[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was making a deductive argument for why there can only be one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: dark room.jpg (21KB, 491x400px) Image search: [Google]
dark room.jpg
21KB, 491x400px
I was making a deductive argument for why there can only be one mind, but one part stands out as not being necessarily true.

Are humans unable to imagine that other minds exist? The inability of humans to do this is used as the basis of solipsism, and I'm aiming to produce a model that reconciles this phenomena with realism. If humans actually can imagine that other minds exist, then this is all pointless.
>>
>>2589180
>Are humans unable to imagine that other minds exist?
Of course not. Ever heard of the development of theory of mind in childhood? It's typical for children to learn that people have minds of their own and if that doesn't happen it's a sign of an illness like autism.
>>
>>2589198
I was just under the assumption that it was more complicated than that because people bring up solipsism all the time and it doesn't seem feasible that everyone who brings it up is either a retard or 3 years old.
>>
>>2589215
Or maybe people are solipsists but they just accept different premises than the one you mentioned.
>>
>>2589261
Like what?
>>
>>2590024
like what descartes thought, I don't recall him saying about humans being able to imagine that other minds exist
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.