[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the symbology of Islam, a star is visible inside the crescent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

In the symbology of Islam, a star is visible inside the crescent of a moon, yet this is clearly impossible by our understanding of celestial bodies. I mean, are we to believe that this is a magic moon, or something? Ha ha, boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.
>>
Moon-and-Star is ancient symbols that predated Islam and had its roots in ancient cult of Nerevar.
>>
File: images(4).jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>2586624
>>
>>2586614
Blame the ottomans. This is merley symbolic (lunar moon i guess)
>>
>>2586679
Crescent Moon was Constantinople symbol that was dedicated to goddess Diana.
>>
>>2586614
It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with celestial bodies. The five points of the star represent the five pillars of Islam.
>>
>>2586848
But why is it inside the moon?
>>
File: a10119.jpg (81KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
a10119.jpg
81KB, 500x671px
>>2586854
The whole thing actually derived from an old Ottoman story.
There was a man who fought in a war which resulted in victory. However he was the only one standing. Depressed he looked at /his/ deceased brothers. They had a shirt full of blood. The moon and star were aligned in a perfect position that reflected upon his bloody shirt. This ultimately created a realistic image of the Ottoman flag.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.