[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was it like being a jew in 1930s Germany? >inb4 happy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
80KB, 500x421px
What was it like being a jew in 1930s Germany?

>inb4 happy merchant
>inb4 muh 6 gorrilion

Please NO memes /pol/. I just want to know what it felt like being a jew in the 1930s. Lets just keep it to the please.
>>
>>2577987
At that time Hitler alreasy encouraged violence againot them. It would probably be something like how the KKK treated blacks, with the government ignoring it.
>>
The goyim know! We must flee to NYC!
>>
>>2577995
Nice try shill, but te KKK just went after the niggers who were rapists and criminals. They left ordinary blacks alone otherwse.
>>
Jews were theoretically allowed to emigrate from Germany until 1939, but most countries didn't want them.

You have to remember that antisemitism was the norm for all of world history until WWII.

Also, because of the Great Depression, most countries had closed their borders.
>>
>>2578000
Hello my 13 year old friend.
>>
>>2578003

>ordinary blacks so long as they don't try to vote
>rapists and criminals don't need trials
>>
>>2578006
>You have to remember that antisemitism was the norm for all of world history until WWII

there's a big difference between social discrimination and oppression by the state itself. they got literally downgraded to third-class citizens.
>>
>>2578983
For most of human history they didn't.
>>
>>2579010
Doesn't change the fact that other countries didn't want them.
>>
>>2577987
Try running to Switzerland. Don't go to Netherlands.
>>2579023
Not him, but from what I remember, a relatively large amount of Jews fled Germany in the 30s and went to Switzerland, Netherlands and the US.
>>
>>2579107
Didn't Danish Jews basically all go to Sweden? Close by, similar language, etc. would make that transition easier.

The massive growth of the Swedish Jewish population during/after WWII is why Sweden became so liberal in the 60s and 70s.
>>
>>2577987
Weimar Germany was far more liberal but eventually they started being singled out and harassed. At first much of the populace weren't very anti-semitic and Hindenburg even said that Hitler was too violent and racist to be appointed Chancellor (this was before the fire).
>>
Jews were not even at the top of the Nazi's shitlist. They only focused on Jews after they got rid of their main enemy: the communists. The first and most vicious repression in Germany was hunting down and imprisoning or executing commies and any newspapers or magazines associated with communists. Imagine the red scare in America but instead of just going on a blacklist you had brownshirts breaking into your home to throw you in prison on the charge of high treason, for which you were convicted without trial.
>>
File: IMG_0805.jpg (197KB, 1024x691px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0805.jpg
197KB, 1024x691px
>>2577987
>hey, lets go fight in WW1 to prove our loyalty to our country and maybe be accepted into German society!
>oh well the war was lost and now they're blaming it on us even though Jews went to fight at higher rates than Germans
BEWARE THE ETERNAL KRAUT
>>
>>2579425
>>2579415
You guys are forgetting the fact that, in German minds, Jews and communists were synonymous.

Between Lenin and Trotsky in Russia and Luxembourg et al. in Germany, many people in Central and Eastern Europe made that connection.
>>
File: IMG_2030.png (33KB, 218x210px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2030.png
33KB, 218x210px
>>2577987
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.