[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Kaiser willy deliver justice to Belgium by making them answer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_6857.jpg (37KB, 480x346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6857.jpg
37KB, 480x346px
Did Kaiser willy deliver justice to Belgium by making them answer for their crimes in the Congo?
>>
File: German genocide.png (64KB, 1395x331px) Image search: [Google]
German genocide.png
64KB, 1395x331px
>Implying the Germans didn't treat natives like shit.
>>
>>2585421
>[12] [page needed]
>[13] [page needed]

Dude, it's just a Trail of Tears situation. No forced exiling is pretty, but at least it's not fucking enslavement where missing a fucking rubber quota is punishable under penalty of mutilation or death, or an entire genocide of entire islands for the sake of a nutmeg monopoly.
>>
>>2585450
The nutmeg one was the Dutch, not the Belgians.
>>
>>2585460
I never said the latter was Belgian.
>>
>>2585421
If I had to guess all that information came out after the fact around the Second World War to try and justify anti-German propaganda.
>>
>>2585401
yfw Kaizy will never grab your nose and pull creating an early version of the Three Stooges.
>>
1.) No

2.) Blaming Belgium for the Congo situation is a bit silly. It was the property of the King personally who treated it as a pan-european company. The unit which committed most of the atrocities (Force Publique) was made up primarily of local Africans and Germans (shocker).
>>
>>2585421
The tier of what colonial power you wanted to be occupied by, from most to least, is basically

>France
>Britain, US, Netherlands
>Italy, Portugal
>Spain, Russia
>Belgium
>Germany
>Japan
>>
>>2585450
>but at least it's not fucking enslavement where missing a fucking rubber quota is punishable under penalty of mutilation or death, or an entire genocide of entire islands for the sake of a nutmeg monopoly.

So congratulations, Germany is now the tallest midget when it comes to colonial atrocities. Still doesn't mean it didn't fucking suck.
>>
>>2585581
>The unit which committed most of the atrocities [...] was made up primarily of [...] Germans
citation needed
>>
File: 1467954599989.jpg (206KB, 1220x918px) Image search: [Google]
1467954599989.jpg
206KB, 1220x918px
>>2585591
>Germany worse than Belgium, Russia, Spain and Portugal
/his/ Teutonaphobia never fails to amaze me
>>
>>2585591
>Britain that high
>bengal famine
>mau mau genocide
>>
>>2585591
>Germany, Italy, Portugal
>France, US, Netherlands
>Japan, Russia
>Spain
>Britain
>Belgium
Fixed your list
German colonies were literally just comfy Schutzgebiete (protection zones)
but talk shit get hit applies here as well
>>
>>2585450
No, Germany enslaved the survivors and committed horrible experiments on them and rapes too.
>>
>>2585581
>The unit which committed most of the atrocities (Force Publique) was made up primarily of local Africans and Germans (shocker).

Still under Leopold's and his managements control. Also it wasn't only Germans
>>
>>2585832
Prove it.
>>
>ITT: People yet again desperately trying to push the tired "All Germans Are Nazis" narrative

You know, you could paint literally any culture as one-dimensionally evil like this. Why not try All English Are Puritans, or All French Are Jacobins? I bet you'd get the best results trying for something like "All Americans Are Slave Drivers" or "All Russians Are Communists"
>>
File: 1478778249405.jpg (24KB, 447x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478778249405.jpg
24KB, 447x500px
>Italy being that high

>Forgets brutal repression of Libya and Conquest of Ethiopia.
>>
>>2585918
>All English are puritans
That's basically true though.
>>
File: eritrea-postcards-2.jpg (803KB, 1300x1844px) Image search: [Google]
eritrea-postcards-2.jpg
803KB, 1300x1844px
>>2585591
>not italy

I read that since the cities and stuff in colonies were "scratch-built" compared to the old cities in Italy, they were very modern and smartly designed. The blacks in the colonies were apperently well treated too and continued fighting for Italy in WW2 after they had lost east-africa as a guerilla force out of loyalty. They even recieved pension money from Italian government after the war.
>>
>>2586258
"Except for the German parachute division in Italy and the Japanese in Burma no enemy with whom the British and Indian troops were matched put up a finer fight than those Savoia battalions at Keren (Eritrea). Moreover, the Colonial troops, until they cracked at the very end, fought with valour and resolution, and their staunchness was a testimony to the excellence of the Italian administration and military training in Eritrea"
>>
>>2586258
>The blacks in the colonies were apperently well treated too

They were treated like shit though.

>after they had lost east-africa as a guerilla force out of loyalty.

no they did it because being an Italian soldier is the only way for an African to make money in Italian East Africa.
>>
>>2586311
The only reason why the "they were treated well" is told is because Italy's foray into Africa has very little presence in Italy, it's barely taught that well over there and worldwide in general no one has any interest in those areas.
>>
>>2585591
>France
Every time.
>>
>>2585645
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herero_and_Namaqua_genocide
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maji_Maji_Rebellion

whatever you say hans
>>
>>2585619
>he thinks colonialism was bad
So how's highschool treating you, anon?
>>
>>2585591
France was one of the worst, along with Portugal. Britain and Germany were probably the best. Netherlands was pretty bad, too.
>>
>>2585634
>the goverment should intervene when inflation occurs
And should we also build them railroads?
>>
>>2586114
What is me a Catholic of noble birth who wishes for an Edwardian revolution
>>
>>2586500
They were built to extract resources from the colonies, not to facilitate travel.
>>
>>2585492
>an early version of the Three Stooges.
They would be contemporary as that photo appears to be taken in the 30's.
>>
>>2585591
Denmark was even better IMO, all they did when they colonized Greenland was basically build a couple of churches and hunt whales. They mostly got along pretty well with the natives. Netherlands should be lower IMO, I'm Dutch and we were pretty hard on the Indos. Read Max Havelaar if you're interested.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.