[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I be a Christian if I don't think that Jesus rose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: eyeshed_0.png (305KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
eyeshed_0.png
305KB, 640x430px
How can I be a Christian if I don't think that Jesus rose from the dead?

I dig a lot of the philosophy within the bible, I dig that Christianity is great at building social cohesion, etc.

Though, all the paranormal stuff surrounding Jesus, and the Tall Tales in the Old Testament are off-putting, you know?

I'd love to go to church with a chick and shit, but I roll my eyes when they talk about him rising from the dead

Wat do
>>
>>2584927
>I'd love to go to church with a chick and shit

Modern American Evangelists.
>>
>>2584930
*People who enjoy company and like having a good time
>>
>>2584934
>you have to go to church with a chick to enjoy the company of others
xD
>>
>>2584938
>you can't go to church with a chick and have a good time! grr!!
>>
>>2584927
Just attend some mainline protestant denomination's services once or twice a month, nobody will care if you seriously believe in any of it. Catholics care a bit more, and Evangelicals are cray cray, but the reactionaries on here are a clear minority even among christians.
>>
>>2584939
>church is a social gathering
>modern american evangelists
>>
File: 1490820089963.jpg (49KB, 420x567px) Image search: [Google]
1490820089963.jpg
49KB, 420x567px
>>2584927
>believes in an all-powerful sky daddy who created the the universe and everything in it
>Believing some kike rose from the dead is too hard tho lol
>>
>>2584978
>believes in an all-powerful sky daddy who created the the universe and everything in it

I believe in God because this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0KHiiTtt4w&t=1s
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 200x253px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 200x253px
The problem here is that you don't think the paranormal aspects of our world ARE actually real and in FULL effect at ALL times.

If you don't realize the supernatural IS actually as natural as the rest of reality and it's fabric then you'd better have the faith to believe in it because most who know it's real work for the 'bad guy' and use it to their advantage to keep the majority of humanity in the dark about this fact alone. (the real source of their 'power')

That's the secret of virtually ALL 'secret societies' is that you sell out to something else (something evil) which in turn makes you more evil in turn because you're now merely a tool in that entities hand to be used at will (because you allowed it) as opposed allowing Creator God (Real God) use you for the purposes of good.

Christianity isn't a social gathering that's lukewarm Christianity, REAL Christianity is a battlefield (daily) and realizing it's such from day 1 till the day you die (and eternity afterward depending on where you go at that point)

Ephesians 6:12King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

TL;DR
It isn't just "philosophy' senpai it's a way of life
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.