[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good literary works to aid in removing preconceived

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: d75cd2daa92ba76062bd6632ff661c9f.jpg (491KB, 710x1000px) Image search: [Google]
d75cd2daa92ba76062bd6632ff661c9f.jpg
491KB, 710x1000px
What are some good literary works to aid in removing preconceived notions and prejudices from the human mind? I believe, after years of browsing /pol/ and accepting all statements at face value, that I am troubled by severe cognitive dissonance. What books can aid in becoming more receptive and questioning? Pic unrelated.
t. Recovering stormfag
>>
>>2583920
Focus on a specific author and try and understand them instead of this hive mind of poison.
>>
File: 1461387472177.jpg (30KB, 353x313px) Image search: [Google]
1461387472177.jpg
30KB, 353x313px
>>
>>2583920
The key is independent and critical thought. Honestly, even if it isn't necessarily the most exciting or obscure works, I would start with Aristotle's rhetoric and Plato's The Republic. Philosophy and writing, both, do a lot to aid to critical thinking skills, which are a necessity to escaping the hive.

Like >>2583942 said, you could honestly start with anything you wanted as long as you dedicated yourself to understanding their point and how they came to those conclusions through their evidence. Also, for the love god, check your sources and always question the intention of the piece you're presented with - especially if you have a history of /pol/-ism
>>
>>2583920
Stirner - The Ego and its own
Nietzsche - The Dawn
Nietzsche - The Gay Science
>>
>>2583920
>What books can aid in becoming more receptive and questioning?

Books don't teach that. That's life. The irony being that you spend less time reading tomes and merely observe the actions of people.

You realize that people will sacrifice body and mind for power and status.

But you can't read it and be like "Oh". You have to experience it for yourself.

Once you get a feel for humanity, then you can come back to books. Because then you see the webs of natural pettiness sprinkled within each tome but with a perspective that doesn't spite man for being man.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.