[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That zozzle moment when people consider Montezuma a great aztec

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: i_guess_theyre_gods.jpg (82KB, 580x487px) Image search: [Google]
i_guess_theyre_gods.jpg
82KB, 580x487px
That zozzle moment when people consider Montezuma a great aztec leader only because he is the only one we know when he actually fucked his entire empire to some shiny looking people with a boat
>>
>>2583640
Cuatemoc (his nephew) was briefly king and seemed like a better leader. He certainly understood the Spaniards better.
>>
>>2583640
He was a decent Tlatoani. Under his rule the empire expanded to its maximum extent.
>>
>>2583656
that makes it even worse, he was a fierce leader who conquered a sizable empire and lost it all to about 60 dudes who literally couldn't escape because Cortez burned the boats
>>
>>2583702
The Spaniards had lots of native help, particularly the Tlaxcala.
>>
>>2583640

There were 2 different Montezumas. One is the great one who died long before the spanish arrived, and the one who met the Spanish.

Two different guys with the same name.
>>
Someone give me a basic gestalt on the Aztecs
>>
>>2584783
Filthy mexica deserved everything which they got
>>
>>2583640
What do you lads think about the conquest of new spain?
With how much salt should one take it?
>>
>>2584794
Their language was pretty radical, I wish I knew it
>>
>>2583640
Moctezuma II was actually a wise man according to his actions. He had a period of doubt, where he was analyzing the spanish power as they closed in from the coast, which took a long time. He even proxy-fighted them.
On the light of events like the massacre of Cholula, he decided to let the spanish in without fighting, which was the wisest decision. That way he could preserve some power and keep the capital.

His successor was much more shortsighted and it resulted in the annihilation of Tenochtitlan.
>>
>>2584811
Here are some words if you're interested:

Hueyi Tlatoani: Great Speaker (emperor)
Tzompantli: Skull rack
Ollamaliztli: Ball game
Tlateomatiliztli: Faith
Macehualtin: Commoner
Pipiltin: Noble
Mayeque: Slave
Macuahuitl: Obsidian broadsword used by the aztecs.
Cuachicqueh: "Shorn One" member of the Aztec military elite. Veteran soldiers who performed 20 "great deeds" to achieve the rank.

Some examples of city names were Tenochtitlan, Tlatelolco, Texcoco, Otumpan, Azcapotzalco, Huaxyacac, and Culhuacan

Important leaders: Moctezuma, Itzcoatl, Ahuitzotl, Nezahualcoyotl, Ixtlilxochitl, Maxixcatzin, Tlacaelel.

It's hard to get the pronunciation at first but you get used to it after a while. I wish I could speak the language casually, but I only know important words as they relate to history.
>>
File: Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli.jpg (295KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli.jpg
295KB, 640x480px
>>2584811
me too
>>
>>2584811
A lot of Spanish words come from Nahuatl. I'm making a Nahuatl version of my mesoamerican comic and it's an interesting language. Though I wish they developed a writing like the Mayas did. And I wish Maya writing had survived, damn spanish priests ruining everything.
>>
File: IMG_1202.png (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1202.png
3MB, 2048x1536px
I'm going to Mexico in December for a week ,plan on checking out some Maya sites.
I forget right now the name of the only one you can still climb.We're going to that one for sure.
>>
>>2585072

What animu is this?
>>
>>2585072

I want to hear a Japanese person pronounce that.
>>
>>2585142
legend of the galactic heroes

>>2585179
kek
>>
>>2585114
Uxmal?
>>
>build your city on a lake
>don't know anything about boats beyond canoes
>get invaded by people who sailed from an ocean away
Hysterical
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.