[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religious/philosophical question here. Ive been atheist or agnostic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Religious/philosophical question here. Ive been atheist or agnostic for most of my life. My family was never religious per say, the first time I went to church was when I was 8. Most existential questions I presented to my parents were answered with "gee idk OP". Throughout my early teens I mostly took a hedonistic approach, I thought pleasure was the purpose of life. In my later teens I began to place more importance on the furthering of humanity as a whole, the pursuit of knowledge, technology, health, and overall well being. My beliefs have become much more "conservative" or traditionalist over the last 4-5 years. I no longer relate to the concept of humanity as a whole, Ive lost a feeling of hopefulness and optimism. Instead of identifying myself as human I started to identify myself as solely European. I tried to find purpose through European culture and Germanic/Norse paganism because I felt that it would offer an outlook that most popular religions didnt. I became interested in pagan reconstructionism, research papers pertaining to archeology, and analysis of sagas and Eddic poems/lit. It may be misguided but I feel like Ive attained somewhat of an understanding of their beliefs. Part of me feels satisfied with living a life according to their practices and beliefs. However Im still experiencing existential crises. To live a virtuous/honorable life so that I can die and be buried in a burial mound with my family sounds great. I would live by a code of honor anyway even if there was no reward. The question I have in the first place is "why are we here?" and nothing seems to answer it.

>tldr; Im an Odinist/heathen who wants the perspective of other heathens and non-heathens on the purpose of life.
>>
>>2584895
>this thread
>everyone here claims to have lived the hedonistic lifestyle
>25 year old virgin neck beards
>hedonists
>>
>>2584901
Haha in retrospect that does sound spergy as fuck. I should have known better.
>>
WE WUZ VIKANGS N SHIEEEEEEEEET
>>
>>2584901
You are asking questions that no one can answer for sure. The minute you talk about it, discussion lses its power as personal opinion is lost in meaning of words when you try to answer 'why' Absolute truth is unattainable. Now, practical truth is at your face everyday. Once you realise why isn't the question, but what do I want and how can I get there, you're perspective will change.
>>
File: 1449182424989.jpg (30KB, 585x350px) Image search: [Google]
1449182424989.jpg
30KB, 585x350px
>>2584901
Gluttonay and Sloth are hedonism just as getting drunk and slaying pussy is.

>>2584895
Kierkegaardian Christianity is the answer. Start reading with Fear and Trembling and then delve into the more serious stuff.
>>
>>2584895
>Im an Odinist/heathen

No, you're not. The vast majority of European pagan beliefs were not written down or got destroyed by Christians. The same way Arab paganism got wiped out by Islam.

What you follow is new age bullshit attributed to said pagan beliefs. We don't know much about how those gods were worshiped, but it sure as fuck wasn't limp wristed new agey shit. In fact, unless you're gonna go die in battle then prepare for a miserable as fuck afterlife according to viking beliefs.
>>
>babby's first existential crisis
here, let me trigger another one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_problem_of_consciousness
>>
>>2584895
>why are we here
Because the cow AuĂ°umbla licked the ice out of Buri's body.
>>
>>2585827
>le science can't answer something
Wow so scary
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.