[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be US citizen >Say mean things about England during WWII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Lord-Haw-Haw-452280.jpg (82KB, 590x829px) Image search: [Google]
Lord-Haw-Haw-452280.jpg
82KB, 590x829px
>Be US citizen
>Say mean things about England during WWII
>1946
>Brits execute you for treason against the British crown

How the fuck was this execution legal? It would be justified if it was the Americans executing him for treason against America.
>>
He pretended to be British to get a passport and vote.
Also
>talk shit get hit
>>
File: 106_ooaBobG.jpg (146KB, 600x760px) Image search: [Google]
106_ooaBobG.jpg
146KB, 600x760px
>>2575988
>Migrant related voter fraud should be punishable by death
agreed
>>
>>2575972
>How the fuck was this execution legal?

Because he was a British citizen who had spent most of his life in Northern Ireland.

Also, because he committed High Treason.
>>
>>2575999

>he was a British citizen
But he wasn't. He was an American/German dual citizen
>>
>>2575988
>>2575999
These are not answers.

What treason did he commit? Do the brits just get to execute any of their citizens they want?
>>
>>2576010
>>2576005

>When the case went to trial, on 17 September 1945, Joyce was charged on three counts of high treason, namely that:

>1. William Joyce, on 18 September 1939, and on numerous other days between 18 September 1939 and 29 May 1945 did aid and assist the enemies of the King by broadcasting to the King's subjects propaganda on behalf of the King's enemies.

>2. William Joyce, on 26 September 1940, did aid and comfort the King's enemies by purporting to be naturalised as a German citizen.

>3. William Joyce, on 18 September 1939 and on numerous other days between 18 September 1939 and 2 July 1940 did aid and assist the enemies of the King by broadcasting to the King's subjects propaganda on behalf of the King's enemies.

>The case took three days to hear. In order to overcome the confusion surrounding his citizenship, the prosecution argued that the British passport, which Joyce had renewed immediately prior to his escape from Britain, and which was valid until 2 July 1940, entitled him to the protection afforded to all British passport holders, and that he therefore owed allegiance in return. Had he kept his US citizenship during his time in Britain, he could never have been prosecuted on treason charges in the UK.

You don't enjoy the benefits of Britain without owing your allegiance to it in return. It's what expats often fail to understand.
>>
>>2576016
Are 1 and 3 supposed to be the same or did I misread it?

And if it weren't for the fact that that was during WW2, I'd laugh at those charges.

[spoiler] those charges are fairly absurd though [/spoiler]
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.