be said for the entire Catholic church, under which Gratian harmonized the glossator tradition and papal decretals (decrees) to create canon law; which was also indispensable to the structure and conduct of the Catholic Church for centuries to come. There's also no denying that the "Roman" law displaced customary or oral law in Germany entirely, which was much to the advantage of the German princes as it gave them a monopoly on law and so facilitated the centralization of their administrations. It's also a fact that customary and roman law were woven together in the Netherlands and France. Spanish theorists in international law and Dutch ones (particularly Grotius) relied on Roman law.

Sidenote: incidentally english common law as first conceived by the king and his counsellors heavily resembled the practice of ancient roman law.
>>
>>2595052
>english common law as first conceived by the king and his counsellors heavily resembled the practice of ancient roman law
See, this is true on the other hand, law as practiced by the ancient Romans was far more similar to common law than to civil law.

However I don't think there's a link between the two, as far as I know English common law emerged independently without being in any way inspired by ancient Roman law (and yes again I'm talking about the system of practice, not the individual particular laws).
>>
>>2595070
Yes I meant the same. Common law did arise independently in England but its fascinating that its practice was carried out very much like the ancient romans did.
>>
File: 1463186847200.png (4MB, 1778x2014px) Image search: [Google]
1463186847200.png
4MB, 1778x2014px
I'm sorry I thought this bootyblasted snownegro was French before, Frenchbros. I was directing my insults at the wrong ethnicity. French and Italians recognize that both had a strong influence on each other.
>>
so how many of you are actually Australian?
>>
>>2595132
USA here.

t. the guy who caused this pastanigger's anal explosion
>>
>>2594817
>There were plenty of other situations like that which did not produce anything comparable to Greek success, and in fact during the Classical era of Greek history significant achievements were concentrated in Athens.
Because compared to other situations, the Greeks had the resources and knowledge from nearby civilizations. The competing part enabled those achievements to be done once the base from which those accomplishment came from was done. Also, while Athens may have been the most important, figures like Homer, Alexander and Ptolemy weren't born in Athens. Even the fucking Olympics wasn't a Athens thing. Many of Greece's folktales and myth came from western Anatolia.

>I'll say it the third time, and at this rate probably not the last, the fact that Rome spread Hellenic civilisation to Western Europe is precisely its one notable achievement, like I've been saying from the start.
>it's one notable achievement
I will not retype what I already have said and because you're a lazy fuck.
http://www.ancient.eu/Roman_Engineering/
http://www.crystalinks.com/romescience.html
>b-but the Romans never invented as much as the Greeks.

>The point is Roman military formations are irrelevant. Are we using them today? Are we using anything based on them? No, so they're not a contribution.
>contribution
We're talking about achievements, which the Romans had plenty of in the battlefield, don't change the subject.
For the record, tell that to Napoleon and other generals who looked up to Caesar and learned and studied his tactics. Literally one of his "great captains".
And just like everyone else in antiquity, military tactics of ancient times aren't used anymore. The difference is that those Roman military accomplishments paved way for the modern world. Also: http://www.businessinsider.com/kiev-riot-police-use-roman-tactics-2014-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8LiQFnkuJY
Seems pretty useful for riot police.
>>
>>2595152
>You mean by being incredibly shit at all their desperate attempts to stop it? lol. Actually crediting the Romans for failing to keep a Middle Eastern cult from completely destroying their own religion and civilisation, that's got to be a new low.
It does not change the fact that the Romans were ultimately responsible in the spread. The intent doesn't matter. Also, like I said Roman culture would later influence Christianity showing how the populace would embrace it. Also, Christianity was not the sole reason for the collapse of the Romans. Constantine was not Charlemagne, their religion didn't get destroyed, it just got replaced as no one forced them to accept Christ.

>lmao, are you actually WEWUZING Constantinople as Italian now? Yet another new low.
Those same Greeks also we wuz'd (rightfully so) as Romans. "Byzantine" didn't come as a term until after the empire collapsed. Why the fuck are you blatantly ignoring the fact that the Byzantines THEMSELVES thought they were Roman.

>I have no idea what your claim is. But you clearly moved on from your original claim which was that Roman medicine is some kind of great achievement, so I see we both agree that's complete bullshit.
I see you're still stuck with the achievement == invention thought process. Every invention is an accomplishment but not every achievement is an invention. The fact of the matter is that while Roman medicine wasn't revolutionary, it absolutely worked given it was just an import of Greek ideas and they successfully applied it. You also have people like Galen who made strides is medical practices in Rome.

>What? When everyone looks up to someone but that someone is actually an incompetent useless shit, then that someone is overrated.
The Romans were absolutely not an incompetent useless shit, you disingenuous faggot my whole argument revolves around this. I pulled the French and Germans precisely because they themselves recognize the fact that the Romans were great.
>>
>>2595155
>top kek, yeah, like... uh...
I see reading isn't your forte. >>2592549
And I already brought up Copernicus and Marconi. Also, outside the renaissance you have Italians like Fernini who kicked started the nuclear age.

>There literally is a correlation. Maybe what you were trying to say is that there is no causation, but I think there may in fact be a causal link between Archimedes getting a Roman sword shoved through the heart and Archimedes dying. Or between the fact that Rome produced absolutely nothing of value in science (or art or philosophy...) and that all those things died in the Hellenic world just as it got overtaken by Rome.
Because the existence of Ptolemy and Galen proves you wrong in thinking the Romans stopped Greek progress.

>Or between the fact that Rome produced absolutely nothing of value in science (or art or philosophy...)
For fucks sake, it should be a bannable offence to lie like this.

http://www.ancient-literature.com/rome.html
http://www.crystalinks.com/romeart.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meditations
>>
>>2595152

>figures like Homer, Alexander and Ptolemy weren't born in Athens.
Those aren't from the Classical period.

In the Hellenistic period the intellectual centre of the Greek world shifted to Alexandria.

>>b-but the Romans never invented as much as the Greeks.
So far you haven't even managed to cite one single thing that the Romans actually invented. Not one.

>We're talking about achievements, which the Romans had plenty of in the battlefield
No, we're talking about contributions to mankind, advancements. That is achievements in science or culture. A "dark age" is an age without scientific or cultural progress, certainly not an age without war or battles.
>>
File: 1482030225055.png (533KB, 826x896px) Image search: [Google]
1482030225055.png
533KB, 826x896px
>>2595152
>>2595155
>>2595157
>still responding to him seriously

Holy shit man, just post pics making fun of nordcucks or something. That's the only way to "argue" with him at this point. It's clear he's just trolling.
>>
>>2595155

>It does not change the fact that the Romans were ultimately responsible in the spread.
By being incredibly incompetent shits. Noted.

>Those same Greeks also we wuz'd (rightfully so) as Romans.
And that makes them Italian? lmao

>The fact of the matter is that while Roman medicine wasn't revolutionary, it absolutely worked given it was just an import of Greek ideas and they successfully applied it. You also have people like Galen who made strides is medical practices in Rome.
Maybe bleeding people for a fever is still common practice in Italy, that would explain your posts.

>I pulled the French and Germans precisely because they themselves recognize the fact that the Romans were great.
And they were completely wrong. Hence "OVERRATED", although that's an understatement.
>>
>>2595157

>I see reading isn't your forte. >>2592549
You cited Leonardo Da Vinci as a great scientist. That alone disqualifies you from this entire board.

>Because the existence of Ptolemy and Galen proves you wrong in thinking the Romans stopped Greek progress.
Ptolemy lived in Alexandria before the Romans conquered it, and as I mentioned before Galen may still be the standard of medicine in Italy, but in the rest of the world he has long been dismissed as complete horseshit.

>For fucks sake, it should be a bannable offence to lie like this.
And yet you still haven't been able to cite a single thing.
>>
File: 1461272903742.jpg (1MB, 4289x2834px) Image search: [Google]
1461272903742.jpg
1MB, 4289x2834px
>>2595186
The only truly overrated people in history were snownigger Vikangz who were shit eating illiterate barbarians only good at pillaging small towns and raping, killing and enslaving innocent villagers. Turko-Mongols are a much more interesting warrior culture than them.
>>
File: Leonardo-Robot3.jpg (272KB, 1370x1370px) Image search: [Google]
Leonardo-Robot3.jpg
272KB, 1370x1370px
>>2595192
>this nigger

I have to admit you're rustling my jummies a little with your faggotry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_and_inventions_of_Leonardo_da_Vinci
>>
>>2595175
>Those aren't from the Classical period. In the Hellenistic period the intellectual centre of the Greek world shifted to Alexandria.
The scope shouldn't be limited to the classical era, we were arguing about ancient Greece.

>So far you haven't even managed to cite one single thing that the Romans actually invented. Not one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7tvauOJMHo
The aquaduct which I mentioned many posts ago. Also, why are you ignoring the links I gave you? They cite directly the stuff the Romans innovated or done.

>No, we're talking about contributions to mankind, advancements. That is achievements in science or culture. A "dark age" is an age without scientific or cultural progress, certainly not an age without war or battles.
Once again you don't understand the meaning of the word achievements. If they accomplished and even perfected concepts and ideas then that's good enough. Don't try to twist the meaning of the word "dark age" the Roman era is at all not comparable to the actually dark ages of Europe or the bronze age collapse.

>By being incredibly incompetent shits. Noted.
Constantine says hi.

>And that makes them Italian? lmao
I never argued that they were Italian, but that they were Roman.

>Maybe bleeding people for a fever is still common practice in Italy, that would explain your posts.
Nice strawman.

>And they were completely wrong. Hence "OVERRATED", although that's an understatement.
They were not for the reasons stated.

>You cited Leonardo Da Vinci as a great scientist. That alone disqualifies you from this entire board.
I'm not the same person but Da Vinci isn't really a scientist but the other sure are.

>And yet you still haven't been able to cite a single thing.
Did you even look at a single citation that I sent you?
>>
File: Leonardo_Amboise_Automobile.jpg (851KB, 1280x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Leonardo_Amboise_Automobile.jpg
851KB, 1280x1085px
>>2595236
>Da Vinci isn't really a scientist

He's a shitton of things. "Scientist" is one of them too. Don't be stupid like him. Brunelleschi also technically a scientist since his invention of linear perspective revolutionized basically every single field, not just art.
>>
>>2595216
yfw you realize leonard is a glorified court jester
>>
File: 1480478959763.jpg (55KB, 641x578px) Image search: [Google]
1480478959763.jpg
55KB, 641x578px
>>2595274
The best one that there ever was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jBkwCWxaic
>>
>>2595144
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA US USAUSUAUSA
>>
>>2595144
Explains your lack of an education
Make me a burger, Sinatra
>>
Holy shit, will Italians ever recover from this thread?
>>
>>2595236

>The scope shouldn't be limited to the classical era, we were arguing about ancient Greece.
You were talking about the time when Greek city-states were in competition. That's the Classical Era. Do you even remember what you talk about?

>The aquaduct which I mentioned many posts ago.
Was already used by the Minoans and Assyrians long before Rome.

>Also, why are you ignoring the links I gave you?
Because you should learn to use your words.

>then that's good enough
Well if bringing human progress to a grinding halt is "good enough" for you then who am I to argue.

>Constantine says hi.
Constantine didn't spread Christianity. He surrendered to it.

>I never argued that they were Italian, but that they were Roman.
This thread is about Italians.

>Nice strawman.
I literally described Galen ie Roman medicine.

>Da Vinci isn't really a scientist but the other sure are.
The others are all either not Italian or literally whos.

>Did you even look at a single citation that I sent you?
No.
>>
File: its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>>2595502
>>2595533
>>
File: l04he.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
l04he.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
The amount of shitalian rekage and buttdevastation ITT is amazing
>>
File: 1393314432766.jpg (75KB, 624x479px) Image search: [Google]
1393314432766.jpg
75KB, 624x479px
>>2595632
>tfw you're not even trying to hide you're samefagging massively ITT
>using the same fucking pictures and speech patterns as you did in that other thread with your sockpuppets

I know you're just an autistic troll, but what's your beef with Italy, really? There's gotta be some buttangery or inferiority complex hidden between those layers of faggotry and autism.
>>
>>2595681
I'm not the Anon throatfucking you ITT although I remember you from that other thread, but here I'm just enjoying watching you get rekt into oblivion for all your laughable fatposting
>>
>>2595681
Tbh I never realized before this thread just how worthless Italy is.
>>
the state of nordcucks
>>
>>2590767
>wanting to look like shitty helenophile art
>>
>>2590788
>a lot of that stuff is allegorical

It's pretty gimmicky though. Like an easter egg hunt.
>>
File: 1481406575485.png (894KB, 1048x745px) Image search: [Google]
1481406575485.png
894KB, 1048x745px
>>2595706
>>2595714
Not even trying.

It's obvious you're just a single lifeless autist doing this out of boredom.
>>
>>2592220
>>2592237
>accomplishment
'muh stem' isn't accomplishment.
>>
>>2595533
>You were talking about the time when Greek city-states were in competition. That's the Classical Era. Do you even remember what you talk about?
The period before and after were important for competition as well. The pre classical period set the foundations for what was to come and the Hellenistic period saw a similar growth in prosperity after Alexander died with cities like Alexandria and Antioch. I mean seriously, the first Olympics occurred before the classical period. Simply put, like the classical era, Greece's prosperity doesn't hinge on a single location but multiple.

>Was already used by the Minoans and Assyrians long before Rome.
Neither of which influenced the Romans to build them. It also isn't surprising that they raised a new standard for not only the aqueduct but for other technologies as well.

>Because you should learn to use your words.
I brought evidence to support my claims you know, like an actual argument. You asked me for citations which I provided. If you want spoon feeding then fine:
>They developed materials and techniques that revolutionized bridge and aqueducts’ construction, perfected ancient weapons and developed new ones, while inventing machines that harnessed the power of water. Roman engineering accomplishments generated much wealth and prosperity, improving the daily lives of Romans and helping Rome maintain its dominance in Europe and the Mediterranean for centuries.

>The Romans also made major advancements in sanitation. Romans were particularly famous for their public baths, called thermae, which were used for both hygienic and social purposes. Many Roman houses came to have flush toilets and indoor plumbing, and a complex sewer system, the Cloaca Maxima, was used to drain the local marshes and carry waste into the Tiber river.
http://www.crystalinks.com/romescience.html
There's even a table at the very bottom that shows inventions from the Romans, but I bet you didn't know that.
>>
>>2595755
>Well if bringing human progress to a grinding halt is "good enough" for you then who am I to argue.
"Halt". I suppose you don't like western civilization.

>Constantine didn't spread Christianity. He surrendered to it.
He literally did. His father was a Christian which influenced him being one too. Under him, Christians were no longer persecuted allowing Christianity to spread without worry.

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/61927.htm
>while Christians believed it to be Christ, the Son. Most scholars of Christian history today, especially that of Klaus M. Girardet, agree that Constantine had converted to Christianity by this time (312).

Under his rule he skillfully managed to pacify the pagan court and his Christian beliefs.
>Although without doubt horrific, an objective view of the historical context admits that these events are not outside the sphere of an emperor’s experiences and duties; let alone an emperor who is burdened practically and spiritually with the complete transformation of a pagan empire. Historically, Constantine is a great military conqueror with all the violence and heavy-handed domination that is absolutely inherent to ancient Roman roles and society. Politically he is an ‘apostle among kings’ [38] and in submission to all the realities of developing and defending an Orthodox social world-view (which itself was relatively undeveloped at the time) within the precarious context of Roman imperial government. Spiritually, he was a catechumen: one devoted to the Christ and whose primary spiritual focus is that of demonic warfare for the preservation of faith.
>>
>>2595758
More:
>For the next two and a half months, Constantine would “generously subsidize from his private purse twenty-five already existing titular churches and established several new ones; he also instructed his provincial governors to do likewise throughout his dominions.” [22] Girardet documents that, “No Roman Emperor before Constantine had ever done this. Eusebius of Caesarea was to see in Constantine the first emperor who was a ‘friend of God’ and thus chosen to proclaim his message to the world. Girardet sees no reason to contradict Constantine's historian.” [23]

>This thread is about Italians.
Roman =/= Modern day Italians. The context of those posts were under Roman law, thus any mention of Byzantine would mean Roman as in ancient Rome, not Italians. You also are shitting on the Romans anyways so it still counts.

>I literally described Galen ie Roman medicine.
You did but you act as if it was a valid retort. Roman medicine is largely derivative of Greek medicine hence why is worked. Shitting on Roman medicine is akin to shitting on Greek. Not saying any of it is good by today's standard s or even post antiquity but it was fine.

>The others are all either not Italian or literally whos.
>not italians
All with the exception of Copernicus and Brahe were Italian, and some like Cardano and Galileo were exceptional.
And once again to bring it up, outside the renaissance you have influential figures like Fernini, Marconi, Volta, and avagadro.

>No.
>wants citation
>doesn't look into citation
Am I in bizarro /his/?
>>
>>2595725
>It's pretty gimmicky though. Like an easter egg hunt.
If you choose to look at it that way. A lot of the interpretations are actually lost to history, so I am more focused on the care put into to creating ordinary objects. From my perspective that kind of deep attention to detail and recording things as they are foreshadows the scientific investigations in the next centuries.
>>
File: well baited hook.jpg (137KB, 1171x540px) Image search: [Google]
well baited hook.jpg
137KB, 1171x540px
>>2590465
>art is about realism and beauty

Just fucking off yourself degenerate.
>>
>>2596101
The irony is that early Dutch painting was anything but realistic since it lacked proper perspective like Italian paintings.
>>
>>2596130
*unlike Italian paintings
>>
File: 1488308459976.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1488308459976.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>2592712
>>2592721
>>2592732
>>2592739
>>2592750
>>2592768
>>2592776
>>2592791
>>2592768
>>2592791
>>2592783
>>2592776
>>2592797
>>2592817
>>2592831
>>2592840
>>2592803
>>2592887
>>2592877
>>2592866
>>2592861
>>2592853
>>2594860
>>2595051
>>2595180
I can't stop laughing, nothing against nords or Rome/Italy, if you're the same guy. Saved them all.
>>
>>2596101
That's not the point. If you're going to paint a specific set of people which you have at least a general idea of what they looked like, why would you paint them differently?
>>
>>2592503

Women would pluck their eyebrows and hairline. A large forehead was seen as a sign of nobility, gracefulness, and intelligence in women.
>>
>>2592366
>frogs
He's the Turkish "I am Greek" shitposter squatting in Germany
>>
>>2590488
Yea and he was autistic too, so make of that what you will
>>
File: Greeck Original!.jpg (47KB, 634x478px) Image search: [Google]
Greeck Original!.jpg
47KB, 634x478px
>>2597792
Mediterraneans are whites?
>>
>>2595051
No, Italians just kept them as slaves.
>>
>>2590522
If you actually put your finger over her left eye (our right) she doesn't look as retarded. The painter just fucked up that eye making her look like an ayyy lmao. As for what looks like an elongation of her skull, I think it's simply her hair wrapped up in a type of bun
>>
Jesus Christ what a terrible thread. I'll bump it, so everyone can see.
>>
This thing is STILL going?!?
>>
>"Gertrude, can you believe? They think those ancient idiots could ever amount to the grandeur of our modern world!"
>>
>>2595216
>"hey wouldn't it be cool if we could fly"
>scribble some shitty blueprint
>never build it
>it would never work even if someone did build it
>keep all of this a secret forever

Da Vinci was an "inventor" like Jules Verne invented space travel.
>>
File: IMG_0374.jpg (2MB, 3820x2964px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0374.jpg
2MB, 3820x2964px
>The popular idea that the rhetorical gestures of Plato and Aristotle are kinds of pointing (to the heavens, and down to earth) is very likely. But Plato's Timaeus – which is the book Raphael places in his hand – was a sophisticated treatment of space, time, and change, including the Earth, which guided mathematical sciences for over a millennium. Aristotle, with his four-elements theory, held that all change on Earth was owing to motions of the heavens. In the painting Aristotle carries his Ethics, which he denied could be reduced to a mathematical science. It is not certain how much the young Raphael knew of ancient philosophy, what guidance he might have had from people such as Bramante, or whether a detailed program was dictated by his sponsor, Pope Julius II.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_School_of_Athens
>>
>>2599067
Except Jules Verne actually published his books and thus had an effect on the world, which Da Vinci's """"""inventions""""" didn't.
>>
File: IMG_0927.jpg (62KB, 400x601px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0927.jpg
62KB, 400x601px
>>
>>2592203
Italians on suicide watch
>>
ITT: somebody of unknown ethnicity (could be a self-hating Italian, there are plenty of them) tries to argue that Italy becoming culturally dominant threw Europe in the Dark Ages and not either the Black Death or the Barbaric Invasions, while also patently trying to oversell English philosophical thought; and he is fought back by Italians sprouting memes in the midst of actual information that however is mostly unrelated to the argument made.
>>
>>2599311
The barbarian invasions were caused by Rome's collapse, not the other way around. And it was a mercy. Sure Rome isn't considered a dark age in pop history because Romans maintained and spread Greek civilisation. But it put an end to all progress and only achieved stagnation at best. When something stops growing, it can only die. Had Rome survived to this day, we would still be on the scientific and technological level of 2000 years ago.

As for the Renaissance, as already stated the combined effect of the Hundred Years War and the Black Death are of course what brought down France, and shifted the Western cultural centre of gravity towards Italy. But if Italian culture had been conducive to progress, Western civilisation would not have been harmed by that. However it isn't, and so it was.

The broader point being that the carriers of human progress have been the ancient Greeks (in the Classical and Hellenistic eras) and the French and English (since the Middle Ages). Contributions by others have been mostly secondary, and Italians (including as Romans) have mostly hindered it. Which stands in stark contrast to the commonly believed Humanist memes that Rome represents the pinnacle of civilisation and the "Renaissance" its revival.
>>
File: 1486318368122.jpg (87KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486318368122.jpg
87KB, 400x400px
>>2599067
>>2599074
>proven to have invented the first humanoid robot, a precursor to the modern automobile, a precursor to the telescope, the milner canal lock, etc
>lol he didn't even anything

Seriously fuck off with your ignorance. I'm not sure if his designs for flying machines and the helicopter actually influenced the inventors of those things massively or not, but Enrico Forlanini who invented the first working steam powered helicopter studied his designs a bit and even named one of his models after Da Vinci.
>>
>>2598426
>>>/s/tormfront
>>
>>2599491
>some Italian literally who based his imaginary invention on this other Italian imaginary invention
Wow you guys could have a whole imaginary civilisation going on all by yourselves, built entirely on the magic of boundless pretentiousness.

Meanwhile the actual helicopter was invented in France.
>>
File: 1488648475733.png (289KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1488648475733.png
289KB, 586x634px
>>2599524
>Meanwhile the actual helicopter was invented in France.

It didn't work lmao. Get cucked: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter

>In 1861, the word "helicopter" was coined by Gustave de Ponton d'Amécourt, a French inventor who demonstrated a small steam-powered model. While celebrated as an innovative use of a new metal, aluminum, the model never lifted off the ground. D'Amecourt's linguistic contribution would survive to eventually describe the vertical flight he had envisioned. Steam power was popular with other inventors as well. In 1878 the Italian Enrico Forlanini's unmanned vehicle, also powered by a steam engine, rose to a height of 12 meters (40 ft), where it hovered for some 20 seconds after a vertical take-off. Emmanuel Dieuaide's steam-powered design featured counter-rotating rotors powered through a hose from a boiler on the ground.
>>
>>2599536
>unmanned
lmao seriously? That's just another toy like those with rubber bands.

The actual invention of the helicopter is this:

>In 1906, two French brothers, Jacques and Louis Breguet, began experimenting with airfoils for helicopters. In 1907, those experiments resulted in the Gyroplane No.1, possibly as the earliest known example of a quadcopter. Although there is some uncertainty about the date, sometime between 14 August and 29 September 1907, the Gyroplane No. 1 lifted its pilot into the air about two feet (0.6 m) for a minute.[6] The Gyroplane No. 1 proved to be extremely unsteady and required a man at each corner of the airframe to hold it steady. For this reason, the flights of the Gyroplane No. 1 are considered to be the first manned flight of a helicopter, but not a free or untethered flight.

>That same year, fellow French inventor Paul Cornu designed and built a Cornu helicopter that used two 20-foot (6 m) counter-rotating rotors driven by a 24 hp (18 kW) Antoinette engine. On 13 November 1907, it lifted its inventor to 1 foot (0.3 m) and remained aloft for 20 seconds. Even though this flight did not surpass the flight of the Gyroplane No. 1, it was reported to be the first truly free flight with a pilot.[n 1]
>>
>>2599564
The first manned flight was by some German dude actually:

>On July 1901, Hermann Ganswindt demonstrated maiden flight of his helicopter took place in Berlin-Schöneberg, which probably was the first motor-driven flight carrying humans.

>The actual invention of the helicopter

An unmanned helicopter is still an helicopter, so no.
>>
File: smug machiavelli.jpg (43KB, 339x350px) Image search: [Google]
smug machiavelli.jpg
43KB, 339x350px
>>2599450
If I go through the trouble of listing the shitton of influential Italian figures from the Middle Ages you're going to do your faggot trolling bullshit of calling them "literally who's", so I'm just gonna say that the Italian city-states were already overtaking France and Britain in wealth and development way before the Hundred Years War: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_city-states

>Between the 12th and 13th centuries, Italy was vastly different from feudal Europe north of the Alps. The Peninsula was a melange of political and cultural elements, not a unified state.

>It is estimated that the per capita income of northern Italy nearly tripled from the 11th century to the 15th century. This was a highly mobile, demographically expanding society, fueled by the rapidly expanding Renaissance commerce.

>By the 13th century, northern and central Italy had become the most literate society in the world. More than one third of the male population could read in the vernacular (an unprecedented rate since the decline of the Western Roman Empire), as could a small but significant proportion of women.

France had only one important cultural center while the rest of the country was a shithole.
>>
>>2599611
That German claim is completely unsourced and not even mentioned in the German page for that inventor, but whatever.

>An unmanned helicopter is still an helicopter
Pic related, an Italian airplane.
>>
>>2599700
Paris, Cluny, and Avignon were the most important cultural centres for the whole West throughout the Middle Ages, followed by Oxford.

Meanwhile Florence was just a romanboo cosplaying convention and Venice was a glorified pirate haven. The fact they were wealthy and yet contributed nothing of value only underlines the uselessness of Italy.
>>
>>2599734
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_universities

>University of Bologna

>The first university in the sense of a higher-learning, degree-awarding institute, the word university having been coined at its foundation. Teaching there started much earlier since for example Gerard Sagredo born in 980 AD learnt liberal arts there and the town already had a corporation of legis doctores and of causidici
>>
File: 94230428578.png (89KB, 477x492px) Image search: [Google]
94230428578.png
89KB, 477x492px
Directly from the CIA

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP01-00707R000200080002-5.pdf
>>
>>2599762
And the first public one of course. How could I forget: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Naples_Federico_II
>>
>>2599802
And for a complete and total BTFO of your bullshit, the work of Nicole Oresme and the Oxford dudes reached Italy and Italians even made important contributions to it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_Calculators

>The now published sources prove to us, beyond contention, that the main kinematical properties of uniformly accelerated motions, still attributed to Galileo by the physics texts, were discovered and proved by scholars of Merton college.... In principle, the qualities of Greek physics were replaced, at least for motions, by the numerical quantities that have ruled Western science ever since. The work was quickly diffused into France, Italy, and other parts of Europe. Almost immediately, Giovanni di Casale and Nicole Oresme found how to represent the results by geometrical graphs, introducing the connection between geometry and the physical world that became a second characteristic habit of Western thought ..
>>
>get five harvests annually
vs.
>get cold, shit climate maybe one harvest a year.
>>
>>2599859
Okay, so did you get tired of getting BTFO already? It looks like they even fucking printed and distributed his work at the height of the Renaissance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_di_Casali

>About 1346 he wrote a treatise On the Velocity of the Motion of Alteration, which was subsequently printed in Venice in 1505. In it he presented a graphical analysis of the motion of accelerated bodies. His teachings in mathematical physics influenced scholars at the University of Padua and, it is believed, may have ultimately influenced the similar ideas presented over two centuries later by Galileo Galilei

What the fuck was being "held back" again?
>>
>expected a thread abiut Flemish / Italian painting techniques
>got another /pol/thread instead
>>
File: Judith_y_Holofernes.jpg (269KB, 371x674px) Image search: [Google]
Judith_y_Holofernes.jpg
269KB, 371x674px
>>2590692
>posting the inferior Judith
>>
>>2599734
>Avignon was an important cultural center.
>Cluny actually produced culture, instead of copying and syphoning money.

Avignon was relevant as cultural center as Longo as the Pope lived there, get fucked.
>>
>>2601223
Cluny is literally the birthplace of Western civilisation you utter nigger.
>>
>>2599036
Oh wow a bucolic themed painting!
That's surely a new development of '800 arts
>>
>>2602354
>"'800" arts
>Not realizing this is a product of "'700" arts

Christ, at least get your centuries right.
>>
>>2602359
It looks shit. Who cares. Rococo art and architecture gives me nausea.
>>
>>2602367
You're an atheist, aren't you?
>>
>>2602380

christ that's an ugly painting
>>
File: the_swing.jpg (159KB, 509x650px) Image search: [Google]
the_swing.jpg
159KB, 509x650px
>>2602383
>>
Why is there no mention of the people like the franks? They were doing good at the time of the roman collapse.
>>
>>2594814
>Celts
>used to be present in basically most of Europe
>did nothing
>got BTFOd
>now are minorities in UK and have Ireland, I guess
>above Germanics and Slavs
>ever
Only if the ranking is meant to reflect Late Antiquity.
>>
>>2604903
Haha Celts were far more advanced than germans forestnigs or slavs.

See, when Germanics were conquered life got better for them.

Life got worse for the Celtic peoples.
>>
>>2595023
it lists Brunanburh there but there weren't any viking kings or princes, only the scots and welsh had kings there.There were Norse mercenaries though
>>
>>2594814
>Celts and Germanics above Slavs

nigga wat?
>>
>>2593306
lmao he was Corsican you fuckwit, spoke awful French
>>
>>2605307
Corsicans = French

Having an accent =/= speaking awful French

retard
>>
File: mfw.png (350KB, 350x332px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
350KB, 350x332px
>>2601034
>implying we would ever have such an edifying discussion here
Would have been pretty cool though.
>>
File: Dialetti_e_lingue_in_Italia.png (431KB, 1673x2078px) Image search: [Google]
Dialetti_e_lingue_in_Italia.png
431KB, 1673x2078px
>>2605361
>Corsicans = French

NOUS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehistory_of_Corsica

>The greatest genetic distances were between the Sardinian and Corsican populations, which indicates that the islands were settled by different people. The investigators exclude any significant gene flow between the two islands. The closest affinities were with the population of Tuscany. The investigators attribute this closer kinship to a major influx from there in the early and middle Neolithic, which they date to the 8th-6th millennia BCE. Subsequently, they postulate a population expansion in the Chalcolithic, which is substantiated by the distribution of Corsican artifacts throughout the Mediterranean. The separation of Corsican and non-Corsican populations falls within rather wide limits: no earlier than 19,000 BCE or later than 3000 BCE at latest, according to Tofanelli.
>>
>>2605371
By the way, the other genetic study is about southern Corsica, which is where the Torrean civilization (same shit as Nuragic in Sardinia) was located: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrean_civilization Northern Corsica is inhabit by a Tuscan-like population though. Corsicans are just Tuscans who got cucked by Genoa and then France later. Even their dialect is derived from the Tuscan one.
>>
>>2605371
>>2605401

>French nationality
>muh genetics

pick one
>>
File: 1439085820222.jpg (88KB, 411x502px) Image search: [Google]
1439085820222.jpg
88KB, 411x502px
>>2605447
>Corsicans still speak their language, hate France and want to be independent
>Napoleon was a Corsican independentist early on
>his family was of noble Tuscan origin

Come on, just admit he was a fucking Italian immigrant in France already. Even wikipedia does that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italians_in_France#Gallery
>>
>>2605497
>Catherine de' Medici
>Mazarin
>Napoleon

Damn, and people say it's Italy that's the bitch of France. It really looks like it's the other way around to me. For the exact opposite, you could say that the Savoyards were ethnically Arpitan (although I'm not sure if their language is closer to Gallo-Italic or the langues d'oïl).
>>
>>2598176

Aren't autists obsessed with small details, though?

>>2598426

Whether they are or not, they were the center of world civilization while MUH ARYAN RACE were fucking cavemen.
>>
>>2605497
>hate France and want to be independent

AHAHAHAHA Luigi pls
Corsicans want more autonomy, not being independent. Separatism doesnt exist in France unless you count a bunch of pitiful retards trying to be terrorists and failing at it.

>immigrant
literally born in France
>>
File: sardinia ancient.jpg (78KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sardinia ancient.jpg
78KB, 960x540px
>>2605401
Corsicans got Sardinian'd
Thread posts: 246
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.