[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some /his/ recommend books for a fairly new /his/torian?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (100KB, 848x566px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 848x566px
what are some /his/ recommend books for
a fairly new /his/torian?
it can be about the Babylonians all the way to the
Third Reich.
>>
>>2585409
No replies to OP. Here, from my shelves:

Pancho Villa - Friedrich Katz
Che Guevara - Jon Lee Anderson (not my favorite but you have to start somewhere)
Stalin: In the Court of the Red Tsar - Simon Sebag Montefiore
Zapata - John Steinbeck (more for semi-contemporaneous context/opinion)
The Destruction of the Americas - Las Casas
Companero - Jorge Castaneda (better than Anderson)
A Lexicon of Terror - Marquerite Feitlowitz
Born in Blood and Fire - John Chasteen
Essential Works of Lenin - Lenin (Dover Publishing; contextual reference)
Fascism - Stanley G. Payne (for context)
Das Kapital (abridged) + The Communist Manifesto - Karl Marx (contextual)
Shadows of Tender Fury - Subcomandante Marcos (Letters/Communications from Zapatistas)
Secret History (CIA operations in Guatemala) - Nick Cullather
House and Street (Domestic Servants/Servitude in Brazil) - Lauderdale Graham
The Assassination of Gaitan - Herbert Braun
The City of Mexico in the Age of Diaz - Michael Johns
Setting the Virgin on Fire - Marjorie Becker

There you go. A brief history of pre/post-revolutionary Latin America.
>>
>>2585526
some books are better than none, thanks
>>
>>2585409
Thucydides.
>>
File: IMG_8822.jpg (3MB, 4500x3090px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8822.jpg
3MB, 4500x3090px
>>
The Wealth and Poverty of Nations
Book by David Landes is a great one that I read.

"Landes elucidates the reasons why some countries and regions of the world experienced near miraculous periods of explosive growth while the rest of the world stagnated." Its a lot more interesting than the summary, trust.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.