[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the CULTURAL legacy of the Black Death? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1431775757631.jpg (58KB, 336x394px) Image search: [Google]
1431775757631.jpg
58KB, 336x394px
What's the CULTURAL legacy of the Black Death?

I've heard enough about the social and economic transformations stemming from the Plague, but what of the cultural impact?
>>
>>2584984
it's argued it is one of the many factors that prompted such things as the reinessance, causing a widespread discontent towards a God who would let all that happen
That's one of the things
>>
stupid shitty cats being the meme pet of all time

fuck me running, enough already
>>
>>2584990
You're a fucking idiot. People became way more religious in Europe after the black death, just look at reformed Christianity.
>>
>>2584984
You can't separate society from economics in medieval Europe. The aristocracy dominated both.
>>
>>2585485
While I do agree that Protestants are more religious than Catholics, the former was a result of the later being dicks, not something you can give the Black Death any credits for.
>>
Anti-Semitism. Jewish folk were accused of poisoning wells except in Poland which evidently had none.
>>
>>2585485
Look at how art went from being all about religion to being all about death and then from then on they just painted whatever. Most people were probably religious but things secularized in a way.
>>
>>2585509
Actually the jewish practice of well-poisoning continues into modern day.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_settler_violence

It's no myth.
>>
>>2584984
Le happy skeleton became a popular subject in art.
>>
>>2585561
>>
File: 1963.30.28497.jpg (111KB, 477x600px) Image search: [Google]
1963.30.28497.jpg
111KB, 477x600px
>>2585561
You're right actually the memento mori did become anything immediately after the Black Death.

An interesting commentary on human psychology and adapting to the constant threat of terrible death.
>>
>>2585561
>>
>>2585001

Underrated post
>>
Lords competing for the remaining workers ended feudalism
>>
>>2585885
thats not really cultural
>>
>>2585585
>An interesting commentary on human psychology and adapting to the constant threat of terrible death.
That has been always the case.
You're thinking of the constant sight of death and disease.
>>
>>2585506
A factor to this was the Catholic Church losing its authority over people as it was unable to do anything about the great death.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.