[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Epidemiologists have now identified a long list of other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170323-172505.jpg (400KB, 1282x963px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170323-172505.jpg
400KB, 1282x963px
>Epidemiologists have now identified a long list of other stress-related diseases as “diseases of civilization” – diabetes, atherosclerosis, asthma, allergies, obesity and cancer. These diseases are rampant throughout the developed world, but virtually non-existent among modern-day aboriginal peoples.

>In a study of 2000 Kaluli aborigines from Papua New Guinea, only one marginal case of clinical depression was found. Why? Because the Kaluli lifestyle is very similar to our hunter-gatherer ancestors’ lifestyle that lasted for nearly 2 million years before agriculture, Ildari said.

>“99.9 percent of the human experience was lived in a hunter-gatherer context,” he added. “Most of the selection pressures that have sculpted and shaped our genomes are really well adapted for that environment and that lifestyle.”

2016/02/24/the-caveman-cure-for-depression/
>>
Ever consider that these are "diseases of civilization" because those people would have just died in Papua New Guinea?
>>
File: 1490536955094.jpg (29KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
1490536955094.jpg
29KB, 208x206px
We just need more time to adapt to agricultural societies. No need to go back being savages. Evolution will fix it.
>>
>>2579245
pseudoscience
>diabetes
Type 1 diabetes has high heritability
>diabetes
>atherosclerosis
>obesity
we already have the cure, don't overeat
>asthma, allergies
would trade infectious diseases for them
>cancer
see >>2579253

What is the psychological motivation for trying to diminish the industrial revolution? Is it jealousy towards Anglo-Saxon achievements?
>>
>>2579245
lolPrimitivists

"Diseases of affluence" are diseases you have to live long enough to get.
They weren't a problem back in the day because people were dying in their 40s and 50s if not earlier.
>>
Yeah, im gonna cure my depression and obesity by living like an aboriginal and...wait, i just died from a mosquito bite. oh well.
>>
>>2579245
>not just letting the mentally weak who can't adapt to modern life just die off
>>
most people in preindustrial societies died before they reached adulthood and then most would spend the rest of their lives on the brink of starvation. Sounds like something I would trade easy modern living for. If you think that way then get some friends and move out to the middle of no were with them and see how long you last.
>>
>>2579245
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHAyOZBza0U
>This is op
>op is a faggot
>>
File: amazon.jpg (212KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
amazon.jpg
212KB, 800x600px
>>2579428

If only there was a way for us to usher in the Kim Stanley Robinson future where we don't collapse the ecology of earth and doom the biosphere with out comfy easy modern lives
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.